Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-22-2012, 08:14 AM   #57

I emailed the campground at 4 am this morning and asked them if they would give their side of the story. I provided a link to this thread. I'll let you know if they respond to me, and of course, we will all see if they post here.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-22-2012, 08:15 AM   #58

Vintage RV Owners Club
Dont get me wrong, IMO - you did the right thing then and you're doing the right thing now. I'm not critisizing you.

If it were me, I dont think I'd have left the campground without a rational explanation for their behaviour. Even to approach them a couple of hours later or the next day when their jets have cooled off...

It'd eat me alive not knowing the reasons why I got chewed out for no good reason.

Yeah, the blow up dolls attached to your scoot is kinda unique alright...

Maybe they have a phobia of inflatable toys... lol...
Old 10-22-2012, 08:32 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushman512003 View Post
Just My thoughts;I ran camp grounds the campers that I had trouble with had dogs running off there site#1,and motor bikes, go karts,4wheelers #2 radios#3and drunks#4 ,most people want a dust and noise free weekend....They will complain to the office and expect Us to act at once..Driveing round and round all day and also at night would sure bother a lot of people...Think just leave the thing parked and this would not have happened...JMT..Bushman...
x2. We go places to relax. Scooters, golf carts and ATVs driving around a park all weekend just for the sake of giving kids rides are annoying. Take the kids on a ride somewhere outside the park and obey the park rules riding in and out.

I'm kind of surprised to hear so many who would bring harm to an old man who obviously was upset. I know I've had bad days when I wasn't my usual sunny self. You did the right thing by not escalating the situation.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:36 AM   #60

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Mcbrian

WOW that was awesome of you. I wouldn't do it. I would bet NO response but if they want to keep paying campers coming they will have to explain why the owner comes up screaming at guests and terrifies little girls.

Like was posted earlier if some one was going to be hurt I could see screaming to get me to STOP but we weren't even moving at that point. All I know for sure was the look in his eyes would have put FEAR in most people for there life. I have thought a lot about it and am really impressed with my actions as well. This was about half a step from a lethal force incounter which would have ended BADLY ALL THE WAY AROUND.

I did the best thing at the time which was to put ruckus in my van and drive it back home which gave me time to get my thoughts in order and make sure I did not ACT like them.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:05 AM   #61

Being calm was the best example you could set for your daughter. I know of no reason for someone to scream other than pain or to save someone. I wouldn't do it to someone and I will not tolerate it being done to me.

As to those who are bothered by scooters, children and other noisy things, that is why campgrounds have quiet hours. If other campers are observing the quiet hours and you're still bothered, you should move. Campers have the right to have a good time. I will not let my good time be spoiled by someone or something. I would talk first then move if I had to. Life is too short!
Old 10-22-2012, 09:13 AM   #62

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by datrbone8 View Post
x2. We go places to relax. Scooters, golf carts and ATVs driving around a park all weekend just for the sake of giving kids rides are annoying. Take the kids on a ride somewhere outside the park and obey the park rules riding in and out.

I'm kind of surprised to hear so many who would bring harm to an old man who obviously was upset. I know I've had bad days when I wasn't my usual sunny self. You did the right thing by not escalating the situation.
I think a lot of the comments are internet tough guys myself.

Unless you saw the look in his eyes (HATE & RAGE) you would not be able to judge the situation. I was in fear for my safety as well as my daughters. If it would have been me by myself I don't think it would have ended the same as it did with either the owner or his daughter. Which would have been SAD for ALL involved.

My main concern it to get the story out so folks can be aware of what happened and make their own judgement on going to this CG. There was a comment about only caring about the CG itself I however have 2 special needs boys and 4 little girls to be concerned with and take STAFF into account as well when going to a CG. We have had some BAD issues in the past when the boys were little with folks attitude toward them. So as there parents we try to avoid place where its not friendly toward them.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:14 AM   #63

Fleetwood Owners Club
Coastal Campers
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I have mellowed considerably over the years, but i don't know if I could have handled it the way you did. Just because he was an old man is no reason to look the other way. As the Owner he should know the risk of treating customers that way, especially with the availability of information in today' world. Having a bad day or not I sure wouldn't return, and I wouldn't go back and give him the chance to clear his conscience so he could feel good about himself. He could get your address off the registration paperwork and send you a card if it really bothered him.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:27 AM   #64
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbrian View Post

As to those who are bothered by scooters, children and other noisy things, that is why campgrounds have quiet hours. If other campers are observing the quiet hours and you're still bothered, you should move. Campers have the right to have a good time. I will not let my good time be spoiled by someone or something. I would talk first then move if I had to. Life is too short!
Fair enough. We all need to seek out CGs which have rules that fit the expectations we have of a "good time".

