Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-20-2017, 11:37 PM   #15

Traditions

We collect shot glasses or coffee mugs, depending on where we are. I used to travel a lot for business, and started collecting shot glasses. Now I need to build a display case for them!
2Grands is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-21-2017, 01:12 PM   #16
WDW

Here is ours- we had a custom cut piece of stainless steel and brackets made to mount over the ladder in the back of the RV so we could show it off as we traveled. However taking it off from time to time for roof access became a hassle so instead we mounted it inside the house here and keep adding stickers as we go along.Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1503342729.495924.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	298.6 KB
ID:	173819
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 05:51 PM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Magnets and Christmas ornaments

I buy magnets when we travel. I bought a piece of sheet metal and hung in the RV for the magnets. My wife buys Christmas ornaments from place where we stop. Then we can remember our great trips at Christmas

PT
Turnerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 08:05 PM   #18

Thats cool, i like that tradition however you choose to do it, stickers, magnets, pins its all good.

I could put it right next to my collection of toe hair from every girl i have ever been with in my life LMAO. I am just kidding folks, thats creepy and wierd
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 5.7 HD cooling
Durango Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 11:45 PM   #19

Outdoors RV Owners Club
We fried up a can of Corned Beef Hash on the last day of our first camping trip almost 30 years ago and we always end our trips that way ever since. The only thing we collect are the memories of the places we have had that last meal.
keymastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 03:54 AM   #20

We used to buy stickers at each location and had a growing collection across our back bumper. But then we upgraded and lost our collection. Want to go back to the stickers, love the variety, but still pondering the display of them. We want them outside and visible when we camp, great conversation starters and great memories.
Dropthejacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 07:28 AM   #21

Can't really say that it is a tradition. But we're using a road atlas ( yes!!!!! paper not electronic) and trace our routes with a highlighter by the year of travel. On the first page of atlas we create a legend, year/color. Example: this year is yellow
After several years, it's interesting to see how your travels cross or intersect!
Also, have a written diary of events:The good, the bad, and the ugly!

The atlas is a pretty new process, as we really just started traveling a bunch. We've (mostly DW) been doing the diary for many years.
memtb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 02:10 PM   #22

I think a good tradition would be every place you visit to find one person who shares your last name and shake their hand.
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 5.7 HD cooling
Durango Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 02:42 PM   #23

So what is the edicate on coloring in the states and provinces on the map? I assume it places you've visited in your RV but can you include locations visited with previous coaches?

Tags
camping