Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-28-2013, 03:25 PM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
not good!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2013, 03:41 PM   #16

How sad. We never had CW work on any of our RVs so I have no opinion there. The only thing I'm not happy about is a $200 ice-maker that quit after 18 months. It was only used the 3 months we were in Florida so it's like brand new. I was told, in so many words, "It's out of warranty so tough nuggies." We replaced it with a cheapo unit from WalMart. We bought the first one from CW because we thought it was better quality. It wasn't. My husband checked it out and can't figure out what's wrong with it or how to repair it - $200 down the toilet.

Old 05-28-2013, 03:52 PM   #17

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We did have work done at a CW, somewhere between 2000 and 2002. Had them replace a 400 watt inverter with a 2,500 watt one. Thought they would wire it as they should be wired and they didn't. They wired it so EVERYTHING that was 120 volt in the MH ran off the inverter, including the refer AND the two heat pumps. Yep, I could run them (for a very short time) off the inverter and batteries.
Have never been back for much of anything since then, not even many accessories as I can usually find them elsewhere cheaper anyway.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:35 PM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpspuck View Post
So here is the latest on my issue with Camping World of Golden CO. Our coach ended up staying two weeks for what should have been a two day repair visit for warranty items that were related to the PDI. A tech quit so the delays became my problem.

On Saturday we went to pick up the unit and found that it was unlocked on their lot. The Service Manager insisted that it was just moved and they were going to relock it. (We have had a past history with our prior coach being left unlocked). This is where it got really bad. We entered the unit and found a DVD - (not ours) on the counter. The floor was very dirty. The sink had fresh coffee poured in it. The toilet had been used and not flushed. The bed looked like someone had been in it. All the service manager could do was mutter "this can't happen"....

When we brought the unit in, it was spottless. We had just washed, waxed and cleaned the interior from our first trip. The unit is less than 6 weeks old.

Our privacy has been violated. No one from the dealership or Camping World has responded. I have posted on RV.Net, sent Marcus emails and called the dealership.

They just don't care.
Yuck. Sorry this happened to you; I hope it hasn't spoiled your enjoyment of your new RV. I have read of the same thing happening to another iRV2 member's motorhome at a dealership in Houston (not CW). Really disgusting--and unprofessional of them to not step up and respond to you.

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:44 AM   #19
doc

Appalachian Campers
Sadly there are hundreds of stories like these. We do not do CW repairs for this reason. Warranty work might be a different story if we were to buy a rig from them, but we don't trust them. A friend has just bought a high dollar 5th wheel and had a couple of small issues with correcting factory neglected problems. Salesman said they would get in on and out in two days tops. Didn't happen and he finally had to go get it (unrepaired) for a very important trip they had been planned for several months prior to their purchase. Apparently sales and service communicate only when they are doing a delivery prep.
We found a small shop with a very dedicated young guy (whom I suspect will one day be the owner) who likes to do RV work and will make it right from the start.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:21 AM   #20

It's not just restricted to CW. I took my 5er in to an RV repair shop (that is no longer open) for extensive repairs and when the mechanic put my sink counter back in, he used off the shelf drywall screws. When I went to inspect it with the shop owner, I found two bare screws sticking ~1" into the bathroom. The tech also lost my door latch - he "gave" me a new one. There were several other things he didn't complete or were missing.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:03 PM   #21

Unfortunatly as a Good Sam member, and C2C owner, Camping world is part of that group. I believe I would Lawyer up, and send them a note.
rollondown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:55 PM   #22

Sorry to hear what has happened to you at CW. I took my rig to CW once to have the generator serviced, simply because I didn't feel like crawling under the rig. I went to pay the bill and could not believe how much they were charging me. Then I was informed that they changed the month old oil and filter in the engine instead of the genset. They made it right, but in the process eroded my confidence beyond repair.

As to the non-response from Lemonis, I am surprised. About a year ago, I had an issue and we exchanged so many emails that I thought we were kin. He did resolve my issue and as a result of my inconvenience, I got a full year of platinum roadside service for free. I hope that he personally responds to you.
RBK394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:20 PM   #23

mlemonis@campingworldrv.com is the email address I responded to when I was asked to participate in a focus group.

tpspuck, I hope the same doesn't happen to our coach. It is at CW now-in storage because the 30 day temporary license tag expired while they were working on it.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:55 PM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
Get your coach out of that CW if it is drivable before thy do some serious damage. Many CW sales locations are not owned by CW but license the CW name. Your manufacturer can authorize waranty repairs at another facility.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:07 PM   #25

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
X2. Camping World had our new 5er for 8 months....need I say more. Thor factory told us warranty work could be done at any Thor dealer. Don't leave it there any longer, these guys have no idea about customer service.
JudyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:50 AM   #26

I see from the other web site that the OP has had his issue elevated to the executive level for resolution. Unfortunately that thread is now closed. Hopefully the OP will post back a favorable resolution on both this and the other site.
Kazoo Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 07:41 AM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
OP Please keep us posted
Old 06-02-2013, 08:35 AM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpspuck View Post
So here is the latest on my issue with Camping World of Golden CO. Our coach ended up staying two weeks for what should have been a two day repair visit for warranty items that were related to the PDI. A tech quit so the delays became my problem.

On Saturday we went to pick up the unit and found that it was unlocked on their lot. The Service Manager insisted that it was just moved and they were going to relock it. (We have had a past history with our prior coach being left unlocked). This is where it got really bad. We entered the unit and found a DVD - (not ours) on the counter. The floor was very dirty. The sink had fresh coffee poured in it. The toilet had been used and not flushed. The bed looked like someone had been in it. All the service manager could do was mutter "this can't happen"....

When we brought the unit in, it was spottless. We had just washed, waxed and cleaned the interior from our first trip. The unit is less than 6 weeks old.

Our privacy has been violated. No one from the dealership or Camping World has responded. I have posted on RV.Net, sent Marcus emails and called the dealership.

They just don't care.
Actually, I would have filed a police report. This wasn't what you contracted for and someone was obviously living in your RV. No different from if you came home from a trip and found this in your home. And I would post that in an email to CW and Lemonis and the various forums as well.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
baraff is online now   Reply With Quote