Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-08-2013, 08:38 AM   #1

Campers who leave dog poop on their site

Spent Friday and Saturday at the Evergreen Park RV resort in Dundee Ohio. In fact there is a picture of it at the top of this page. This is our favorite rv park.

We arrived Friday evening around 6:30 pm. We checked in for spot #3. We have stayed in this area many times. TW was directing me into the spot when she looked down and saw the dog poop. She brought it to my attention and I looked around and found no less than 6 piles. It was not fresh, it was hard and dry. The guy in spot #2 who had two dogs came over with a bag and shovel and cleaned it up. Thanks again.

After setting up the new camper (madden voyage 2013 Coachmen Freedom Express). While walking around I also noticed that there was grease dumped in the grass and the dog had chewed up some plastic and the owners left it lay there. I took a walk to the office and told the lady about what was there. I don't usually complain but enough is enough. She said no one had been on that spot since Easter weekend. She was going to call the folks that camped there and hopefully charge them for the clean up.

People wonder why there are parks that don't allow pets or who charge a fee for them. There is NO reason not to clean up after your dog.

Evergreen is such a nice park. Please help keep it clean from dog poop. They have a dog walk area and even supply poop bags to clean it up. There is even a doggy bath. How would you feel if your children or grandchildren would step in it and bring it into your camper. I like dogs but don't own one.
psrujak is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-08-2013, 08:47 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Some people just live like pigs and expect the rest of us to clean up after them. Sad but true.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:49 AM   #3
Community Administrator

Luckily it's only a few.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:50 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
All valid points that pertain to anywhere... not just rv sites. Just like neglectful parents, there are some dog owners that need a swift hard kick in the rear... or an invitation not to come back again... At the same time, park owners or managers should walk the sites daily and take the time to do a brief inspection... especially where dogs are concerned. If they see something, they should say something. You were right to say something... They should also clean a site up after an rv leaves... We pay good money to park and plug in.
StevieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:27 AM   #5

It is going to happening in any CG........just as some people are going to allow their children to run wild, yell, scream and argue with each other, play their outdoor entertainment centre & music too loud, drink too much, leave cigarette butts & litter everywhere, drive unmuffled motorbikes, ATV's, golf carts around, etc, etc. ......it's not that it happens, but "how" the CG deals with these problem(s) that really matters IMO.

While your story is a good example of irresponsible pet ownership, it is probably a better example of poor CG management. "Where".... was the CG when all of this was taking place...."Why".....has the site not been properly cleaned prior to your arrival...."What".... did the CG offer to do or " how" did they compensate you for the unacceptable condition of your site.....or did they simply shrug their shoulders and blame it someone else?
Jack1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:43 AM   #6

Common trash!
Old 04-08-2013, 09:54 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I don't know that I would be so quick to thank the camper in site 2 for cleaning the dog poop from your site. I think there's a good chance it was from his dogs.

I see this quite often. People will walk their dogs away from their site, and let them do their business on some empty site, even when there is a designated dog area. While it's true that most of the time the owners will pick up after their dogs, the point is they shouldn't be doing it in the first place.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:13 AM   #8

BobGed,

I thought about that but they arrived a couple hours before we did and the poop was dry and hard.
psrujak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:27 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack1234 View Post
While your story is a good example of irresponsible pet ownership, it is probably a better example of poor CG management.
How do you figure that? Rules of any campsite is YOU, the occupant, keep it clean. The "slob" pet owner is the problem and makes it bad for the "Good" people out there.
TRAILERKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:32 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAILERKING View Post
How do you figure that? Rules of any campsite is YOU, the occupant, keep it clean. The "slob" pet owner is the problem and makes it bad for the "Good" people out there.

I guess I view it as the CG's responsibility to provide a clean site to the incoming (paying) customer.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:37 AM   #11

Send a message via Yahoo to BlauMax
I have them in my neighborhood as well.. dogs cr@p on the sidewalk and the owner probably looks around to see if anyone is looking.. and walks on. So much like smokers that toss their butts anywhere and everywhere. Argghh

Yes, RickO.. I agree with your statement.. but, the onus is really on being a RESPONSIBLE pet owner. I know I always carry a sandwich baggy in my pocket for my pet's refuse.

I'd love to see these dog owners and then pick up the turds and toss them in a place where they have to deal with it. Front steps of their RV? Yahhhhh! Geez, I hate to be objectionable myself.. but, will they ever learn? Will they ever care?
Old 04-08-2013, 10:42 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
I consider all of them to be the most thoughtless inconsiderate STUPID people living on this planet.

And you can't FIX stupid!

Just once I would like to collect all of THEIR dog crap and dump in onto THEIR front door step so when they come out the door and not looking down, well you get the picture.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:21 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAILERKING
How do you figure that?
?........it is probably a better example of poor CG management. "Where".... was the CG when all of this was taking place...."Why".....has the site not been properly cleaned prior to your arrival...."What".... did the CG offer to do or " how" did they compensate you for the unacceptable condition of your site.....or did they simply shrug their shoulders and blame it someone else?

Prior to checking-in to a hotel room.....If the previous occupant trashes the hotel room & leaves it it filthy..... We can agree that these people are unacceptable & irresponsible.....but .....do we give the hotel management a "free pass" for not cleaning the room prior to charging us for the room?
Jack1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:40 PM   #14

I have pets and always pick up after them. But, I don't expect peoples kids at the park to not have fun. I expect them to not come into my site uninvited but, if there running around during day light hours I don't care. There kids for heavens sake. I also don't care about the occasional unmuffled bike or ATV as long as it's before quiet hours and driven safely where the kids are at. I do drink at the park and sometimes my friends get a little loud but, this is before quiet hours and in mine or there campsite in such a way as to not disturb others.
Caveman CBB is offline   Reply With Quote