Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-02-2007, 06:23 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Just had the worst trip to Camping World ever. Last week called both my local CW. The new one in Lakewood, NJ is so busy they keep putting me on hold [3 times for 20 minutes each than would pick up and ask who I was waiting for] So I called the CW in Bridgeport, NJ. Set up appointment to have hidden hitch removed from the toad.

Went there on 5/26/07 found that the base plate on the 04 Liberty did not work on the 07 Liberty
so they did not remove it but, they did remove all the other equipment for my braking system.

Set up appointment to reinstall new base plate and braking system for 6/1/07. This the part that has me p--- off and they knew it. I was told that I had to be there at CW [which is a 2.5 hour ride for me] at 8am for my 8:30 appointment. Asked what I needed to bring and was told just the toad.

Arrivied at 8am and was subjected to a whole host of things including
where your MH Ans wasn't told it was needed
we need a wiring diagram Ans wasn't told I needed it.
The next response was "How are going to know which wire goes where." Told them 7 pin at the MH to a 4 pin at the toad."
My answer and response to this was I only was told I needed the toad that your people knew what they were doing and this is where I had the previous work done.
The next thing I did was point out the 2 persons that told me just the car.{mistake-one of them was the person who was scheduling the work}
As a result my toad never was took in to be worked on until I left the waiting room and saw it still outside at 9:45am. When I asked why it was still outside the remark was make "oh we'll get to it in in a minute. Finely at 10:30 it went into the shop.

It was amazing that the work was completed at 4:20pm just in time for the shop to close for the day.

At the end of the day everyone was so nice, do they really think they can bark at you in the morning and then kiss your butt in the afternoon and you will forget every thing.
Thanks for letting me vent, but are all CW getting this way now that they are getting bigger.

THE ABOVE PROBLEM WAS ONLY WITH THE 2 OF THE COUNTER PEOPLE NOT THE PEOPLE IN THE SHOP

THE MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE, IT MUST BE OPEN TO WORK
read & learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2007, 06:23 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Just had the worst trip to Camping World ever. Last week called both my local CW. The new one in Lakewood, NJ is so busy they keep putting me on hold [3 times for 20 minutes each than would pick up and ask who I was waiting for] So I called the CW in Bridgeport, NJ. Set up appointment to have hidden hitch removed from the toad.

Went there on 5/26/07 found that the base plate on the 04 Liberty did not work on the 07 Liberty
so they did not remove it but, they did remove all the other equipment for my braking system.

Set up appointment to reinstall new base plate and braking system for 6/1/07. This the part that has me p--- off and they knew it. I was told that I had to be there at CW [which is a 2.5 hour ride for me] at 8am for my 8:30 appointment. Asked what I needed to bring and was told just the toad.

Arrivied at 8am and was subjected to a whole host of things including
where your MH Ans wasn't told it was needed
we need a wiring diagram Ans wasn't told I needed it.
The next response was "How are going to know which wire goes where." Told them 7 pin at the MH to a 4 pin at the toad."
My answer and response to this was I only was told I needed the toad that your people knew what they were doing and this is where I had the previous work done.
The next thing I did was point out the 2 persons that told me just the car.{mistake-one of them was the person who was scheduling the work}
As a result my toad never was took in to be worked on until I left the waiting room and saw it still outside at 9:45am. When I asked why it was still outside the remark was make "oh we'll get to it in in a minute. Finely at 10:30 it went into the shop.

It was amazing that the work was completed at 4:20pm just in time for the shop to close for the day.

At the end of the day everyone was so nice, do they really think they can bark at you in the morning and then kiss your butt in the afternoon and you will forget every thing.
Thanks for letting me vent, but are all CW getting this way now that they are getting bigger.

THE ABOVE PROBLEM WAS ONLY WITH THE 2 OF THE COUNTER PEOPLE NOT THE PEOPLE IN THE SHOP

THE MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE, IT MUST BE OPEN TO WORK
read & learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 06:42 AM   #3

Camping World got to big for me 6 years ago. I called the one in Myrtle Beach that my norcold frig was on recall and it needed the cooling unit. I called a week ahead of time so it would be there when I got there. When I arrived they said they couldn't get hold of the Norcold people. Said they would try again,to check back the next day. In the mean time I got another shop to get it for me,no problem getting the unit in. Heres the kicker.
Camping World said it would take 6 hours to do the work, the other place did it in 2 hours.

Get service anywhere but,Camping World.

Joe
full-timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 04:14 PM   #4
paz

I have only had work done once at Camping World. It was warranty work (HWH jacks) done in Mission, TX. I guess I was lucky because everything went well. They talked to HWH, ordered the correct parts, and scheduled my work within a week. The work was completed satisfactorily the same day.

The reason I went to CW was that they told me they could get me scheduled in about a week, which they did. I previously called several RV dealers and repair services and the soonest any of them could schedule the work was 3 weeks out. As full-timers, we didn't want to be tied down by a 3 week schedule and we wanted the jacks repaired ASAP because we use our motor home every day.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 06:37 PM   #5

We've had mixed luck with CW when it comes to repairs or installations. The last work I had done there was a satellite dish installed. The did start the job on time as promised, but they bent one of the slide out locks (removed and rpaired it without any additional problem). The dish worked well and we had no leaks.

I have noticed though that the phone seems to ring off the hook there alot, and there's no one to answer it. They just kind of ignore it. (This is in New Braumfels, TX).
If interested, come visit us in the iRV2 Chatters chat room. We're there just about every evening from about 8:30pm eastern until about 10:00pm. It's a great bunch of folks!

Skip- Kerrville, TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 06:02 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
We enjoy browsing at CW, get a lot of ideas. Buy very little there as we can get better deals from RV stores, Wal-Mart, and the Web.

Never been impressed with the service either as an observer or a customer. They are busy and don't seem to have the time for attention to my questions.

I have wondered if CW personnel are paid a spiff on club member sign-up's insurance quotes, and campground memberships, 'cause that is what they are after us for while we are there.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:57 PM   #7

The CEO of Camping World and Freedom Roads, Mark Lemonus(sorry if I spelled your name wrong) has posted to the Open Roads Forum recently(Stouts RV now Camping World thread). You might get your message(s) to him through this thread or locate his post and PM him.

UPDATE: It appears that thread has been deleted, including any reference to him.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 03:29 PM   #8

I always keep a Camping World catalog to peruse while "ruling the throne"...Everything just kinda seems to fit together, IMO...

And/or, anytime I need a little giggle or laugh to pick me up--I peruse the CW catalog or website for their outstanding prices, especially on the "let us install it" qoutes...

I just call 'em like I see 'em...Must be why I love spending 8 1/2 months out of the year on a baseball field dressed in blue..
Old 06-14-2007, 01:17 PM   #9

We had a Splendide washer/dryer installed in our Monaco Diplomat by CW in Ft Meyers Florida in 2006 and they quoted a price and gave us a date. The install was done very well, on time and for the amount quoted.
Road Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 02:25 PM   #10

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Monaco Diplomat by CW in Ft Meyers Florida in 2006 and they quoted a price and gave us a date. The install was done very well, on time and for the amount quoted.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll chime in saying I've had all good experiences with CW in Draper, Utah. They have been friendly and professional. I'm on a 1st-name basis with the manager -- but for GOOD reasons.
rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 05:52 PM   #11

Mid Atlantic Campers
He's yer brother inlaw ?

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote