Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-27-2014, 06:18 PM   #15

Drove 75 miles to CW

Had them do and oil replacement on my 2007 Allegro Bay and on drive home had oil splashing up windshield. Got out to find they didn't put the dip stick all the way back in. Oil blowing up fill tube to windshield. WERE DONE
grizz427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-27-2014, 06:24 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizz427 View Post
Had them do and oil replacement on my 2007 Allegro Bay and on drive home had oil splashing up windshield. Got out to find they didn't put the dip stick all the way back in. Oil blowing up fill tube to windshield. WERE DONE

Where? Tell Marcus.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 12:14 AM   #17

Who is Marcus?
river11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 04:37 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by river11 View Post
Who is Marcus?

Marcus Lemonis is Chairman and CEO of Camping World and Good Sam.
Old 07-28-2014, 04:56 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
I actually took advantage of their $39 install @ the Fort Worth, Tx store for some items on our tow vehicle and they were done fine - not an issue out of them !

My wife is an all or nothing person too
JohnBoyToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 05:26 AM   #20

Ft worth store is good
whem2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 06:40 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Marcus Lemonis is Chairman and CEO of Camping World and Good Sam.
Yup, and before he took over CW they were great. Their only competition was the small mom and pop RV stores. Many of the CW stores actually had free camping with hook ups available. That was back in the 80s. Marcus Lemonis is taking good care of his investors not so much the RV customers. Read some of the complaints on RV net. There is no way I would let them touch my RV.
wyorancher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 06:52 AM   #22

Camping World

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyorancher View Post
Yup, and before he took over CW they were great. Their only competition was the small mom and pop RV stores. Many of the CW stores actually had free camping with hook ups available. That was back in the 80s. Marcus Lemonis is taking good care of his investors not so much the RV customers. Read some of the complaints on RV net. There is no way I would let them touch my RV.

Where did you have poor service?

I have had great service from this Camping World.
http://m.campingworld.com/stores/nj/swedesboro/36/

Have not had service at others.

Ft Worth has been touted as good on this thread. Why dont we post where all the good ones are?

I am not defending CW as a whole, but know there are good stores.
Old 07-28-2014, 09:51 AM   #23

Just like any other repair shop you have good and bad stories, I normally don't use CW either, they are 40 miles from here...

We did the other day run up there (Wilsonville OR) for chassis batteries. Didn't have a confirmed appointment...while this is usually bad when they say "we will work you in"...generally takes all day, to our surprise we were there less than and hour....

So in this case....good job...
Old 07-28-2014, 03:44 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny068 View Post
Just like any other repair shop you have good and bad stories, I normally don't use CW either, they are 40 miles from here...

We did the other day run up there (Wilsonville OR) for chassis batteries. Didn't have a confirmed appointment...while this is usually bad when they say "we will work you in"...generally takes all day, to our surprise we were there less than and hour....

So in this case....good job...
I try to learn by mistakes of others.
Old 07-28-2014, 04:01 PM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Bash, bash, bash!
All in one basket; blanket statement; one size fits all, this one was bad therefore....

I have had great service from this Camping World.
Swedesboro Camping World Store Location & Hours - Camping World

Have not had service at others.

If you have had BAD service anywhere, at least say which one. And then tell Marcus.
Sheesh!
I did! Was the hassle worth it....NO WAY! It cost CW $1,800 in body and paint work for the botched job they did in installing a new Winegard Traveler. They "really" thought I was going to accept this on a $200,000 MH. It was the Ft. Myers Fl store and Marcus did have to get involved. This IS the quality of work CW puts out and I am living proof!!! If you would like more photos, let me know.

The mess in front of the air horn is where the drilled the first hole trying to find the entertainment center and that is how they were going to leave it. The second photo is the glob of Dicor visible from the street. Real quality work.....not!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mr. Fedora's Coach 001 (Small).jpg
Views:	122
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	69281   Click image for larger version

Name:	top glob.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	69282  

A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 04:07 PM   #26

We stop at Camping World locations for items occasionally when traveling. Never for their actual service.

I would enjoy watching the trucks race more if NASCAR guys like Kyle Busch would stay away. Appears he likes to be a big fish in a small pond.

okgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 06:22 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post

I did! Was the hassle worth it....NO WAY! It cost CW $1,800 in body and paint work for the botched job they did in installing a new Winegard Traveler. They "really" thought I was going to accept this on a $200,000 MH. It was the Ft. Myers Fl store and Marcus did have to get involved. This IS the quality of work CW puts out and I am living proof!!! If you would like more photos, let me know.

The mess in front of the air horn is where the drilled the first hole trying to find the entertainment center and that is how they were going to leave it. The second photo is the glob of Dicor visible from the street. Real quality work.....not!!!!!
I don't have to run a stop sign to realize it is not a good idea. I don't have to have my rv damaged to realize It wasn't a good idea going to CW. I realize there probably is a few really good CW stores and service. However, Marcus is the problem not the solution. I let others experience the problems and learn from it. Marcus may be a good PR guy but his priorty is investors not RVers. Marcus has destroyed CW and close to bankruptsy closed deal on GS club. Now GS is going down fast. GS profits is carrying CW. Just read the posts on RV net. ERS is now going bad. When I renew it will be with coach net. Look at CW web site. Antiquated. Marcus is pulling out profits for investors and not putting anything back in. If you want to take your RV to CW for repair or buy from them it is your $$$$. I will be reading about you in future posts. JMHO.
Old 07-28-2014, 06:49 PM   #28

It's my (opinion) a word used from another thread, the employees cannot be RV technicians or Rv owners because they would no better. If I was brobox and I had a wire running down my roof, let's say it would not be a pretty picture.

Tags
camping