Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-16-2011, 07:25 PM   #113

Quote:
I love to hear a beagle sing.
Me to.
Monacoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-16-2011, 07:43 PM   #114

How about people and camp fires almost under your slide talking and the smoke it could not have rain at a better time.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:56 PM   #115

Thor Owners Club
Our beagle is perfect ...#1 on my list is other's doggies, doggie do...And this and that and the other stuff....but doggie do, just gets under my feet......This life is still the best..even when it's a pain
...D....>
Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Dixieray53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 10:53 PM   #116

WOW...9 pages of reading all of your issues and complaints! I have a renewed sense of tolerance with fellow camper's/RV'ers after browsing through this "think tank". I never, in my 40+ years of camping/rv'ing have experienced half of what has been spewed all over these 9 pages and the other half I may have experienced, was never so BAD that I had to waste others time with listening to me whine about it. Carry on...dont stop bashing kids, dogs, dog poop, music, generators, diesel's running, late night arrivals, smoking, parents, camp fires, sewer hoses, camp site walk through's, long hair hippie types, blackes, whites, yellow and green.

Ive said all along, not only in this forum, but other forums as well....the majority of those that frequent this or any forum, arent the ones causing so many here ulcer's, so in essence, when you read all these complaints, your complaining to the choir..IMHO. It all comes down to consideration and Tolerance...be it the complainer or the offender!
Old 02-17-2011, 02:08 PM   #117

Monaco Owners Club
Most would settle for a little "COMMON COURTESY". Just say'n. Bob

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 02:43 PM   #118

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
How about multi talented dogs such as this Dog plays the piano and sings along. [VIDEO]
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 02:49 PM   #119

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
How about multi talented dogs such as this Dog plays the piano and sings along. [VIDEO]
Now THERE'S something you don't see every day!

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:01 PM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by scenic route View Post
Most would settle for a little "COMMON COURTESY". Just say'n. Bob
That will work too! Its a wonder some have any fun RV'ing
Old 02-17-2011, 03:40 PM   #121

My parents had a neighbor who had two dogs. Though they were fenced they always seemed to get out while the wife was at work and the husband asleep. My father, the dutiful neighbor, when this happened would go up to our bank and tell the women. They were also barkers. As my father lay dying of cancer in the livingroom, he murmured under his breath "There go those dogs." I went down to the home, knocked on the door for a considerable time and got no answer. The guy was a Deputy Sheriff and his cruiser was in the drive. As I walked back to my parents home all I could think was he better had not been not answering the door because he knew why I was there. Then I thought of the words our instructor said to us at the Police academy during jail training. Respect your house and respect your neigbors because you wear the badge.
sadiebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 04:43 PM   #122

Wow, there this post is loaded with so many valid responses. How will we get this out to the rest of society.....'cause we're all angels here on this forum, right.
No really thank you Chuck & Mary for starting this post and everyone else for your posts. This has made for some very entertaining reading but more importantly if anyone can take something home from here and "change the way they do or don't do things" it may be progress (the pay it forward type of idea). We are all out here for a good time, not a long time (I know I'm beginning to sound like the band "Trooper") so let's all think about our actions and not let our "good times" necessarily infringe on others who are having just as "good a time" in there own fashion. Keep the posts coming this is just great reading and thanx again for the post.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:08 PM   #123

At Bed Bath and Beyond, we purchased a "noise machine" for about $20, and used it every night in our RV. You have a choice of "white noise" sounds - I like "rain"- but there are 6 or 7 different ones - and you can adjust the level of sound.

Drowns out all but the very loudest noise from outside. We never even heard the folks in the next site leave early one morning though we did hear the other neighbors complain about how much noise they made when they left. and we are both very light sleepers.

Doesn't excuse rudeness, but it helps cope with it.
begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:51 PM   #124
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by begete View Post
At Bed Bath and Beyond, we purchased a "noise machine" for about $20, and used it every night in our RV. You have a choice of "white noise" sounds - I like "rain"- but there are 6 or 7 different ones - and you can adjust the level of sound.

Drowns out all but the very loudest noise from outside. We never even heard the folks in the next site leave early one morning though we did hear the other neighbors complain about how much noise they made when they left. and we are both very light sleepers.

Doesn't excuse rudeness, but it helps cope with it.
Do you happen to know if they have one that sounds like a diesel truck, that works for me
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:29 AM   #125

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We camp once a month at Leo Carillo State Beach. There is always partying going on. I have to admit that I do enjoy hearing people having a good time. Just as long as they are not invading my space, which they never have. It's the same at home. If someone in the neigborhood is having a party, I will open the window when I go to bed so that I can hear them. Campfires, laughing, singing, drinking, into the wee hours is what you get camping in a campground that is open to all ages. I hope I never get so old that I look forward to camping with a bunch of old farts talking about their meds and latest operation and the good old days.
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:01 AM   #126
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck 1935 View Post
I hope I never get so old that I look forward to camping with a bunch of old farts talking about their meds and latest operation and the good old days.
You got that right
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote