Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-02-2019, 06:36 PM   #1

Campground Bathrooms

Why do so many Rvers use the campground facilities instead of using there own rig???We are fulltimers and much prefer to use our own.
cdigger67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-02-2019, 06:42 PM   #2

Maybe they have small capacity waste tanks

Maybe there is more then 1-2 wanting to shower

Maybe they are trying to get ready at same time to go somewhere

Maybe they ----------oh who cares?
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 06:49 PM   #3

I use the CG showers to cook my aching joints with unlimited hot water.

Don't stem up the RV that way.
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 06:49 PM   #4

I know people who don't like to poop in their RVs. Personally, I believe that's why we have black water tanks. If the campground has good showers, I find it easier to shower there instead of in the RV since I'm a pretty big guy.
BCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 07:26 PM   #5

I purchased our rv because I know who has slept in my bed. I take a bath and go to restroom in motorhome cause I know it’s clean. I do know people that will not use the restroom at all in camper.
Old 10-02-2019, 07:38 PM   #6

I, too, like the hot water soak of an extended shower and that's not gonna happen in my little Class C. As for toilet facilities - use before showering. I'm not likely to contract an illness in the 5 minutes between using the facilities and scrubbing down with soap and water. Some of you may have greater sensitivity to contact-born illness than me or have more delicate sensibilities, so do what you think is best for your situation.

As for the bed... I'm picky about the support my mattress gives my aching back so I replaced it after buying my RV. That someone else had slept on the original wasn't as big a deal as pain-free sleeping offered by the right mattress.
Old 10-02-2019, 07:39 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I know people that don’t use there own facilities but I also have used a campground shower when no sewer connection was available.

Personally my shower is bigger than the campground showers I have been in.

Never usually look at the facilities because I don’t care what they have. That I why I bought my MH and trailers before that .

Terry
96Bounder1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 08:33 PM   #8

We use campground showers because 4 of us can shower at one time.
Gigattime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 08:45 PM   #9

I use campground showers.

Our shower area in the RV is small and the curtain would cling to you. The shower area is more useful as a place for laundry totes(dirty clothes). You can shower most anywhere with the use of flip flops. I keep my hair short and can wash it in my BR if necessary. We use a bucket for all our shower supplies. Love my ADA height toilet in the RV. Most of the time we do weekends and our tank capacities are more than enough for us.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 08:52 PM   #10

We are "no poop in the tank" people (blame my wife). It makes packing up that much easier. But we pick campgrounds with good bathrooms that are close. Also forces me to get some exercise. We are looking at an RV lot purchase and leaving our RV there during the summer. This would change our "rule".

As to showers, in our older class C, the shower was so small that if the CG had a nice shower we used it. Our current TT has a roomy bathroom and a nice shower. Now we prefer using ours. Never had an issue with the hot water, but there are only 2 of us and we take back to back showers.
jlechmanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 09:03 PM   #11

The DW uses our motorhome bathroom almost exclusively. I am 6'6" and 230 pounds, for me the campground facilities are more comfortable and the short walk or bike ride is enjoyable. If it's rainy or late....convenience wins.
Old 10-02-2019, 09:05 PM   #12
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
When we use to have a propane powered water heater, I would occasionally do the same as "twinboat" and use the campground shower to soak for awhile in hot water.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 09:13 PM   #13

Mid Atlantic Campers
We have a small trailer that only has an outdoor shower. We also have an indoor cassette toilet but we decided to only do #1 so things are easier to clean. It's nice having the toilet in the middle of the night but we use the cg one during the day.
sandushinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 09:25 PM   #14

Long, hot, showers, unless they have those needle showers where the water gets cold before it hits you. Never have understood those. But really it boils down to personal choice.
arcaguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campground