Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-13-2017, 04:38 AM   #15

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have gotten service work done at the Camping World near me in Rogers MN. They have done a decent job. I have not bought a rig there, and I do stop for different things for my motorhome that I cant find anywhere else. Sorry to hear all the negativity about Camping World. I think it is a good store and it serves a purpose.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-13-2017, 05:07 AM   #16

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by inlineskater View Post
I have gotten service work done at the Camping World near me in Rogers MN. They have done a decent job. I have not bought a rig there, and I do stop for different things for my motorhome that I cant find anywhere else. Sorry to hear all the negativity about Camping World. I think it is a good store and it serves a purpose.
You must be one of the very few fortunate ones, I purchased a motorhome from them in 2015 with skeptical thoughts, I should have paid attention, it was the worst purchase I ever made and have never been treated so badly by someone selling me something in my life! They will never get a second chance. Glad you got some satisfaction. Tread lightly they are just one sale away from being your worst enemy
Old 12-13-2017, 07:00 AM   #17

We live in Canada with no Camping World locations here.
When travelling throughout the US we look forward to going into a CW for the retail side of their business, love the selection, but always feel as a consumer, I need to have some idea of competitive pricing.
Yes, online sellers may be cheaper, but then I need to wait for a delivery and that is not always an option while travelling.
I have never used their service department, nor would I ever go to CW to purchase a new RV, I've heard too many complaints from people and interestingly, no one ever compliments them!
The one thing I have noticed is that CW do not send out flyers or online sale notices like they did back a few years ago. Today, I need to hunt to find their sales.
My sense is that CW are focusing more on RV sales than RV accessories now.
As for Good Sam, I did switch my Road Side Coverage from CAA to Good Sam because the benefits were greater and the cost significantly better.
I am not married to any company and prepared to shop around for the best overall package I can get for my RV, Cars, and Motorcycle.
If Good Sam benefits are no longer the best for me, then I will change again.
I have never looked into FMAC, but will next time.
Old 12-13-2017, 09:15 AM   #18

As others have said, Good Sam, Camping World and Motorhome Magazine, are all the same company.

None of them have anything to do with FMCA or the FMCA magazine titled "Family Motor Coaching".
Old 12-13-2017, 09:49 AM   #19

i like CW, but I have never had repairs done there. I am a good sams life member. Fun to look through the stores but really do not buy much. Still it is a good place for stuff!
Old 12-13-2017, 05:35 PM   #20

I go in, get popcorn and a Diet Mtn Dew, walk around and take pics of what I am interested in, then usually get it through Amazon.
Old 12-13-2017, 06:47 PM   #21

Foretravel Owners Club
Being that I had CW replace 2 A/C units and swapped out the King Dome satellite and OTA antennea's...Did not realize that they will do it their way, nevermind that I told & showed them where to run all the coax's (on our coach there are cable race channels on both sides of the coach near the roof & behind the cabinetry.
ONLY took $9,000 to repair the roof and straighten out all the wiring misdeeds..........

NEVER EVER AGAIN!
(the only service of theirs I will use is the "Dump Station"" just to give them some more sh&t)
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
Old 12-13-2017, 11:39 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlesore View Post
Being that I had CW replace 2 A/C units and swapped out the King Dome satellite and OTA antennea's...Did not realize that they will do it their way, nevermind that I told & showed them where to run all the coax's (on our coach there are cable race channels on both sides of the coach near the roof & behind the cabinetry.
ONLY took $9,000 to repair the roof and straighten out all the wiring misdeeds..........

NEVER EVER AGAIN!
(the only service of theirs I will use is the "Dump Station"" just to give them some more sh&t)
I've heard some horror stories about Camping World's service department(s), but this wins the grand prize. Whoever it was that came up with "you can't fix stupid" must have been watching this entire event unfold.
Old 12-14-2017, 06:49 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlesore View Post

NEVER EVER AGAIN!
Funny you say that Camping World Tampa had my new coach for 3 months to repair and never resolved the issues it was there for.

Thor took my coach to a competing dealer a week or so after taking it from CW. I told the Thor rep that i didnt have time to empty my tanks from a weekend trip but would gladly stop by CW to use their dump station ( Got year of free Good Sam when i purchased so dumping if free)after Thor finished the repairs at the competing dealer.

Dumping my week old sewage would be the only reason i would set foot on CW property!
Old 12-14-2017, 12:52 PM   #24
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
The problem with Camping World is just like any other large company. There is NO personal ownership of the stores. They don't pay well enough to get quality employees, so you'll never really see an experienced technician at one of their stores.

The same holds true with the and their RV sales people, shamsters who couldn't get a sales job elsewhere.

I haven't been to one of their stores in six years, but went there four months ago looking to buy a specific chair they had. When I walked in, I thought I was in the wrong place. The entire front third of the store was all pet food and pet items. Not only do I stay away from Camping World for RV products, I certainly wouldn't buy pet products from them.
Old 12-14-2017, 02:45 PM   #25

i guess i am the exception. i have never had a problem or a disappointment
with camping world. that includes body work,installs and off the shelf items.
i am the type of person that wants to have it now and touch it before i buy it .
we have three camping worlds in the metro area so one is always handy.
Old 12-14-2017, 02:58 PM   #26

The customer service reps at my local Walmart go to CW when they wanna feel good about themselves
Old 12-15-2017, 07:01 AM   #27

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Two comments..
As somweone posted Affiniity (Good Sams, Woodalls, CW, some on line forums and several campgrounds) owns the magazine so naturally they support themselves..

As for the FMCA vote.. I got multiple E-mails and such, but still do not know how this will play out.. I basically did not care which way the vote went so I did not vote.. I can see both advantages and disadvantages and feel they are balanced.. Unlike many other issues where I do vote
Old 12-15-2017, 11:22 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_camper View Post
The customer service reps at my local Walmart go to CW when they wanna feel good about themselves
That's FUNNY! Thanks for the laugh!!!!
Closed Thread

Tags
camping, camping world