Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-26-2013, 08:27 AM   #29

Coleman stove 2 burner type, a great grill, two most popular are the Coleman Roadtrip (the one with the cast iron grill plates) or the Weber Q series like the 120, 200 etc. depending on size. Good comfortable bag chairs, they take up the least amount of storage space and make sure you have at least two more than what you'll need for who you travel with (guests to your campsite). A good cooler with something to cover it from the sun or heat. Old cookware like two fry pans, cast iron are great to use over an open fire and a couple of old pots with lids. Extra long cooking tongs. At least one extra fresh water portable container. Wal-Mart sells a nice 7 gallon for $12. I carry about 120ft. of fresh water hose in varying lengths. A box of latex gloves for dumping your waste tanks, don't use work gloves. Harbour Freight for about $5. Extra blankets besides what you will use. Clothing that you can leave in the camper. You'll know its always there, less to load each outing. Several size flash lights for walks around the campground at night and late walks to the shower house. A Coleman propane lantern, I just threw out a dual 6 volt battery model, the batteries cost more than the lantern! A couple long lighters to start your campfire. Keep a bag of old newspaper always on hand in the rig to use as fire starter. Tool kit with sockets, hammer, several types of pliers, couple of different screw drivers and maybe a rechargeable drill. Wood blocks or 12x12 appx. plywood to put under your stabilizer jacks. And, my favorite new addition this camping season is a Emerson Ice Maker. Makes 26-30 pounds of ice a day. No more daily trips to the camp store buying bags of ice to keep the beer cold in the before mentioned covered good cooler!
Good Luck, enjoy the lifestyle and many happy and fun filled camping adventures!
vincee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2013, 09:01 AM   #30

Thanks all for the suggestions...you guys and gals rock! I've got our list going, hopefully going to pick up most of the must-haves this weekend. Really looking forward to our camping days ahead!
kmo_ii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:04 PM   #31

Tiffin Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
and

Benadryl, pillows for the RV, bathing suit (alcohol for ears if you go swimming), tire gauge, oil, jack, spare tire, level, hammer, cloths line,
WBBB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:48 PM   #32

One of the things that we always make sure we have is a laundry basket. You may have one of these already anyway, but we always make sure we keep a spare to carry out the food and fixins for the BBQ. It's a lot easier to carry out the meat, buns, and condiments out in one trip in the basket than it is to make several trips to take it all out and put it away.
smasiello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:57 PM   #33

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by smasiello View Post
One of the things that we always make sure we have is a laundry basket. You may have one of these already anyway, but we always make sure we keep a spare to carry out the food and fixins for the BBQ. It's a lot easier to carry out the meat, buns, and condiments out in one trip in the basket than it is to make several trips to take it all out and put it away.
We just dump the one in the stick house out and use it. No need to buy/carry another one.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:02 AM   #34

Fleetwood Owners Club
One of the first things I bought that I thought were necessary was a Progressive Industries surge protector and a water pressure regulator.

You'd want to ensure your rig will be up to the task cuz if you don't and something breaks, it would be a miserable camping trip.
Peacekeeper6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:23 AM   #35

With young ones and RV'ing, this IS a must:
Presto 03430 Pizzazz Countertop Pizza Oven - Walmart.com

Old 08-29-2013, 05:10 AM   #36

A Bible is a good thing to have in a MH. You never know when you are goiung to have to pray up on all the things that can go wrong on a MH. I am now tring to figure out why mine will not start.

Have a great day.

Br. Denny
DFelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:48 AM   #37

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFelix View Post
A Bible is a good thing to have in a MH. You never know when you are goiung to have to pray up on all the things that can go wrong on a MH. I am now tring to figure out why mine will not start.

Have a great day.

Br. Denny
Last time my Bible wouldn't start, I took it to church for a jump.
Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:03 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBBB1 View Post
Benadryl, pillows for the RV, bathing suit (alcohol for ears if you go swimming), tire gauge, oil, jack, spare tire, level, hammer, cloths line,
Agreed. And a hatchet. I even have a 2' shovel. There have been times it was easier to move a half inch of dirt or gravel from one side to level the camper. And to extinguish the fire.
davendeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 05:59 PM   #39

Welder's gloves?
Siebrands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 06:33 PM   #40

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Whatever you do don't read Mick Brenner's post.... The story ROFLMAO
Capn_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 03:29 PM   #41

wire tie

even though I don't have a motor home yet..(will be shopping in a couple weeks in Hersey pa for a 36' to 39' diesel pusher)..I say wire ties..i use these thing for everything around the house, boat, work, garage, every where.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:58 AM   #42

Thor Owners Club
small propane torch to start the campfire....levelling pads....extra fuses... two way water spigot for the hose and an extra hose to spray the kids off.
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping