Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-03-2014, 09:26 AM   #1

Campgrounds

I wish more of us would update in the campground section some of it looks real old.

Pete1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-03-2014, 09:33 AM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
I agree Pete. It's nice to see what others have said about a campground before you go. And it's better to have more than one web site besides rvparkreviews.com to get reviews.

Old 08-03-2014, 06:07 PM   #3

Forest River Owners Club
I highly recommend a free ebook entitled "Florida" which describes over 30 Florida state parks. You might find it useful.
Old 08-04-2014, 09:24 AM   #4

183 lookers I hope somebody updated in the campground forum.
Old 08-04-2014, 09:50 AM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I have too say I have never looked @ that part of irv2.
I will now, Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 09:53 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
didn't know it existed either....
I assume this is the forum you are talking about --> http://www.irv2.com/forums/f38/
will link my reviews @ rvparkreviews and start inputting here

you are right, I always like to associate a review to a person who's interest may be closer to mine than some employee of the park
Old 08-05-2014, 09:01 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo View Post
I assume this is the forum you are talking about --> Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports - iRV2 Forums
will link my reviews @ rvparkreviews and start inputting here

you are right, I always like to associate a review to a person who's interest may be closer to mine than some employee of the park
Yes that's the one I use it all the time with all the members here this is a good place to look for a CG. come on guys everybody is camping some place why not post it and help someone find a nice place to stay.
Old 08-05-2014, 03:01 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
That's part of the reason we just don't bother with any of the sites for campground reviews. They are not updated often and most of the time that I have looked the last review was at least a year old or older. So many things can change in a years time.
Old 08-05-2014, 04:42 PM   #9

Since you all check the reviews, how many of you have added your camping experience to the review to make it more current? I've added the last 6 sites I was at in the past 3 months.
Old 08-05-2014, 04:50 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
RVParkreviews is a good site but not the holy grail. Many campgrounds have not had reviews in years and many campgrounds aren't even in there. Additionally, they don't make it easy to review a CG with their policy of having to submit 3 reviews before they will post yours.
StevieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 07:57 PM   #11

Thor Owners Club
I think the reason rvparkreviews requires at least 3 reviews is to prevent homers from posting. By that I mean owners and friends of owners.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:58 PM   #12
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo View Post
I assume this is the forum you are talking about --> Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports - iRV2 Forums

Actually, that's not the best place to put a campground review. The reason being, it's a discussion forum. As newer posts are made, posts with reviews get shoved farther & farther down the list.

iRV2 has a Campgrounds section & that's where we encourage members to post reviews since listings are by States & Provinces. Just click on the Campgrounds tab in the top toolbar & choose Add Campground (if it isn't already listed) or just click on that Campgrounds tab to go to the listings to see what reviews are there.

It doesn't have near the number of RVPR's site, but then members just don't seem to know it's there.

Lori-
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 10:27 PM   #13

Official iRV2 Sponsor

But to be honest with everyone, IRV2 and RVParkReviews are now both owned by Social Knowledge and it wouldn't be surprising to see some integration of the two sites. The campground section of IRV2 is, realistically, never going to compete with the more than 215,000 reviews currently posted on RVParkReviews.

When people complain that a particular campground hasn't been reviewed recently why do you think that a site with a smaller user base will magically have more recent reviews or reviews of more parks? IMHO the more people who contribute to RVParkReviews the better it will become. If the community dilutes its efforts and spreads reviews out to multiple sources then each of them becomes less effective than they could be if everyone's inputs were aggregated.

There will always be a place for discussion forum-based RV reviews, but that medium is simply not the best for large quantities of data. Easily searchable databases are better suited for that sort of thing and that's what RVParkReviews already is and it will be getting even better soon.

Some of you know that RVParkReviews is in the process of being migrated to a new hardware and software platform. When that happens one of the new features you will enjoy will be a one-click ability to go from a page on RVParkReviews to the equivalent review page on TripAdvisor and several other major review sites. So after reading reviews on RVParkReviews you will be able to easily compare them to reviews posted on other sites.

There will be quite a few other new features some of which will be available as soon as the migration is completed and others which will become available over time.

Joel (AKA docj)
docj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 10:36 PM   #14

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieG View Post
RVParkreviews is a good site but not the holy grail. Many campgrounds have not had reviews in years and many campgrounds aren't even in there. Additionally, they don't make it easy to review a CG with their policy of having to submit 3 reviews before they will post yours.
The requirement to post 3 reviews doesn't require that you submit them at the same time. They are automatically held until you submit a sufficient number. If you use your RV a couple of times in a season you will easily visit enough parks for your reviews to be posted.

docj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campground