Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-07-2013, 11:30 AM   #1

Camping world

We just bought an 08 Winnebago from camping world in Mesa Az last weekend and are having some problems getting them to respond to a couple complaints that we have regarding our new coach. I read some reviews this morning and it seems like we're not the only ones with a problem when it comes to their sales or service departments.

Just curious if anyone here has had any issues with them. Thanks

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-07-2013, 11:59 AM   #2

Here is my take on them and yes I had to deal with them. I can some it up like this. If customer service was the way they kept thier doors open. They should be closed. They are the worst to deal with not only for the sale but any issues after the sale. [moderator edit]

Old 03-07-2013, 12:56 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecfd67 View Post
Here is my take on them and yes I had to deal with them. I can some it up like this. If customer service was the way they kept thier doors open. They should be closed. They are the worst to deal with not only for the sale but any issues after the sale. [moderator edit]
x2. They are the only game in town for most people. Thats their business model. If I can buy online or elsewhere I do.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:18 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I bought from them a few years back and had a problem getting them to stand up to their promises too. After a number of attempts and arguments and emails they finally did the deed. Be persistent.

This was a good email address at one time. mlemonis@campingworldrv.com
Send an email to the local repair folks and copy Marcus. It usually gets their attention.

There is another forum site where Camping World monitors a few threads that you can post on too. They usually help if you have a valid complaint.
JayGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:26 PM   #5

Freightliner Owners Club
you need to post this on rv.net - they have someone that will respond to you. they have the "Good Sam Care Team" that will address camping world problems -
good luck, if you try it let us know how it works.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:40 PM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Id rather be stuck with a short sewer hose on a 100 degree day, then to have one of their service techs touch my rig again. They are pathetic at service quality and never admit they mess-up. You have to fight and fight to get anything accomplished.
2003 Damon DAYBREAK Model# 3275 // 2002 P32 Workhorse Custom Chassis, 8.1L Vortec 8100,180 Thermostat, .045 SP Gap, SuperSteer Rear Track Bar, Roadmaster Front Spreader Bar, SuperSteer Bell Cranks, Koni FSD ,,,
iRV4FUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:48 PM   #7

Send a message via Skype™ to ROMANICHEL
I am shock and surprise !!!! how can you become so big and have such a lousy service and after sales depatment ???
Old 03-07-2013, 01:52 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRV4FUN View Post
Id rather be stuck with a short sewer hose on a 100 degree day......
I just snorted coffee out my nose .
Bruce
Old 03-07-2013, 02:18 PM   #9

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROMANICHEL View Post
I am shock and surprise !!!! how can you become so big and have such a lousy service and after sales depatment ???
I think the problem is that sales, service quality varies from location to location. A good experience causes hope that the whole chain is improved, but as shown on many threads here, it is not always the case.

I agree, get the President of CW involved, Mark Lemonis, and see if that helps. Also, it would be interesting to all of us to know what issues you're having, what's been promised, etc. Some of the complaints about businesses on this site get posted, then no follow up, giving the impression someone just wanted to vent or harm someone instead of telling the story to it's conclusion.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:21 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Don't give up, stay after them, send registered letters...move up the chain of command.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:39 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
If we just cannot get the part any place else then we get it from CW. Luckily you can get almost anything you might need from other places or if you have time you can order it from online from other places and have it delivered instead.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:00 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROMANICHEL View Post
Bigger is Not better, Many Details get lost and over looked and then there is no accountability.

I run a Speed Shop and we take care of our customers Like No other for over 27 years.

I Dealt with My Local RV Dealer where I purchased my FRED, and Everything They Touched turned to POOP on Pre delivery prep.

I had To Redo Everything they Touched.

They added a can of Freon to the AC that was not working without looking for or fixing the leak, needed a Reciever Dryer, had a crack in it.

They Put the Wrong Batteries on the House.

They said they did an Alignment which turned out to be Moving the Steering wheel by removing and reclocking and it was off as much but the other way and the Kicker they left the Nut Very Lose, and broke the Horn Pad and lost one of the 4 springs.

Nothing was serviced, No oil change or anything and the vehicle had been sitting for almost 4 years with 7K and the original Oil filter still on it.

I asked about the tires because they looked low, I was told they are all set.

I checked when I got home and they were all over the Place from 78 lbs to 92 lbs. they are suppose to be 120 lbs.

Parts missing out of the Microwave, they could not get so I got them with a click of the mouse and billed them for it and everything else I fixed.

The List is much longer but I would get Typing Cramps.

They stepped up and paid me but What a bunch of Monkeys they have working on these vehicles.

It is a good thing I can fix just about anything or I would be in a Load of Trouble.

Sad.

Ted.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:45 PM   #13

We went to Mesa, because they were selling what we wanted for 10 to 15 grand less than Vegas. I was assured many times on the phone by the sales girl that the coach was all serviced and ready to go. I asked abouth the tires, she said they were good and if they were bad, they would have replaced them.
Seems like all the times I talked to her on the phone, she was more interested in talking trade in. We traded in our old 89 southwind, I tried to sell it locally but no luck for the price I was asking.

When we got down there, they rushed us through the whole procedure, I barely had a moment to really look things over. What really upset me was that they took an older couple in our coach to show it and we didnt even have our personal stuff out of it yet. When they realized our stuff was still in there, they moved on real quick.

When we left camping world and got on the freeway, the coach had a terrible vibration, thought it would shake apart. I called our sales girl and her reply was, our service department is closed, take it to camping world when you get it back to Vegas. I got off the freeway and pulled into a parking lot and made some phone calls to tire stores, mind you this was 4:00 pm last Saturday. Big O tire said they had a set in stock and would be happy to put them on for us.
When he pulled the tires off, there was a large bubble on one of the rear duals and the tires looked like they were starting to get some dry rot.

When I called CW back regarding the matter, they were upset that I replaced all the tires and not just one, says they dont want to reimburse me for the whole set. How many people here would buy just one tire and drive from Phoenix back to Vegas? Not me.

The other problem, I pulled the dipstick on the genny to find that the oil is barely on the stick and dirty. What happened to this full service that it was supposed to have? The dining table is damaged and they agreed during the sale to replace it, now the story is that it's on backorder and may take a while to get.
I will pursue this more and thank you to the members that provided the link for the company president contact, he'll probably be hearing from me.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:10 PM   #14

Gulf Streamers Club
I'm curious, was the unit sold with a limited warrantee or 'as is, where is'? Taking the word of someone over the phone and getting rushed through the deal, I think they saw you were in love with the unit and wanted to get papers signed before a proper inspection was done. I've had this tried on me at various car dealerships over the years, I learned to walk away and come back later. It calms them down. Also, never love something that can't love you back.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping