Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 02-05-2014, 09:43 AM   #43
Originally Posted by OrngTrillium View Post

Actually it's a misconception that the high and mighty flatus smells like roses; don't you know the big cheeses are born without an orifice located on their posterior seating surface?
Not all, but some.... the orifice in question is located on their shoulders. This explains why some are so full of it. I used to do high end hardwood floors and got to meet a few like this. Most wealthy peeople are just normal people with money.

Bob and sometimes - Nina - a Staffordshire Terrier/a SPOILED pit and her kitty Spaz
2006 Dodge SLT 2500 4x4 Cummins Quad Cab w/AT and 3.73
2007 Salem Sport LE 26FBSRV (TH) w/ my Victory Motorcycle in it or a EZ GO Shuttle cart.
NFlcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2014, 10:05 AM   #44
Originally Posted by Hooligan View Post
Far be it from me to cast dispersions on a fellow IRV2'er (it aint camping)" but the unrulyfrog may have it wrong. If it's fun it could be camping.
Really Wikipedia is your "By definition" source? The unruly frog is never wrong when expressing an opinion. I may from time to time be a little shy on accuracy when spouting facts...

Regardless If you want to call sleeping, eating, bathing, watching movies in a Walmart parking lot in a MH camping then that's fine with me.

As long as we are having fun call it as you see it.

Tom Wilds
Blythewood SC
2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:37 AM   #45
Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

Really Wikipedia is your "By definition" source.
Calm down there scooter it was all in fun.
2003 Winnebago WFG33V Adventurer - 8.1 Gas, Workhorse Chassis - Medium Titanium Metalic

"For GOD'S sake, be human"
Tomtall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:41 PM   #46

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I "camped" in a Tank and other armored vehicles for 22years. I made up my mind one cold, wet, stormy night, that if I ever camped again, it would be in comfort. So, here I am and having a ball!!!
2012 Itasca Meridian 42E, Roadmaster Tow System, Unified Brakes on Toad
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland. US Army Armor. Ret
Finhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 01:41 PM   #47
We prefer the "Rv resort" type places mostly because my wife does not like being in the middle of nowhere. I enjoy it also. Its more of an Rv/pickup/golf cart show. But I like it. When I was a kid we camped at more rustic type campgrounds without full hook ups but then we had a motorhome with a generator at two tvs so it was still a lot more fancy than what some folks talk about. We most likely will never camp at a state park unless it's in an area we are visiting for some other reason. We like the 10 10 10 campgrounds and have a pretty basic rig compared to the 40' fivers and DP's we park next to
2016 Jayflight 32 BHDS Fiberglass sides. Golf cart
06' Chevy CC Dually 6.0. 20k hitch NO w/d bars. 16" wheels & LT TIRES
2500HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:56 PM   #48
Sort of a silly conversation imho.
Bottom line is this: grab the kids, their friends, grandkids whatever
Get outdoors and enjoy yourselves.
Matters not what you camp in or what "stuff" you take.
And leave no mess!!!
smarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:48 PM   #49
Wow, I don't know where you people find these campgrounds.... I always stay in a full-service campground. In 20,000+ miles, I don't think I've been in a "parking lot" more than half a dozen times, and for an overnighter, who cares? I guess there may be a lot of campgrounds like that in more urban areas. I did notice that it was more common in California and New Jersey, but I've done the entire I-10 corridor twice and Florida to New Jersey several times and never felt that I had to settle for a parking lot type of RV park.
Susan in Music with Mizz Bizzy
bertnspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:09 PM   #50
Freightliner Owners Club
Originally Posted by wildtoad View Post
As long as we are having fun call it as you see it.
I knew when it got to the bottom line you would agree..... Enjoy

(I also think "wiki" is the reason for "if it's on the internet it must be true")
Hooligan, Pensacola, Fl -U.S. Coast Guard 1956-1985
2016 Thor Siesta Sprinter 24ST diesel
Our Pug "Lily" & "George" the Newfoundland
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 05:47 AM   #51
Monaco Owners Club
For many years when I was younger I did a lot of backpacking, sometimes 2 - 3 weeks at a time on various trails around the country. We used to laugh at people in motorhomes who thought they were "camping." Now, some 40+ years later, I no longer wish to sleep on the ground (been there done that) and love "camping" in my motorhome with it's nice soft bed and real bathroom. Interesting how perspective changes as you go through life.
Richard Anderson
2002 Beaver Monterey Seacliff, '13 Jeep Wrangler
Retired, fulltimer
sadrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 06:05 AM   #52
It's not camping unless you can find the biggest rock and put in it in your trailer as sort of a souvenir. It is Resorting if your trailer has a sunken living room. Either way you have the blue sky above you.

FREG/P under 45', over 300 hp under 600 lb ft torque.
OrngTrillium is offline   Reply With Quote