Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-18-2014, 04:34 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Camping World in Oakwood, GA

I bought an EvenBrake on the road (SW Virginia) in 2011 when my Blue Ox unit failed. I also purchased the extended warranty from Camping World. A couple of weeks later, the unit failed in Canada. On the way back to Georgia, I had the unit replaced at the Camping World in Spartanburg, SC.

The replacement unit worked well until 2013, when it failed multiple times. I took it to the Camping World in Oakwood Georgia and it suddenly worked again. This Camping World refused to replace it and charged me $60 for determining that it was working.

I cannot recommend either the Even Brake or Camping World - especially the Oakwood store. Yes the unit is working for the moment but I cannot depend on it. The Camping World extended warranty is worthless and I cannot believe that they had the nerve to charge me for refusing to honor the warranty.
Steve Kiemele is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-18-2014, 09:44 PM   #2

If you're not satisfied with Camping World, contact the company at:
Camping World Corporate Office Headquarters
650 Three Springs Road Bowling Green, KY 42104
Phone Number: 1-270-781-2718
Marcus A. Lemonis CEO/President
Mark J. Boggess COO

Upper management of such operations just about freak out whenever a retail customer contacts them directly. Be short, be sweet and tell them what you want.

One of their whole goals in doing business is to not receive any negative visibility from their remote operations. They know things are bound to happen in such an operation, but they don't want to hear about it.
Bamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 12:42 PM   #3
mdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kiemele View Post
The replacement unit worked well until 2013, when it failed multiple times. I took it to the Camping World in Oakwood Georgia and it suddenly worked again. This Camping World refused to replace it and charged me $60 for determining that it was working.

I cannot recommend either the Even Brake or Camping World - especially the Oakwood store.
I feel the same...

Stopped in at the large RV dealership in Oakwood, GA...this is the same dealership I was talking to online.... once the receptionist finished answering three calls (not her fault) she found us a salesperson.....but he constantly was was answering and sending text messages.....After looking at a Thor, we asked to see a Winnebago and were shown the 2014 Minnie Winnie 25B.. which we both liked even though it didn't have any slides.... each time I asked a question he was on his cellphone texting... I asked for the MSRP on the unit and he said it was around 90K but he could get us in it for 60K.... after showing us three he said he had a MH to check in and had us fill out a card and we were on our own.....
mdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 06:23 AM   #4

It's a shame that you didn't get the salesman's name. Management would probably not like his actions.

I too go to Oakwood often for parts and supplies when we're camping in Helen, and it's truly a busy place. But there's no need for any salesman to take any text messages or cell phone calls when a customer's serious about a purchase.
Bamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 12:02 PM   #5
mdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
It's a shame that you didn't get the salesman's name. Management would probably not like his actions.
I got his name on the card in my wallet... never have received a follow-up call or anything but that's as I expected... I keep his card to remind me not to ever deal with this person in the unlikely event I ever return there...
mdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 12:58 PM   #6

I know for a fact the oakwood store has a problem,my opinion there problem is their service advisors are not technicians and don't know how to repair only schedule appointments. All stores should have a person that will come out to your rig and see what needs to be done or come out to see what wasn't done correctly and go chew someone's ass out.
Old 05-26-2014, 01:24 PM   #7

Send a message via AIM to mike.t Send a message via MSN to mike.t Send a message via Yahoo to mike.t
Well our nightmare is the Valencia CA. location. Bought a King Jack antenna on line at C/W. need to input a code to make it work. Called said Camping World. Guy couldn't help me but asked for my name and PH#. he said a tech would call me back. That was 3 days ago and nothing. Oh forgot. I bought my 27' bunk house from this dealer as well.
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 01:33 PM   #8

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kiemele View Post
I bought an EvenBrake on the road (SW Virginia) in 2011 when my Blue Ox unit failed. I also purchased the extended warranty from Camping World. A couple of weeks later, the unit failed in Canada. On the way back to Georgia, I had the unit replaced at the Camping World in Spartanburg, SC.

I cannot recommend either the Even Brake or Camping World - especially the Oakwood store. Yes the unit is working for the moment but I cannot depend on it. The Camping World extended warranty is worthless and I cannot believe that they had the nerve to charge me for refusing to honor the warranty.

Not getting the beef here- they replaced it the first time, no questions asked. When you took the second unit in, it turned out not to be broken, and evidently working as it should/continues to do. They spent shop time looking for a "warranty-covered problem" that turned out not to exist, and charged you for that time.

In what way didn't they honor the warranty?
Francesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 01:46 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post

Not getting the beef here- they replaced it the first time, no questions asked. When you took the second unit in, it turned out not to be broken, and evidently working as it should/continues to do. They spent shop time looking for a "warranty-covered problem" that turned out not to exist, and charged you for that time.

In what way didn't they honor the warranty?

I fell the same way. I believe they did their job.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:16 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
I bet the Oakwood CW salesman has the initials R.C. He showed absolutely no interest in us or our questions. He was on his cell phone texting the entire time he was with us. He was so rude that we left and made an unplanned trip to RV World of Ga. The salesman was so personable and we bought a 2015 MH from them that same day. CW lost our business because of this guy. That was almost 3 months ago, and I still get bristled when I think about it. Thanks for the opportunity to vent.
LilJoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 10:22 AM   #11
doc

Appalachian Campers
I have bought some items from Oakwood, but it was a situation where this was the only place I could find them. You are lucky to have someone in parts take your money and even luckier to have someone answer a question.
Buying or pricing a coach there? Forget that! I will travel back to SC or Florida before I take the arrogance and ignorance that sales group have to offer. They act like it is favor to you and chore for them to answer a simple question and as far as a quote? List price unless you are 'interested in buying today'.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 03:28 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
I have bought some items from Oakwood, but it was a situation where this was the only place I could find them. You are lucky to have someone in parts take your money and even luckier to have someone answer a question.
Buying or pricing a coach there? Forget that! I will travel back to SC or Florida before I take the arrogance and ignorance that sales group have to offer. They act like it is favor to you and chore for them to answer a simple question and as far as a quote? List price unless you are 'interested in buying today'.
I totally agree I purchased our Rev new at oakwood but I played the money game with them for a few days. The problem with them is when CW purchased camping time the owner went down the road and built Rv world. The buildings are just alike and the also took along with them the better sales staff and service staff. When we purchased our rev the sales manager told me to be patient with service and kinda smiled back them they were run separate.
Old 07-25-2014, 03:37 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
One other thing a few months back I looked a 2014 tour msrp $396,000 at oakwood and I had no problem getting $100,000 off without trying.
Old 07-25-2014, 09:04 PM   #14

I was pretty frustrated with a service problem at the Oakwood facility in 2010. But in the end , they made it right. I have repeatedly had very good service from one man in particular in the retail store. And when the DW and I decided to trade up to a class A, one salesman was particularly patient and helpful on multiple occasions. More so than any other dealer we visited. After looking over a period of 6 months or so, we went back and bought from him. Don't have any connection with them. Just saying our overall experience so far has been different.

Tags
camping