Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-28-2014, 08:04 PM   #29

Fleetwood Owners Club
I used to buy my camping stuff from Camping World, but am finding I can buy it cheaper on line or at Walmart. Why pay $25 a year to belong to a club that charges more than you can buy it elsewhere. As for service, the Kingston, NY store (formerly Campers Barn) has a terrible reputation for keeping motorhomes and trailers for weeks before doing anything and then botching the job when they are done.

StevieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2014, 08:15 PM   #30

Camping World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny068 View Post
Just like any other repair shop you have good and bad stories, I normally don't use CW either, they are 40 miles from here...

We did the other day run up there (Wilsonville OR) for chassis batteries. Didn't have a confirmed appointment...while this is usually bad when they say "we will work you in"...generally takes all day, to our surprise we were there less than and hour....

So in this case....good job...

Cool.
We have Swedesford, NJ and Ft Worth, TX and Wilsonville, OR that have done well with service.
Any others?

Service and products are separate categories. The topic is service and employee knowledge.
Products are always "buyer beware" and best compared online, and do not require going to the store.

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:20 PM   #31

I have bought some items from CW in the past. I was there just today to look around for a few items I need. Their price was, in one instance, DOUBLE what the price was at AutoZone for one item, and $6.00 more for one particular water regulator than I know I can (and did) buy it for from Amazon with free two day delivery.

I left with no purchases and disappointed.

Don
Old 07-28-2014, 08:36 PM   #32

We like Camping World for some things. HAd new Splendide washer/dryer installed and got a great deal on purchase and installation with quality, timely work. It's impossible to generalize
datrbone8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:56 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by datrbone8 View Post
We like Camping World for some things. HAd new Splendide washer/dryer installed and got a great deal on purchase and installation with quality, timely work. It's impossible to generalize

Super!
Where was the service done?

Old 07-29-2014, 12:47 PM   #34

Tucson, AZ. For the record they outsource their service to a nearby RV service company (or did at the time- last October). Dropped the coach off in the morning, came back 2 hours later and old washer/dryer was out and new one installed. No problems at all.

Just installed a new Fan Tastic vent fan. Price at CW was same as internet sources. The vent cover was actually $ 18 cheaper.
datrbone8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 02:02 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by datrbone8 View Post
Tucson, AZ. For the record they outsource their service to a nearby RV service company (or did at the time- last October). Dropped the coach off in the morning, came back 2 hours later and old washer/dryer was out and new one installed. No problems at all.

Just installed a new Fan Tastic vent fan. Price at CW was same as internet sources. The vent cover was actually $ 18 cheaper.

That's good news! I shop that store during the winter. I pre-shop online and usually pay less just because of no shipping fees. And the staff is great at knowing where items are and how things work.

Old 07-29-2014, 02:13 PM   #36

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Where? Tell Marcus.
I can say from experience.....he is NOT that easy to get a hold of! It took me two days when I had a $2,000 problem and that was after going on their website, RVNet to get his attention. You act like calling Marcus is like calling your best friend. It doesn't happen that way unless you have a direct line you would like to share.
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 02:43 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I can say from experience.....he is NOT that easy to get a hold of! It took me two days when I had a $2,000 problem and that was after going on their website, RVNet to get his attention. You act like calling Marcus is like calling your best friend. It doesn't happen that way unless you have a direct line you would like to share.

I have never had a need to contact him. RVNet must be the way to get it done.

Old 07-30-2014, 03:16 PM   #38
jpf

Gulf Streamers Club
when I picked up our new (to us) rv from CW columbia sc, the service manager had promised 8hrs preparation and some repairs. however they had cleaned nothing, repaired nothing, prepared nothing, fixed nothing, checked nothing, cared nothing, etc.
I wouldn't wizz on him if he was on fire, (dog might oblige though).
Old 07-30-2014, 03:48 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpf View Post
when I picked up our new (to us) rv from CW columbia sc, the service manager had promised 8hrs preparation and some repairs. however they had cleaned nothing, repaired nothing, prepared nothing, fixed nothing, checked nothing, cared nothing, etc.
I wouldn't wizz on him if he was on fire, (dog might oblige though).

Sounds like they consistently did nothing.
Old 07-30-2014, 08:49 PM   #40

CW San Antonio, Tx, great service, nice people.
CW Lakewood, NJ, needs stickers labeled ass and elbow
Old 08-02-2014, 06:37 AM   #41

My local RV dealer has become a Camping World recently.
Is CW a franchise one buys into? Or did CW purchase his dealership?

EricGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 07:23 AM   #42
Community Moderator

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricGT View Post
My local RV dealer has become a Camping World recently.
Is CW a franchise one buys into? Or did CW purchase his dealership?
Same thing happened to a dealer in Raleigh NC a few years ago. As far as I know CW's business model is to buy existing dealerships and apply a thin veneer of Camping World logos and stock the store with CW & Good Sam products. The underlying business is still the former dealership, same staff etc. At least that was the case in the Raleigh location. I think that may be part of the reason why there are good and bad CW locations around the country.

Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2012 Honda CRV on Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar. Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping