Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-07-2013, 05:30 PM   #15

Workhorse Chassis Owner
OK -- here's my story...
My first experience was when Camping World installed my rear trac bar and they didnít correctly tighten it causing it to make a banging noise. Back in the shop and they followed the manufacture recommendations.

Camping World then wired my Fantastic Fan in my bedroom to my on-off light switch. Could only use it with the light was on! I had to convince the service writer that the better choice was to wire it to the un-switched light that was just two feet away from the fan.

Then they installed my dinette awning by ripping out the old awning ruining a foot and a half of my awning track. This took an act of congress to get them to patch a section of the awning track which included a very messy calk job. All this was done just prior to winter storage. The next season when I extended my dinette it had some calk left on the canvas created two pea size holes in the vinyl. This time I battled unsuccessfully to get them to ask corporate for an adjustment or at least a repair of my two holes (two patches). I was denied due to it being outside of the manufacture warranty.

Now, we could all gather around this campfire and say it was my fault for trying to give them my business or I shoulda-woulda-coulda. But, if all the true campers are feeling similar pain it just might be they actually have had some bad experiences with Camping World. That's what campers do around campfires Ė they share stories and they help other fellow campers along the trail. Please donít attack the messengers!

PS Fantastic Fan and RVbrake are two examples of companies whom stand behind what they sell!

2003 Damon DAYBREAK Model# 3275 // 2002 P32 Workhorse Custom Chassis, 8.1L Vortec 8100,180 Thermostat, .045 SP Gap, SuperSteer Rear Track Bar, Roadmaster Front Spreader Bar, SuperSteer Bell Cranks, Koni FSD ,,,
iRV4FUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-07-2013, 05:39 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
When we left camping world and got on the freeway, the coach had a terrible vibration, thought it would shake apart.
It didn't have a vibration when you took it on a test drive?
Quote:
the tires looked like they were starting to get some dry rot.
They didn't look that way on your check out of the MH?
Quote:
We went to Mesa, because they were selling what we wanted for 10 to 15 grand less than Vegas.
If you bought 6 new tires for it out of pocket. You would still be ahead.

Taking the word of any sales person and not checking every thing out yourself.
Is who's fault? The sales person that probable got a good commission?
Or someone else?

Old 03-07-2013, 06:09 PM   #17

One option you might try is to find out who is the regional service manager that oversees several locations. I had a major dispute with CW in Gainesville (Oakwood) Ga. and I only got some satisfaction dealing at that level. Also, go to their corporate website in Ky. and go to the Contact Us tab. There are some specific customer service email addresses that you can send a message to. They will typically pass the message off to the local guy anyway. CW is an example of a company that may be too big to fail, however, stop using them on a countrywide basis and maybe they will get the message.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:00 PM   #18

Send a message via Skype™ to ROMANICHEL
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMRDNR View Post
you need to post this on rv.net - they have someone that will respond to you. they have the "Good Sam Care Team" that will address camping world problems -
good luck, if you try it let us know how it works.
What is the business relationship between Camping World and Good Sam, I always had very good service with GS, it would be sad from what i've been reading that they would be business partner :(
Old 03-07-2013, 07:04 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triker56 View Post
It didn't have a vibration when you took it on a test drive?

They didn't look that way on your check out of the MH?

If you bought 6 new tires for it out of pocket. You would still be ahead.

Taking the word of any sales person and not checking every thing out yourself.
Is who's fault? The sales person that probable got a good commission?
Or someone else?

The vibration didnt show up until over 50 mph. The area around camping world was slow stop and go traffic.
They had a gallon of armor all sprayed all over the tires which masked it a little.

There was literally no time to sit and look at every little thing, I tried. Like I said, rush the walk through and rush us in to sign papers. When we left, no one was even out there to see us off. Once we signed the last paper, everyones personality drastically changed.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:09 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
I'm curious, was the unit sold with a limited warrantee or 'as is, where is'? Taking the word of someone over the phone and getting rushed through the deal, I think they saw you were in love with the unit and wanted to get papers signed before a proper inspection was done. I've had this tried on me at various car dealerships over the years, I learned to walk away and come back later. It calms them down. Also, never love something that can't love you back.
They knew we wanted it, the same unit at camping world in Vegas was 15 grand more and a year older, almost same miles.

We only had the weekend to wrap up the deal and I wasnt about to drive our old tank back to Vegas.

My problem is that I didnt think buying an rv would be as bad as buying a car, especially with a big chain like CW. I guess when it boils down, money is money and they want it just as bad as the rest.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:41 PM   #21

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROMANICHEL View Post
What is the business relationship between Camping World and Good Sam, I always had very good service with GS, it would be sad from what i've been reading that they would be business partner :(
good sam owns camping world and a few others
Affinity Group officially becomes Good Sam Enterprises > RV Daily Report |
Old 03-07-2013, 07:49 PM   #22

Send a message via Skype™ to ROMANICHEL
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMRDNR View Post
Thanks , That explain why I have rebate at CW with my GS membership
Old 03-07-2013, 09:23 PM   #23

Camping world Own's good Sam's they are the same company owners
Old 03-07-2013, 09:41 PM   #24

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Why don't we all just tell them where to get off seems they can't do anything right no matter what state or town Marcus has to do something real quick.
it is all overthe place as what they do wroing so much, dosen't matter if it eng ,house, exterior tires it just dosen't end. Ther are other places o/l or ask other rv'ers where they go.
Santara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:14 AM   #25

Everyone in this thread needs to go to www.rvservicereviews.com and post your experience with CW in your State. This is a great website that everyone should support. I've also given them a small donation to help them with the hosting expense. It was started and still maintained by a couple who had a bad service experience, but could not find any source of RV service center reviews. Check it out.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:27 AM   #26

I just think they could have treated us a little better instead of just bringing in a coach, washing it and sending it on its way, which is exactly what they did.

I wont deal with them ever again, we have other stores in Vegas for rv parts, or online. Since they are part of Good sam, they can keep that too.

I agree with others, as many people as they have taken advantage of with sales and service, it's time for all of us to completely avoid dealing with them anymore.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:29 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by esfritzi View Post
Everyone in this thread needs to go to www.rvservicereviews.com and post your experience with CW in your State. This is a great website that everyone should support. I've also given them a small donation to help them with the hosting expense. It was started and still maintained by a couple who had a bad service experience, but could not find any source of RV service center reviews. Check it out.
Thanks for the link.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:38 AM   #28

I think you need to log on to RV.Net at the top contact mark the CEO

Tags
camping