Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-21-2012, 10:08 PM   #43

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgetown350; Point taken. However how would you like an owner yelling at you putting his finger in your face. No matter what reason he thinks he had for his actions this was a VERY POOR example of how to treat a paying customer. I could have been talked to like a person and with respect. Not yelled at like some dog who peeped on the carpet. Thats my biggest issue this owner has proven to be a loose cannon. There were 186 kids in the costume contest this weekend what if he had decided to snap on one of them instead of me.

I don't care how nice his CG is if I have to worry about him snapping at the drop of a hat my Kids won't be anywhere near that. My daughter was almost in tears after she sat behind me and heard ALL of this. She saw the same look in his eyes that I did it was not NORMAL.

Sure if I made a mistake let me know and I will not do again. You don't have to terrorize my daughter in the process.

I will make sure it is known there is something not quite right just under the surface and NOT sure what brought it out but will not be around to see it happen again.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2012, 10:22 PM   #44

Fleetwood Owners Club
I think scooters have a bad rap as folks drove 2 cycle versions around that are very loud. ( I know the example here is the quieter 4 cycle version). Those versions make for an unenjoyable experience for fellow campers. You may also be the victim of a camper there days before that soured the owners.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:40 PM   #45

Congratulations on your cool. I truly admire that.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:51 PM   #46

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by burfurd View Post
I suppose a private campground could ban scooters, even legally licensed ones, but I would be of the opinion that if it is licensed for the road/highway, it should be legal to drive anywhere.
Private campground can make their own rules, you break them and they can throw you out. Doesn't matter if the vehicle is street legal or not, you're on private property.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:24 PM   #47

Thor Owners Club
Go back in a couple of weeks on your own and see if you two can sort things out. Everyone has a bad day and who knows maybe theres something else goin on with the old timer. A lot of times if you take a breath, let things slow down and then get back to it things work out. These days people are gonna never talk to each other, punch each other out, yell at each other for years. Just take the time to later go back and have a quiet word. I'd bet you'd get an apology. Try it.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:20 AM   #48

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAILERKING View Post
Maybe he just went inZane that day.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:59 AM   #49

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
fred1609;

That's a nice thought however you didn't see into his eyes. There was TRUE rage and HATE in there. The daughter wasn't much better either. I truely felt VERY threatened and was worried for the safety of my daughter who was squezing me around the ribs the whole time these people were RAGING at me that is something I won't soon forgive or FORGET.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:13 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey View Post
Being a carry permit holder has nothing to do with a non-lethal situation,, BUT

Then why did you think is was necessary to mention you have one.....

Old 10-22-2012, 06:46 AM   #51

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Georgetown350; Point taken. However how would you like an owner yelling at you putting his finger in your face.
I would not like that at all. Sounds like you handled the situation quite well. ( assuming the story played out exactly as you described).

I'm just saying I would need to hear the other side of the story before making my judgment and avoiding the campground.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:25 AM   #52

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgetown350 View Post
I would not like that at all. Sounds like you handled the situation quite well. ( assuming the story played out exactly as you described).
It was exactly as described I have no reason to come on here and make up stuff. I really did enjoy going to this CG the owners wife is the sweetest LADY I have ever met. My daughter even played with their grandaughter up in the rec hall. That's what makes this even stranger to me it's not this was our first visit and they never saw us before. Maybe that was why they thought they could get away with screaming at me and I would just cower down. By all means GO and have a good time you may never even see him just be for warned he has some kind of issue with going off the deep end.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:32 AM   #53

scooter trouble

Just My thoughts;I ran camp grounds the campers that I had trouble with had dogs running off there site#1,and motor bikes, go karts,4wheelers #2 radios#3and drunks#4 ,most people want a dust and noise free weekend....They will complain to the office and expect Us to act at once..Driveing round and round all day and also at night would sure bother a lot of people...Think just leave the thing parked and this would not have happened...JMT..Bushman...
Old 10-22-2012, 07:49 AM   #54

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgetown350 View Post

I'm just saying I would need to hear the other side of the story before making my judgment and avoiding the campground.

With respect to the OP, I agree with georgetown350. I'd like to have both sides of the story. perhaps this is a case of mistaken identity? Some other dude ripping around on a 50cc whizzy creating a rucus and then minutes later you happen to roll along into the path of angry ol Zane & co ...

He and his daughers anger towards you seems completely unjustified. We all have bad days, but that behaviour is well out of order.

If that situation happened to me, I dont think I'd have kept your composure... but irrespective of that, I'm pretty sure the very least I would have done is to report the incident to the local police on my way home just to have the statement on file... The CG owners could be loose cannons...

Bad season....? bank foreclosure....? who knows why they flipped Perhaps they just had to pay out a huge sum of money to someone that got hurt by a scooter on their property and you happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time?? You just dont know...
Old 10-22-2012, 07:55 AM   #55

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Bushman

I don't drive it that much really over the course of the weekend. Some of the permanent campers seem to have nothing better than drive by and STARE at you all day long though. Some of there carts sound like they haven't had an exhaust in decades but NOBODY seems to care. The loose dog issue I can see a fast response for the dogs safety as well as campers. YES I can understand the DRUNKS issue we seem to always end up close to some group like that we just go inside and watch a movie.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:07 AM   #56

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Blag

I can see your point BUT my scooter is VERY unique with the blow up bat and skeleton on it. So there was no mistake on who he wanted to scream at.

It REALLY seemed like he wanted to start a major problem with me but since I gave him NO lead in he could use with a dozen folks looking and listening to this. TRUST me I would have defended my self with what ever force needed. I was taught to RESPECT my elders since he was at 30 years older he got that and that was ALL he got. There will NEVER be another issue with my Ruckus at this CG. My main fear is he will actually hurt someone if he snapped on me like this so I want to get the word out which is all I can do is pass on what happened to me take it with a grain of salt but knowledge is power.
Closed Thread

Tags
campground