Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-24-2014, 01:18 PM   #43

Send a message via MSN to KennyGolub
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
TeJay, I agree, I also report bad service, first hand or second hand. Not to profit myself, but to improve the business for all. One of the websites for reporting RV service:

RV Service Reviews

Sadly it's not as well utilized as it should be.
CW in Akron, Ohio is listed under their old name, Sirpilla RV and they have the highest number of poor reviews listed in Ohio. Sadly, I bought mine there and will not take it there for work, unless I absolutely have to.

KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2014, 06:49 PM   #44

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
If you were dealing with a Camping World employee, you might clue them in.....

Marcus Lemonis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Marcus Lemonis is the President and CEO of Camping World.
In all fairness, Marcus Lemonis is a long way from Greg L. I was actually wondering who Greg L. was myself.. Is Greg L. his secret code name? If Marcus feels they should be able to fix any problems, then we agree. It's not a pipe dream.

StevieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 07:33 PM   #45

Ford Super Duty Owner
Sorry for the misleading name. I don't know why I called him Greg L. when I know it's Marcus.
That's the first mistake I've made in aaaahh well you know.

TeJay
Old 11-24-2014, 08:23 PM   #46

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeJay View Post
Sorry for the misleading name. I don't know why I called him Greg L. when I know it's Marcus.
That's the first mistake I've made in aaaahh well you know.

TeJay
Hey, I thought I made a mistake once, but I was wrong!

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 01:20 PM   #47

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cenfl View Post
Sounds nice; but reality is: house goes to RV dealer, chassis goes to Ford, AND I had to take the coach to Cummins for a warranty issue with the generator. I have spent a lot of RV'ing time on this circuit.

I concur. It is simply better in my view to ensure that the manufacturer's authorized service centers perform all and any necessary service, so when work is to be performed I am off to either Onan, Cummins, Frieghtliner, or CW depending on my service need. Although Ford built or assembled my wife's Thunderbird, Jeep built our Rubicon, I expect a one-stop-shop for their repairs and service. But the coach's Freightliner chassis was built in Gafney, SC and the Itasca body built in Forest City, and so on. My preference is have a shop do the work that is best qualified and tooled to do so, and depending on the work that is not always CW.

Chris & Deb - North Venice, FL - 2014 Itasca Ellipse 42QD - Toad: 2014 Jeep Rubicon
ChrisKW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 07:13 PM   #48

Trust me you don't want a RV tech working on your engine..I had 2 MB and the last one I had worked on at a local dealer and 400 miles later it caught on fire...They had to buy me a new one.. It was not a MB dealer... It was minor engine repair work..I take my generator to a local Onan repair shop...

gtony2
Old 01-02-2015, 08:45 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtony2 View Post
Trust me you don't want a RV tech working on your engine...
Absolutively. This kind of stuff is how some RV owners manufacture their own problems. The vehicle dealer shop does warranty work on my drivetrain, an Onan-approved workstation does warranty work on my generator, and Camping World works on, well... nothing.
Old 01-03-2015, 03:42 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCcamper1 View Post
We purchased a new View. The Mercedes motor was having issues and the generator . The local Camping World in Panama City Fla has NO one to work on either. We purchased the Motor Home from Dothan Ala Camping World. Being told that the best reason to purchase from Camping World is because they have a Camping World most places, it can be worked on. Granted the View was more at Camping World but hey, saying it can be worked on anywhere was the buying point. They got the money and we got screwed ! So NO Camping World 4 total can fix the View, the Service Manger here said OH WELL we can't work on it. WE paid to have the engine fixed, even though it has a warranty, got to drive it. Now they stated we have to take the motorhome 6 hrs away to be fixed, that company said plan on 2 days in the shop. So 4 days to get the generator fixed. I asked if they would tow it . I was told I was only a generator...... Well We can't take off 4 days of work to get it fixed. Did I say he bought it brand new it is still under warranty. Camping World is the worst to back up a purchase.
Did you happen to notice and read the large sign above the service desk? It states (in effect) they do not perform warranty work for any engine or chassis manufacturer.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 03:49 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyGolub View Post
CW in Akron, Ohio is listed under their old name, Sirpilla RV and they have the highest number of poor reviews listed in Ohio. Sadly, I bought mine there and will not take it there for work, unless I absolutely have to.
A large number of CW stores are officially still the same dealership. The legal papers (for example only) state: Surpilla RV dba Camping World of Akron. Same thing for the CW Greenwood store, it states Stouts RV, dba Camping World of Indianapolis.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping