Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-03-2012, 10:42 AM   #15
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
One shortcoming that I have found to be very noticeable at Camping World RV service stores is that good service and positive service outcomes relies heavily on the individual store. Some have great mechanics and service people who are knowledgeable and really have good customer relations and some appear to just try to get by with marginal employees who may or may not have the abilities to deal successfully with complicated RV issues. I guess that in the end, it is like many service-related companies today; they have difficulty finding and keeping good service personnel. You would think with the employment picture and the business sector (especially the RV business) being what it is presently, that more effort would be forthcoming to train service personnel to provide the ultimate in customer service to ensure future business. Sorry to hear of your inconvenience and hope that all turns out well for you.

bronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-03-2012, 12:34 PM   #16
Tiffin Owners Club
Thank you for the email address catonine.

Allegro Open Road TGA Ford & Saturn Vue
bobnshirlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:03 PM   #17

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Originally Posted by Ed-Sommers View Post
Stuff happens, and it happens to all of us! So just because something happened to YOU, you post a "beware" message?

Good god, y0u must have a lot of stress in your life. I'm not getting on the bandwagon of support for this!

I, personally, appreciate the OP's post. CW is obviously having some operational problems and I'm glad to be made aware of them. I now know that if I have any dealings with them involving appointments, that I will make sure I'm talking to the local store and not a remote call center.

Good information!
Dave & Jo Ann
'08 HitchHiker Champagne 35LKRSB | '11 F350 Lariat 6.7PSD
Half Dimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:15 PM   #18
After my experience with Camping World in Katy TX butchering my trailer, I wouldn't let them change a turn signal light...
Bear25314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 04:06 PM   #19
Two different post on CW....Will make you think twice before having work done.
CSM, U.S. Army, Retired, Combat Vet, and proud of it!! Live a good life....it's not the number of years in your life....it's the LIFE in those years that matters!
longarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:07 PM   #20
Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks to all that responded with good advice. We did email Mr. Lemonis and he responded right away that he would take care of it. We will update this post and let everyone know the resolution once we find out.
Old 03-03-2012, 05:37 PM   #21
Well we live between two CWs each approx 40 miles away. I wouldn't trust either to do any work for me. We had slide toppers installed by them, but they didn't install the anti-billow device. When I questioned the Service Manager I was told those devices were only on A&E toppers and they only installed Dometic. Wow, last I knew A&Es were made by Dometic. Once we got around that they wanted to know exactly what I was talking about, so they brought out a new kit and I pointed to the subject devices and now his comment was "Oh, we throw those pieces away". So you think I'm trusting them to do any work.....NOT And the other CW near us isn't any better.
2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LT Ext Cab 4x4 Duramax/Allison, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Disc Brakes, Mor/ryde IS, GY 17.5" H tires, 5.5K Onan, Dual ACs, auto level, auto sat dish, stacked washer/dryer, residential fridge, King sleep number. Michelle & Ann
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:45 PM   #22
Fleetwood Owners Club
Sounds like interference from an outsider messed up your experience, not the folks from the CW location. You should consider giving them another chance to make good.

I had work done on my coach in December at the Burlington WA location and dealt with only one person by design. By doing so, I was able to build a relationship with a service adviser who was very knowledgeable and helpful.

He kept me informed of the progress including the hidden problems that were found during the course of the repair/installation and the work was done on time. I'm very satisfied. As a result, I'd go back to this CW location for additional work if needed.
95f5334j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:10 AM   #23
Winnebago Owners Club
Originally Posted by bobnshirlene View Post
We agree that there should be some type of reimbursement or compensation offered but that hasn't happened at this point.
Have you ASKED? They're certainly not going to offer the reimbursement unless pressed to do so.
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul
LindaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:12 PM   #24
Tiffin Owners Club
Update to post, we were contacted by the Manager of Camping World in Bryon. He of course apologized and said that he had been contacted by the Corporate office about the problem He said he discussed this issue with three or four staff members in Byron and thinks that he understands what happened. The bracket was not ordered with the cylinder but the bracket is not needed with every cylinder so the Corporate person didn't know that a bracket was needed when he made the appt. He said that we would receive a $25.00 certificate from Corporate for our trouble. Camping World Byron completed the installation of the stablizer so we will see if it helps with the swaying and blowing in the wind. We didn't have a good experience when we were paying for the stablizer because the price quoted wasn't the price charged. There was an additional $50.00 for "supplies used for installation". We were told that their system calculates a supply fee based on the amount of the product purchase. We did complain and the supply charge was removed. Lessons learned for us...always verify and re-verify every time we talk to anyone to make sure they are calling from the store we are working with. Call the day before the appt. to make sure all parts are in and confirm the appt. again. Also ask when a price is quoted if that is the total price.
We would like to thank everyone again for their suggestions and advice.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:33 PM   #25
Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
If the store knew this problem arose routinely a simple heads up to call them directly would have been the correct thing to do. Nuf Sed!!!

Grimesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:18 PM   #26
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thank you for the update.
John & Cathy R.
06 Pace Arrow 38L W24
08 Lincoln MKX AWD
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:37 PM   #27
iRV2 No Limits Club
We've only had CW work on one rig, our 2000 DSDP. Had them remove the 400W inverter to a 2000W. For the price they charged I expected more of the installation. All they did was wire in the new one and was not done correctly as I could run the heat pumps off the inverter and had to remember to manually switch the refer to gas. I guess I expected more for the $300 installation fee.
2009 45' Magna 630 w/Cummins ISX 650 HP/1950 Lbs Ft
Charter Good Sam Lifetime Member, FMCA, SKP
RV'ing since 1957, NRA Benefactor Life, towing '05 Odyssey
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:37 PM   #28
National RV Owners Club
Just read in the business section of our paper that a CW will be opening in our area. Eastern WA. For sure we will go browse in the store, but we have been very well treated by a local mama-papa rv sales and service and have found a great locally owned truck service/repair shop so even if CW had all gold stars, I do believe in supporting the locally owned businesses. CW may sell us accessories not available at locally owned shops, but now I am going to wait for feedback for any maintenance services only available at CW.

ka7suz is offline   Reply With Quote