We have found that many CGs restrict the use of motorcycles, scooters, ATV's, etc to driving to and from ones site. Personally, we like this since as mentioned above, dust kicked up from lap after lap can make it unpleasant to sit outside and require a wash job which would have otherwise been unnecessary. IMO, restricting their use only during "quiet hours" wouldn't be sufficient.

I'm not one who would go to the office and complain but this is a good reason for CG's to come in all flavors.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
Old 10-22-2012, 09:46 AM   #65

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
I emailed the campground at 4 am this morning and asked them if they would give their side of the story. I provided a link to this thread. I'll let you know if they respond to me, and of course, we will all see if they post here.

Old 10-22-2012, 09:50 AM   #66

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO View Post
Fair enough. We all need to seek out CGs which have rules that fit the expectations we have of a "good time".

We have found that many CGs restrict the use of motorcycles, scooters, ATV's, etc to driving to and from ones site. Personally, we like this since as mentioned above, dust kicked up from lap after lap can make it unpleasant to sit outside and require a wash job which would have otherwise been unnecessary. IMO, restricting their use only during "quiet hours" wouldn't be sufficient.

I'm not one who would go to the office and complain but this is a good reason for CG's to come in all flavors.

Rick
I have no issue with rules on use however they should be listed before you show up and not only enforced when felt like or for only certain folks. Which I have seen more than once done here. My favorite is the leash rule its on the back of the slip for the dash and SEVERAL folks this weekend didn't even bother to leash there dogs. I watched the owner drive past this and not see a thing SEVERAL times.

We won't even mention how many times he came racing past our site even after this happened. We have tried to teach our children the proper manners for camping and to FOLLOW the rules but it's hard explain when the rules don't get followed why should they follow them. We just tell them because it is the RIGHT thing to do.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:01 AM   #67

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conquest102 View Post
Mcbrian

WOW that was awesome of you. I wouldn't do it. I would bet NO response I have thought a lot about it and am really impressed with my actions as well. This was about half a step from a lethal force incounter which would have ended BADLY ALL THE WAY AROUND.
I still find this amazing. This campground has been in business and run by this family for over 30 years! The RULES are strictly enforced. There has got to be another side. I really hope they respond because most on here have already found em guilty. The Internet is great for degrading someone rightfully or not!.By the way "half a step from lethal force" sounds to me a little over the top!JMO
Old 10-22-2012, 10:10 AM   #68
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by datrbone8 View Post

X3! Couldn't have stated it better myself.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:26 AM   #69

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
tbwhit;

Half step from lethal force is my opion of the situation based on what was going on at that time. So every opion would have been differant. I do think if you came charging and screaming at a police officer like he did you would be is serous trouble. The rules are NOT always strictly enforced We saw that even this weekend as stated in my earlier post.

I also would like to see a response and see him explain his ACTIONS for scaring my daughter so bad. As well as the trying to belittle me like some child. It still won't change what he did or my opion of what happened. Maybe it would sway some of the irv2 jurors.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:37 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conquest102 View Post
Monkey;

I do think you are correct about the wanting to start something and since he only got a POLITE response he went to the riding kids around. I let that go to he seemed even MADDER so maybe he did want an excuse to kick me out that night but I wasn't playing their game. That's OK I get to WIN in the end NOW everbody knows he is either CRAZY or just wacked out either way folks won't want to be around that so he will SUFFER where it will hurt the worst in the $$$$$ flow. Maybe he can turn it back into a PIG FARM again.lol
I agree. When you are treated rudely and disrespectfully by someone, "kill 'em with kindness". It leave them feeling worse than a punch in the nose, if they have any conscience.
Or, a simple statement, "Have you taken any anger management courses, sir? I could recommend that for you".

The most important thing in my mind is what you role modeled for your daughters.
HappyCCRVr is offline   Reply With Quote
Closed Thread

Tags
campground