Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-19-2013, 01:36 PM   #15

add me to the never shop there again. They tried to pull a fast one with the washer/dryer. We walked! Its the new one down the street from lazy days near tampa. Ended up buying from lazy days and tickled still!!!!!!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-19-2013, 04:52 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The way I see it. You would never go to a prostitute for answers about religon nor do you go to Camping World for answers to yourTechnical questions or anything that requires an intelligent response. They both have their place but the end result will be the same for both.
Camping World is a good source for RV supplies. They are not the cheapest but they are handy and have most of your supply needs under one roof.
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:04 PM   #17

I had an extremely positive experience at the Statesville CW...they bent over backwards and still do with service...they DO have a few mechanics there that know what they are doing...
Jim Estes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:59 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Estes View Post
I had an extremely positive experience at the Statesville CW...they bent over backwards and still do with service...they DO have a few mechanics there that know what they are doing...
You are fortunate to have such a great experience . Hopefully they will all get their act together in due time. It will good for the whole industry. Having more good technicians out there would be good for all of us.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:53 AM   #19

They are under new management...I met him and he seems like a decent guy...and knows he has his work cut out for him...in fact he is also currently responsible for the Spartanburg and Asheville stores as well...so maybe CW realizes status quo want cut it in the long run...
Old 03-21-2013, 05:07 AM   #20

Quote:
x2 for the CW in Indianapolis!
Solask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:45 AM   #21

As others have said, CW is on a buying spree and buying RV dealers and slapping a Camping World sign on the front but they still have the same management, sales force, and unknown business practices. I have purchased two MH's from CW and the experience was vastly different between the two. I would buy again from the Greenwood, IN store but not the Akron, OH store.

I just spent the last two weeks camping at Lazydays (Tampa, FL) and they have a huge inventory and a sales force to match. There is a Camping World on site but the relationship between the two has gone south and they are not afraid to badmouth one another (bad form). Camping World opened a new store not far away with a full sales and service operation so I assume that the store at Lazydays will close...

Bottom line, bad service has more to do with the people then the sign on the front of the building.
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:17 AM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
They are under new management...I met him and he seems like a decent guy...and knows he has his work cut out for him...in fact he is also currently responsible for the Spartanburg and Asheville stores as well...so maybe CW realizes status quo want cut it in the long run...
I think you are right. The CW store that I go to has also put in a new manager. I spoke with him and he seems to understand the issues. I hope he can turn the store around. It would be nice to have a GOOD service shop close by.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:13 AM   #23

Quote:
Interesting, I am now in discussions with the new manager ( I was not aware he was new as we are yet to have a phone conversation ). So far so good, we will see soon where my complaint is going.I started at the "top" ? and my correspondence was shot over to this new store manager. I got a response the next day!...which surprised me considering the attitude that was coming from the sales staff.
Overall, CW as a whole was at one time a welcome port in the storm of limited servicing facilities at very high prices all around the country.. I am sure many here are not aware how things were in the 90s when I was on my first, then second Monaco Windsor. These few and far in between RV oasis had very good overall service, the stores were always secondary. During the 7 years I was on the road we took advantage of all the CW facilities whenever one was in our path of travel, whether we needed to or not, it was always a pleasant experience.In those days they did not sell pre-owned Coaches, only service...Now, as I look at whats become, it seems to be a perfect world to combine the two. I also am beginning to see the people problem that has magnified, possibility as a result of business expansion. As I began my second go around owning a DP and hitting the road for 2-3 years, I am sure i will see , in technicolor the results !
darstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:33 AM   #24

I hope they treat you well...are you referring to the Statesville CW?
Old 03-22-2013, 08:34 AM   #25

Quote:
I hope they treat you well...are you referring to the Statesville CW?
In general NO. My extended statement was meant to reflect my overall experiences with CW everywhere. In those days the whole concept of an independent, fair priced place to get service and add on's to your motor home was almost unheard of. Sort of like the Flying J's who tried to cater to the serious RVer, with separate fuel areas, dump outs, air,water , light service and an overall welcome. The truckers saw us as a pain in the you know what. Eventually they won out and the Flying J's lost a big part of what they had started. Not sure how its like today.
Regarding the Statesville CW , which prompted me to get on these threads and spill my guts if for no other reason than I was very frustrated with they way they treated me , over the phone ( I never made it to the store ) Last week-end was horrible for my desire to live a year or two longer, which when you are in your 70s is a big thing !! I have as of yesterday been promised by the new store manager, to be reimbursed for all my cost, including fuel,food,lodging, in driving 500 miles only to find in route there was a bad carfax on the Coach I had made an offer on and committed too. The jury is still out on what is being done to shape up the MH sales staff. In all honesty I never got an answer to what was going on with my deal as I had wished, maybe there is none ?...... I agree this store manager has a huge task in front of him , considering there are 3 stores to juggle. keeping all the balls in the air will be this Guy's main objective. ( he seldom stays put in any store very long, its mostly on the road, or as it seemed from our conversations yesterday ).For me, at this time, I will have to measure Statesville with other stores in comparison, due to my 7 years absent from the lifestyle.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:30 PM   #26

Finally something good about CW. CW in El Paso, Tx. Dumb driver drug the umbillical cord to death. Attempted to get it fixed in Midland Tx at an auto repair shop that said they could fix it, no way. Called CW enroute. They pushed back several appts so we could get the cord replaced and arrive at grandson's baptism on time. People were vry nice, place is awesome and had wi fi and free coffee/ Kudos to this CW
Old 04-20-2013, 08:35 AM   #27

CW has held true to its word, I received the check for my time and experience while I was in Dallas taking delivery of a 1996 Monaco Sig.I won on Ebay.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:52 PM   #28

Thor Owners Club
CW's we have visited met our expectations. We have been to many RV places and had some we truely would avoid that exhibited very poor customer service.
So far, of the CW's we have had perhaps the best of any of them.
Kro1957 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping