RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-20-2018, 05:56 PM   #29
tcg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Lee View Post
50 people having to be tolerant just because 1 person is inconsiderate makes far less sense though.
Maybe those fifty people should go buy their own campground and make their own rules.

Or maybe they could politely go over and talk to the 1 person, maybe offer them a cool beverage and ask them if they would consider dousing the fire for the good of the fifty.

Or just go online and complain without interacting with their fellow campers.

tcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-20-2018, 05:57 PM   #30
NRR

Solo Rvers Club
Anyone that has tent camped knows a campfire is for cooking first. Then a pleasant way to spend an evening.

Having typed that there are times a camp fire is not necessary or wanted. Ever since the Colman stove camp fires became optional some times. If you have been acclimated to real cold weather in modern times. The last thing you want is a campfire. It gives you a false sense of warmth. You should be wearing the right clothes to keep you warm first.

Now days a large number of folks do not realize what a campfire is for and think they are smart burning everything as their Daddy did. . There was a time that it was reasonable to do that. Before plastics came into the picture.

If I see folks having a great time around a campfire that does not smell bad I smile. Even if it is smoky. They may learn how to make a better fire.

NRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 06:15 PM   #31

Future Mrs. goreds2 and I always kind of snicker when campfires are active at 90+ degrees. The campers paid for their spot so they have that right to do so.
goreds2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 06:18 PM   #32

life and getting along

Been places where neighbors were a PIA ( not just camping but at S&B too)! We have a fire pretty often but we use a Flame Genie which we bring along. It uses wood pellets so no worry about green or sappy wood smoking up the joint and most places will allow it when they ban ground fires consider it the same a charcoal grill. Very controllable and compact. Propane fire pit is nice too. Brings back memories of my 3 boys going through Boy Scouts getting their Eagle Badge each and every one. Good Times

Like the saying goes If you can't stand the Heat (smoke) get out of the kitchen. LOL
ajsfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 07:37 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Steve View Post
I've never understood folks who insist others have to change or cease their legal behavior just because they don't like it, just makes no sense at all.
I don't think there's one single post in this thread that suggests that "others have to change or cease their legal behavior just because they don't like it".

I kind of wonder why you would even make that comment.
Old 06-20-2018, 08:49 PM   #34
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Folks, discuss the issue & stop the sniping & personal attacks as it's against our Community Rules:
Quote:
Be Courteous!
Please think before you post and keep your comments limited to the topic at hand; above all be nice.
Thank you,
Lori-
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 08:52 PM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfoldesi View Post
Love our propane fire pit. Can even use it during burn bans.
I agree easy to store and very clean, you still get a great experience sitting around it, Regards
Old 06-20-2018, 08:54 PM   #36

How do you do Smores without a campfire?

Gary, Maxwell and the Beanie Weenie.
2002 Newmar Kountry Star. Cummins ISB 24 valve
2017 Mazda Miata MX-5 toad on a double axle car hauling trailer
tizzyfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 08:58 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvadventure View Post
I agree easy to store and very clean, you still get a great experience sitting around it, Regards
And during burn ban get to make lots of new friends. Last year met a couple from Japan. Going to visit them in the fall.
jfoldesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 09:09 PM   #38

I do not mind a Clean Burning camp fire with little smoke, but the idiots who spend hours trying to create a fire with wet wood and only manage to fill up the air with smoke should be dragged slowly through a real fire....
Yellowstone Lake 6-1-2012
bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 09:21 PM   #39

Camping and campfires go together for us and any of our friends that I can think of off the top of my head. It's never 90 degrees here in the evening either, rarely that warm during the day for that matter.

Sitting around the campfire is a great way to socialize.
Old 06-20-2018, 09:32 PM   #40

Campfires is old fashion. So, please don't say anything about me overnighting at Walmart.
Cloud Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 05:33 AM   #41

Same thing when I was at myrtle beach last week. A campfire at the hot beach, are you freaking kidding me.
Old 06-21-2018, 05:41 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimoskeeto View Post
Hi, we are in South Carolina now,it is 95 degrees right now! If you can believe it people around us have smoldering campfires,not cooking campfires just fires! Very high humidity so the smoke hugs the ground! Have job related asthma and cannot even go out to enjoy the outdoors because of these (campers)! Why canít campgrounds have no fires areas,yes I know you canít control the winds,but it would be better than sitting in smoke!
Wheels on the Bus song works Here!

Just Saying,

Busskipper is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
fire