Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-22-2011, 06:36 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Campground Etiquette

We are currently in a upscale 55+ RV park in SW Florida. Have been coming here for 5 years and this year we are seeing some activity that we consider rude behavior. Most, if not all campers here are here for the winter months. We have seen a increase in the number of folks that think nothing of walking through our spot, tripping over our sewer lines, kicking out our cable connection, etc and slamming doors at 7 AM getting out golf clubs.
Just me, or do others consider these actions rude? We will be interested to hear your responses.
Our Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2011, 06:43 PM   #2

AH - the uncontrolled kids and dogs, and oblivious/unconcerned owners and parents who themselves are equally indifferent to their environment and those around them...

NAHHhhhh - surely no other RVing readers have experienced this...
Gary - K7GLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 06:47 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
I guess even the 55+ crowd can be rude . It all goes back to no respect for others. Unfortunately, a growing state I don't see changing.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 06:58 PM   #4

Freightliner Owners Club
It's definitely the upscale golfers. No one is awake/sober in a 'low scale' campground at 7am!
RVing for 20 years & 200,000+ miles
RVThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 07:02 PM   #5

Cutting through site > a bit rude, tripping on sewer rude tripping on cable rude....... car doors at 7 am I can live with,,,, 6 am would be rude for me....
Monacoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 07:17 PM   #6

It's amazing how or what people think. We were in a campground last year and some clown next to us was spitting wood well into the wee morning hours. We thought each time this has got to be the last when they stopped but sure enough about an hour later, you just when you're dozing off and wack, wack, wack. So I made a point of getting up quite early to see that they were sleeping in and well sometimes I can't resist to start the generator for the morning coffee. I even repointed the generator over towards their campsite. Just so you don't pass judgement onto me we were in a spot where only our two campsites would have been affected by the generator. I am amazed by peoples lack of respect time after time. I don't think I would respond too well though to folks tripping over my sewer lines and using our campsite for a shortcut. I don't know what can be done as even when these people (clowns) are approached in person they all seem to have that "deer in the headlights" look, they are just blank! Sorry that's my 2 bits worth on this.
SlyFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 07:23 PM   #7

Rude and inconsiderate people suck.
heypilch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 07:25 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Rude, rude, rude. Yes, yes, yes.

We've been here west of Phoenix for nearly two months now and we're filling up with snowbirds. Everyone's great except this one couple... 20 something... who are longer termers here and are used to walking from their trailer... through vacant sites, to the showers.

Now that we're filling up they act as though they don't notice and just keep walking in a straight line from their site to the showers... right through whichever site seems to have the least activities. The kids are actually pretty well mannered.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 07:34 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
My personal favorite is when a fellow camper stopped to talk to us from the site road while 'walking' Spot on one of those looong reel leashes. We were eating at the picnic table and he allowed Spot to favored us with 'pile' right next to our table. After Spot's celebratory paw wiping, I gave the owner one of my best 'WTH' looks, his response was "Spot must LIKE you". I immediately turn to the DW and loud enough for him to hear, said..."does your burger smell as bad as mine"? For some reason he got all huffy, left and forgot to remove said 'gift'. Before he and Spot got out of ear shot I thanked him and without turning around he raised his free hand and indicated what he thought my maturity level (on a scale of one to ten) was. Jeez, some people just can't take a 'back door' joke very well... Bob

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 08:29 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

I've got two words for you....

Justifiable Homicide.

There's not a court in the land.....

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 08:49 PM   #11

The walking through others sites is on a definite increaes. A few years ago we actually had a group cutting through our site and actually moved our chairs and other things out of their way to make the passes through easier for them. This is not only happening in only upscale RV parks, had it happen in Rainbows end a couple years ago as well.
Larry
'13 Ram Laramie 3500, Aisin auto,4:10, Reese adapter and 20K hitch, '10 HitchHiker 36LKRSB
Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 08:59 PM   #12
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
More than once, I've said to kids cutting through our site "You DO know, it's rude to cut through occupied sites, don't you?". All I get are blank stares & eye rolling. Once, one kid actually walked right under our awning, tripped over a tie-down line & then looked back at me (sitting at the picnic table) as if it was MY fault!

Lori-
Old 01-22-2011, 09:19 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
I do not have any issue with correcting rude behavior from adult or kid campers. No excuse fro the behavior form a lot of campers.

ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 09:23 PM   #14
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
I wonder, do people with german sheperds, dobies, rotties or other big intimidating-looking dogs sitting outside have the same issue?

Lori-