Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-22-2012, 11:37 AM   #71

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Peoples perceptions and reaction are always different and constantly changing. What I might perceive as 'outta hand' or 'one step away from lethal force' might, and wont, be the same as anyone's else's..

Agreed there are 2 side to the story, but that second side will not be the whole story also. Who is right? The one that most closely matches MY perception..

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-22-2012, 11:39 AM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgetown350 View Post
With all due respect to the OP there are two sides to every story and we only have one.

The campground owner and daughter have been judged and found guilty in the court of IRV2 without hearing their side of the story.

I check reviews of campgrounds to see what people say about the facilities. Personal comments against campground owners I take with a grain of salt because I am only hearing one side of the story.

Boycott if you want but is that really fair?
That is because regardless of someone breaking your campground rules, you do not yell and wag your finger in their face as a way to address the issue. Never. Ever. Just as you don't just go up and punch someone out for doing something wrong in your campground.
Both are bullying tactics.

Old 10-22-2012, 11:44 AM   #73

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Kind of hard to foresee all behaviors that could be very annoying to me or others and post them in the rules....

I personally enjoy a "Carol Burnett" Tarzan yell/yodel, but would be pretty annoyed if she did it non stop, while circling on a scooter, even if it was that amazing woman herself....:
Old 10-22-2012, 11:46 AM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbrian View Post
I emailed the campground at 4 am this morning and asked them if they would give their side of the story. I provided a link to this thread. I'll let you know if they respond to me, and of course, we will all see if they post here.
Aha. I'll delete my last post then...no reply?
Old 10-22-2012, 11:57 AM   #75

12:55 pm and no reply yet. I would give them a few days. Not everyone has the time to email everyday. I'm only on today (during the day) because I'm a little under the weather.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:03 PM   #76

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekrsq View Post
X2. If it was legally licensed, a LEO would've had to tell me I couldn't ride it.

We have ATVs and it irritates me I can't ride them in the campgrounds, but I understand why. But a 49cc scooter ?? I don't think so.
Legally licensed or not, he was on PRIVATE PROPERTY...hence forth the owner of said property can allow or disallow the use of the scooter.

[moderator edit]
Old 10-22-2012, 03:17 PM   #77

Tiffin Owners Club
But guy's, isn't one of the reasons we own a condo on wheels is to leave places we find objectionable? That could be bugs, weather, certain campground "cultures" etc. Do you really want to have an altercation? Why not just pull the jack's and head for more welcome area's? I've left and forfeited 5 day's of paid camping fee's once but at least I enjoyed the remainder elsewhere.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:36 PM   #78

Tiffin Owners Club
FWIW I sent the park an email yesterday regarding scooters and golf carts in the park. Here is the response I just received from Tina Johnson.

Motorized scooters and golf carts are allowed but must operated by a person with a driver's license and show proof of insurance.
Speed limit is 10 miles per hour....and they must stay on the roads and not cut through campsites. Speed limit is strictly enforced
Tina
Old 10-22-2012, 04:32 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conquest102 View Post
1ciderdog;
Its a 49cc Honda Ruckus with a blow up bat tuck in above the headlights and a blow up skeleton riding above the brake light. It's fully street legal with plates and a tag as well as FULL coverage insurance. I have been riding here for the last 3 years since I bought it. NEVER had a problem before rode past ALL of the staff on more than one occassion. Even rode it around after dark. I think like someone said before someone was either JEOLOUS or has NO clue what 10mph looks like going past them. It is even quiter than a lot of the GolfCarts that drive around. It's only got 200 miles on the odometer. Most of them are from this CG even.
I don't think the behavoir of the camp ground owners was correct, but, 200 miles on the speedo and MOST in this camp ground is poshing their allowance of using scooters and gulfcarts.........how many laps around the camp ground is that? personally I would find that constant riding a problem also.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:58 PM   #80

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot3 View Post
I don't think the behavoir of the camp ground owners was correct, but, 200 miles on the speedo and MOST in this camp ground is poshing their allowance of using scooters and gulfcarts.........how many laps around the camp ground is that? personally I would find that constant riding a problem also.
The 200 miles is over the course of 3 years and its NOT all CG. I have driven in the big city a few times. Which by the way is a blast with semi's and school buses going with you.

In response to the insurance it has NEVER be asked for and never had my id checked. I have seen kids as young as 10 driving carts without adults on them as well.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:03 PM   #81

7 pm and no reply. I emailed them again and asked for a reply. Bobged, maybe you could forward Tina's email to me so I know I'm getting a person.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:34 PM   #82

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
7 pm and no reply. I emailed them again and asked for a reply. Bobged, maybe you could forward Tina's email to me so I know I'm getting a person.

I'm not totally surprised you haven't got a reply. What can they say yes we got all up in his face and yelled at him with his daughter hanging onto him. Even if they think I broke some NEW rule that was not on my receipt.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:43 PM   #83

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I would suggest you do as the campground owner ordered you to do and not bring your equipment (ANY OF IT) back to his campground ever again.. Camp elsewhere.

I have, in my travels, come across two (so far) campgrounds where I did not like the way the employees treated me.. and I parked elsewhere.. I suggest you do the same.

I might add one of the "elsewhere" campgrounds is now on my "Got to go back there" list. The other one was the nicest park in town, but also expensive, I won't be returning if I can avoid it.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:05 PM   #84
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
I emailed the campground at 4 am this morning and asked them if they would give their side of the story. I provided a link to this thread. I'll let you know if they respond to me, and of course, we will all see if they post here.
Before this all gets out of hand, I'll post a reminder of our Community Rules:
Quote:
Dealer/Vendor and Customer Disputes
This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about vendors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and dealer through other means but not through our community.
Continuing to rehash the situation is coming precariously close to escalating this into a vendor dispute and encouraging the campground to post will take it there. That'll be the end of this thread. The OP has expressed his opinion of his experience, advice has been given - let's move on.

Lori-

Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
Closed Thread

Tags
campground