Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 01-26-2014, 10:30 PM   #15
Fleetwood Owners Club
I had this happen this past summer. Finally I sat under the awning reading a book, waited for one of the kids, not the adults. As soon as one of the kids cut through I introduced my self asked if I could help them. They said no, I asked them if they were lost as they were in my campsite. The kid said no he was going to the restroom. I them explained about cutting through and why it was against the rules. He walked around on his way back, and not one more cut through the whole week. I figured if I stopped one of the kids, the adults would ask the kid why I stopped them and word would get around, and it did. They even waved a few times when they walked around.

2007 Fleetwood Excursion 40E
2007 Chev Classic CC LB D/A - Toad
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited - Backup Toad
UsualSuspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-26-2014, 11:44 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I dont understand making up stories to explain the rules. Just tell them straight out but in a friendly manner, please stay out of my campsite. Why beat around the bush?

2014 Fleetwood Bounder 35k
mojoracing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 11:59 PM   #17
Hello guess there is no shots for being stupid. Its my campsite at the time I am staying there and I would tell them to walk around.I am 68 and I can tell them that about the rudness of walking thought a campsite,if they don't get the picture I sure the camp ground host can show them the rules. I am a pleasent fellow but don't put up with BS.I tell it like it is if they don't like it too bad they can move on .
2005 Beaver Patroit Thunder 42' Vicksburg Quid Slide.
Diesel Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 04:40 AM   #18
We have camped many many years starting with a small pup tent. I have never experienced any of this, or it was not bad enough to be a problem. If I ever have that problem I will confront it quickly by saying I prefer them to walk around. At the same time, we always ask for sites away from bath areas leaving the ones closer for campers who require bath house use.
Regwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 05:03 AM   #19
Originally Posted by Dog Folks View Post
You can try to "block" the natural walking pattern through your site with chairs or a vehicle.

Ask politely: " Would you please walk around rather than through our site?"

The most important thing is to never park between other sites and a rest room or playground again.

this was also my thought and is very non conferntational. I would try this first then if that did not work the mouth would get it done
rbpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 05:49 AM   #20

We have only encountered it one time while we were camping with our son and another couple. The kids little kids (under 6) who were staying in a cabin next to my son's site kept coming over to see the dogs of which initially was fine but then they unplugged my sons electric and turned off our water when we were out for a walk.! It took my son all of 2 minutes to inform the parents of the incidents and asked them to keep a closer eye on their children for safety reasons. Problem solved...
Brian and Kim VanBuskirk
2008 Damon Tuscany 40 DP
Tow: 20" Trailer with Classic C3 Corvettes
Car Dolly: Mini Cooper Clubman
vanbuskirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 06:07 AM   #21
Originally Posted by mojoracing View Post
I dont understand making up stories to explain the rules. Just tell them straight out but in a friendly manner, please stay out of my campsite. Why beat around the bush?
I agree completely, and forget the candy coating. no use wasting time. patience is procrastination of the inevitable.
laj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 06:16 AM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We do not have a problem telling both children as well as adults to not walk through our site. If the parents do not like having their kids corrected, they need to become parents and teach the kids.

Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|Full-Time! - 2012 6.7L Ford Crew Cab Dually -2013 HitchHiker Champagne 38RLRSB - Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 06:25 AM   #23
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
We do not have a problem telling both children as well as adults to not walk through our site. If the parents do not like having their kids corrected, they need to become parents and teach the kids.

I agree but the only problem is you can't teach what you don't know, or care about.
laj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 06:35 AM   #24
Winnebago Owners Club
Being a good neighbor is good at home and in the camp ground as well. Explaining the rules is not exactly your dept. It is the rules of the camp ground and should be enforced by them. Explaining it in a friendly manner may be the first step but the second should be to the management.
Luckiest Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 06:40 AM   #25
Only happened once, but we asked if the group if they'd cut through a stranger's yard on the way to the store just because their gate was open. They looked surprised & said no. That's when we educated them on campground etiquette. Don't think people do it intentionally, just think they don't understand. Of they continued walking through the site, then the discussion would escalate appropriately.
Paul & Martha
Live so you can say "remember when" not "I wish I had".
Easy Living is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 06:44 AM   #26
Monaco Owners Club
Recently we were guests at the campground of a major repair facility. Another coach was in the site directly behind ours and our site was was in a direct line between theirs and the dumpster. There is no age limit or experience level when it comes to rudeness. This gentleman was in his late 70s and appeared to get around very well. He also displayed a plaque on the rear of his coach indicating the he was a past president of a highly regarded RVing club. Yet, everyday he walked through our site on his way to the dumpster and back again without so much as a, "Hello", "How ya doing" or "Up your nose" to us. Evidently he felt that because this wasn't a campground in the conventional sense, that rules of etiquette didn't apply.
Craig & Donna
2005 Beaver Monterey Laguna IV (aka The Hotel Monterey)
2011 Jeep Liberty Limited
Craig_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 06:56 AM   #27

I've noticed more and more of this happening over the years.

I had set up my campsite and left to go on a morning hike ... when I returned, there were several families playing soccer (adults & kids) with people sitting on my picnic table right beside my trailer. I guess they didn't see the trailer 4 feet away as an indication that the site was occupied.

I didn't say a word to the woman that still sat at my table as I started bringing out my BBQ and placing it on the table. As I started to cook my lunch, at my site, she asked "don't you like soccer?" I said "yes, but not in my site ... I come up here for peace and quiet not to watch you playing soccer." Shortly, they moved ... and I complained to the campground staff and moved to a different site.

When adults behave like kids, I always go to the campground staff to talk to them - that's part of their job!

Wonder how they would've felt if I had walked through their own campsites?? I have a pretty good idea!
scubastevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 07:36 AM   #28
Coastal Campers
Grab your chairs and set up on their campsite under their awning. When they want to know why you are there, just tell them since they like walking through your camp site so much, you thought you would try theirs to see if you liked it better and might want to trade. Then again, I doubt if they would get it.

Thor Four Winds 22e
nosticks is offline   Reply With Quote