Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-31-2015, 08:07 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel s View Post
dakota pete We have friends that use a Flame Genie pellet fire pit: http://www.amazon.com/Flame-Genie-Fi.../dp/B00CYGISZW BTW, they say hardwood pellets work better than softwood. Mel '96 Safari
I have a Flame Genie and it's amazing how much heat and flames it produces with little or no smoke. The pellets cost a little more than cut firewood but it is very convenient. I carry the pellets in a five gallon bucket with a lid.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2015, 08:30 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
I have the big red campfire by Camco. Works great when you can't make a wood fire. On Amazon it is much less expensive than some of the other similar units and works just as well. It is compact and stores neatly in it's own metal lid that works as a stand as well. I would highly recommend it. Great for toasting marshmellows.
Old 03-31-2015, 08:36 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
X-2

Love it! I even bought some small fake wood logs and pine cones to use on top of the lava rocks that came with it. It looks so real that people think I am actually burning wood.

Garden Treasures 18.5-in W 54,000-BTU Bronze Portable Steel Propane Gas Fire Pit.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
I'm going to have to try the fake wood logs and pine cones, that would make it perfect. Thanks Mike
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 08:40 PM   #18

Quote:
X-2

Love it! I even bought some small fake wood logs and pine cones to use on top of the lava rocks that came with it. It looks so real that people think I am actually burning wood.

Garden Treasures 18.5-in W 54,000-BTU Bronze Portable Steel Propane Gas Fire Pit.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Best $99 I've spent on our camper. Sits in the storage bay, pops out in 5 min and there's a fire. Let it cool down for 20 min or so and back in the bay it goes. I think the rocks throw off a lot of heat, but I'll bet those fake logs make it better. Love a real wood campfire but this sure comes a close 2nd
Old 04-01-2015, 07:26 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike and Cha View Post

I'm going to have to try the fake wood logs and pine cones, that would make it perfect. Thanks Mike
I purchased the Moda Flame 9 PC Petite Ceramic Wood Fireplace Log Set on Amazon for about $25.

There are many choices and prices to choose from but my decision was based on size of the pieces and the cost.

I removed some of the rocks and replaced them with the logs and pine cones.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 11:11 AM   #20

our fire pit

Propane, 50,000 btu, Lowes, $299
Old 04-24-2015, 08:41 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike and Cha View Post
We bought ours at Lowes on sale for $99. It is bigger than the campfire in a can, and it puts out a lot of heat. We have never had it past the half way point as then you have to move back, it has holes in the side of the dish to disperse the heat. It comes with a lid that attaches with a half turn for easier storage. It fits perfectly in our storage bay. Ours looks so nice we don't cook anything over it as we don't want to get it messy. But it is a really nice fire without all the smoke. The propane usage is less than what you would spend on a wood fire.
After reading this thread I decided to go to Lowes and pick up this unit. We love it. Only used it on the patio twice so far but there have been many times that while camping we just wanted to sit around a campfire for a little bit and not have to hassle chopping wood and getting the fire to get going. Also, my wife has sensitive eyes so she can never really sit and enjoy the real fire because smoke seems to always find her, and me. This fire pit is great, looks good and puts out good heat in minutes.
Old 04-24-2015, 09:35 AM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by djbmsu View Post

Propane, 50,000 btu, Lowes, $299
I hope that figure was due to Phat Fingers otherwise you got ripped off at whatever Lowe's wen to.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 10:59 AM   #23

Quote:
I hope that figure was due to Phat Fingers otherwise you got ripped off at whatever Lowe's wen to.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
I thought the same thing when I read his post. I paid $99 for it, that is the normal price.