Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 09-29-2016, 04:45 PM   #1
Camping w/kids during school year?

Hello fellow RV'ers!

We would like to camp at the end of this season with our children during the school week. We would drive the children to school EACH DAY and THEY WOULD NOT MISS ANY SCHOOL!

We were told by several campgrounds that they would not take the children unless we lived in THE SAME TOWN as the campground. This presumably has something to do with taxes?!? One campground had DCYF call and ask if any children were staying at the campground???

Has anyone else heard of or experienced anything like this?!? We are baffled, perplexed, and frustrated! We live in New Hampshire.

royal_clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-29-2016, 05:14 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Must be why I have seen a lot of children of full timers being home schooled.

Mike, RVIA & RVSA Certified Master RV Technician
Amy, Dr. Assistant - Roxie & Mei Ling, four legs each
2000 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 450 hp & 1330# torque
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 05:18 PM   #3
Sounds like the schools are tight on monies......schools get 'education funds' (tax dollars) for each child/each day of attendance.

I've heard of 'truancy officers' but have never encountered CGs being part of that.

Not like you were going to allow them to be absent the whole week.

We I grew up....dang near ALL the boys and some girls would miss almost the first 2 weeks of start of school........DEER SEASON
2007 Dodge 3500 w/Tractor Motor & NUWA 5vr
FT traveling Jan 2007 - Jan 2014
Still DEBT Free
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 08:19 PM   #4
I had freinds/partner that got fed up with living indoors sold everything including their business which I bought and bought a trailer and a new truck.

They would spend the summer traveling and when it came time for school they would find a nice town with a good school and a nice campground.

Enroll the kids and stay put for the school year. I would go and visit them at various places. I never heard of any troubles staying in a campground or enrolling the kids.

Their kids have long since graduated, gone to college and got married. Last I heard the parents were somewhere in Alaska off grid.
tcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 08:34 PM   #5
Did they get that you were only going to be there for a few days?

It really sounds like a local problem assuming you are going to be close enough to drive them to school.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote