Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-21-2012, 06:17 PM   #29

Newmar Owners Club
Always treat and talk to others like you want to be treated........ I am afraid he would of had his hands full here and his daughter would of never got a chance, owner or not mistake made or not? ....talk and be nice and I will correct the mistake I have made if I can but no one has to put up with shooting and yelling like that. That place is on my "not to go "list
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2012, 06:17 PM   #30

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
burfurd;

I live in a pretty ruff part of town so carring mace is a must(along with other items which i won't mention here,needless to say cripple guy can PROTECT himself and Family while traveling). I had several options available but this guy has got to be in his late 70's . I would have felt bad killing him with a heart attack or anerisuim. Plus I think my Daughter learned a VALUEABLE life lesson on walking away. So I think it was handled best except for the waste gas driving it home DW is still on me about it.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:19 PM   #31

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by burfurd View Post
I suppose a private campground could ban scooters, even legally licensed ones, but I would be of the opinion that if it is licensed for the road/highway, it should be legal to drive anywhere.
burfurd
X2. If it was legally licensed, a LEO would've had to tell me I couldn't ride it.

We have ATVs and it irritates me I can't ride them in the campgrounds, but I understand why. But a 49cc scooter ?? I don't think so.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:27 PM   #32
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conquest102 View Post
Francesca; The only rule is 10mph if they choose to enforce it I have seen the owner come racing by my site in his mule going WAY past 10 mph on more than one instance.
You said he told you that you were speeding. Were you? In any event, he had no business yelling at you. Sounds like other campers might have complained to him, which set him off. Sorry it spoiled your trip. I certainly would never return to anyplace where anyone yelled at me.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:15 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl View Post
Well, somebody obviously complained, and complained loud and hard, in order to get them so riled up.

I would have asked for some clarification.
Somebody with a lot more money than you, obviously.

I have a Segway X2 capable of 12.5 mph. In CA, and most states, they are called a Electric Personal Assistive Mobility Devices. Same rights as an electric wheelchair. Would he have had a hissy about that?

What if you were just going up to the local 7-11 for chips? Street legal should be able to do that. Do they allow full size motorcycles?

Old 10-21-2012, 07:24 PM   #34

Conquest,, I'll also say you did the right thing... Would I do that ?? I'm honestly not sure.. Being a carry permit holder has nothing to do with a non-lethal situation,, BUT,, I would really have to weigh (in a second) the ??? of breaking the idiots nose and watching him bleed, and possibly going to jail for that.. You again are doing (have done) the correct thing,, act like an adult,, and Spread the word about their campground... I learned a long time ago,, although it's hard to remember some times, that when people want to make you mad,,, Laugh at them and go on... They will get even madder, and you are away and ok... Post your experience Everywhere you can think of !!! Good job... Dad...
Monkey
Old 10-21-2012, 07:29 PM   #35

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
SarahW;
I doubt the 49cc could really go that fast considering the load me 250lbs and daughter 120lbs its only rated for something like 225lbs I believe. I don't think I was speeding I had golfcarts passing me. Of course they are permanent campers so I would not rank higher than them so it does sound like MONEY was the issue.

Yes for REAL motorcycles I have seen several BIG bikes there.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:36 PM   #36

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Monkey;

I do think you are correct about the wanting to start something and since he only got a POLITE response he went to the riding kids around. I let that go to he seemed even MADDER so maybe he did want an excuse to kick me out that night but I wasn't playing their game. That's OK I get to WIN in the end NOW everbody knows he is either CRAZY or just wacked out either way folks won't want to be around that so he will SUFFER where it will hurt the worst in the $$$$$ flow. Maybe he can turn it back into a PIG FARM again.lol
Old 10-21-2012, 07:40 PM   #37

Fleetwood Owners Club
That is very odd and unfair to you. We have stayed at that campground many times and never ever had a problem.And when we take the kids and their friends(7 large toyhaulers) and 12 kids under 9 years old, 8 golf carts Jacked up and everything else,Pretty loud crowd sometime, was never scolded. Matter of fact when we call for reservations they say your bringin everybody aren't ya? Where if I may ask did you find the scooter friendly campground ? Always looking for new spots.Sorry for your bad experience and I will try to find out why they treated you that way next time,but we love it.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:57 PM   #38
laj

Well nice their phone # was posted. How do you think they will react with oh say about 1000 phone calls saying wont camp their because of this specific incident?
I'd of taken that little finger and made a pretzel out of it.
Then gone and had my steak dinner!
Old 10-21-2012, 08:42 PM   #39

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
tbwit;

We have been going here for the past 6 years NEVER had any trouble like this. Even when our special needs son went into the woman's restroom by mistake. They came and asked my wife about it and she explained he just wasn't paying attention it was fine. So this totally blew me away needless to say we will NEVER go back.

The new site is Condit's Ranch AWESOME sites they can hold 60' worth of toys. They are like 4 of Kentucks sites wide as well only 35 a night no nickel and dime for AC. Place is HUGE I logged about 25 miles just driving around on Ruckus. Only drawback is most of the roads are gravel so it did get a little dusty but the hose at home fixed that.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:11 PM   #40

Fleetwood Owners Club
If that's the one over by Henry Il, been there liked that one also. I like the ones that are not real fancy and the other rv'rs don't have a attitude. We got are rv to have FUN with the kids and grandkids!! Maybe we will run into ya next season. Have fun!
Old 10-21-2012, 09:48 PM   #41

Monaco Owners Club
With all due respect to the OP there are two sides to every story and we only have one.

The campground owner and daughter have been judged and found guilty in the court of IRV2 without hearing their side of the story.

I check reviews of campgrounds to see what people say about the facilities. Personal comments against campground owners I take with a grain of salt because I am only hearing one side of the story.

Boycott if you want but is that really fair?
Old 10-21-2012, 10:02 PM   #42

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Maybe he just went inZane that day.
Closed Thread

Tags
campground