Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-06-2018, 07:29 AM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizeye View Post
Similar...but I keep reminding my wife of this. Camping, Saturday evening of Easter weekend and everyone gathered around the campfire. Suddenly in the woods nearby was a loud clacking sound...then silence. People were saying "What's that!?" My wife suggested that an alligator ate the Easter bunny, not realizing there were kids in the group around the campfire. Suddenly, there was a chorus of "Mommmmeeee" and the parents were a bit perturbed as they consoled their children.
I harvested a nice 9 point buck in PA in my younger days. After Thanksgiving he was brought to the living room and very red lipstick put on his nose. Kept many kids away...… and their parents for a more pleasant holiday.
Captn John is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2018, 07:38 AM   #86

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Carolina Campers
Camping isn't camping without a campfire. If campfires bother you as an RV'er you might want to try going on cruise or something as a hobby. I'm going to burn a campfire!!
Old 07-06-2018, 07:47 AM   #87

Another i's all about me..... thanks
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 07:52 AM   #88
tcg

90 last night, I made a small fire to cook dinner and then went to bed with my wife and cat in the air conditioned rv.

We were surrounded by campers of all sorts. Most had fires all evening and appeared to be having the time of their life. Good for them.

This morning, the humidity is gone and it's a cool 62 degrees. Perfect weather for bacon and eggs on a fire.

The only problem is the couple sites that have used several gallons of lighter fluid or kerosene and while I enjoy the smell of a good fire the kerosene smell has got to go.

I think I'll have a seminar on how to start a fire. It would be helpful if the campground wasn't selling wet wood.
tcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 08:38 AM   #89

Vasilen and cotton balls!
A32Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 08:47 AM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by A32Deuce View Post
Vasilen and cotton balls!
Close drier lint and old candle wax in an egg carton
Old 07-06-2018, 08:48 AM   #91

I start them the old fashioned Scout way!
A32Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 08:54 AM   #92

I opened the door to our 5ver the other day, I could smell the smoke from last months campfires at the beach. LOVE THAT SMELL
2004 Montana 2955RL, 400 watt solar, 2000 watt inverter/charger, 4-Interstate 225AH 6volt golf cart batteries, All LED lights,Champion Remote start 3- fuel option 3100/3400 inverter/gen.- 2000 F-350 7.3 4x4 long bed crew cab SRW.
weredoingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 08:56 AM   #93

Camping includes campfires.

Unfortunately, it does not include a campfire training session and license to operate campfires. Or the common sense not to build a *bonfire* with *green* wood soaked in lighter fluid, instead of a campfire.
Old 07-06-2018, 05:47 PM   #94

Really?

Complaining about campfires at a campground.....while camping? Really? Maybe you should change your hobby to knitting or macromay. I’ll build a campfire if its 100 outside, its never to hot for s’mores. As my dad says....some people would complain if you hung them with a new rope...lol
BDLnKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 05:59 PM   #95

I too have asthma and campfires force me inside instead of enjoying the outdoors that we LOVE and came to enjoy. I would never impose on anyone to stop them from having fires.
However, having said that it seems to me that Gumpster808 would go out of his way to make someone ill and take pleasure in it. Maybe, just maybe we want to stay and enjoy the same places YOU enjoy. I truly hope you can see fit to understand that some of us don't enjoy the health you and your family do. That we may only have limited time to see the sights you would deprive us of because you want to light off a smoker to annoy an ill person. Nice guy!
Jeanne M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 06:24 PM   #96

Murphy's Law, where you place your chair the smoke will go to you. If you stay in a campground where fires are permitted and do not like them, your neighbor will start one and it will find you.
motojavaphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 06:37 PM   #97

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanne M. View Post
I too have asthma and campfires force me inside instead of enjoying the outdoors that we LOVE and came to enjoy. I would never impose on anyone to stop them from having fires.
However, having said that it seems to me that Gumpster808 would go out of his way to make someone ill and take pleasure in it. Maybe, just maybe we want to stay and enjoy the same places YOU enjoy. I truly hope you can see fit to understand that some of us don't enjoy the health you and your family do. That we may only have limited time to see the sights you would deprive us of because you want to light off a smoker to annoy an ill person. Nice guy!

Find campgrounds that don't allow fires in them them....
Old 07-06-2018, 07:35 PM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderson2228 View Post
Find campgrounds that don't allow fires in them them....
Yes yes yes...you've all said 'go somewhere else.' You just don't get it...why is it your only answer is for folks like me to go somewhere else? I like the same places as you do. I said before, I would never impose on anyone, but would it hurt you to consider that some people, who like the same places as you do, don't have the health to sit in smoke all the time. Just think about it...please?
Jeanne M. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fire