Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-16-2019, 02:50 PM   #29

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loucurr View Post
For what it is worth...the Camping World near me is no more. It’s is now Gander Mountain. 🤔
Their TV ads just say Gander RV.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-16-2019, 03:14 PM   #30

New sign in Wheat Ridge/Arvada CO just says Gander RV also.
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 07:26 AM   #31

Bah, humbug.

We hashed this out 3 weeks ago, and a month before that. Regurgitating "the sky is falling" doesn't change the reality.

Kamping Wurld is re-branding some of its locations as Gander RV and opening brand new stores under the Gander RV name. The roll out of the new name seems badly prepared, badly promoted and badly communicated with employees.

With U-Toob anyone with a camera can be an "authority" on almost anything. Consider that for a moment and ask yourself how the EweToober is making his/her/their money for the content - whose interests are represented?

Learn to recognize shills and misinformation dispensers.
Old 06-17-2019, 09:07 AM   #32
Commercial Member

Camping world,or gander mtn isnt in any danger. Mr bolt just has an ax to grind.
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 09:20 AM   #33

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by azpete View Post
Camping world,or gander mtn isnt in any danger. Mr bolt just has an ax to grind.

Old 06-20-2019, 03:34 PM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
All the rumors of demise are coming from one source. That should tell you something.
RockyMtnRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 03:40 PM   #35

Run Away!

My experience with CW in Berkley, Mass, was just okay when purchasing, but horrendous with service. I had some 17 items needing attention last October, most were minor. They had my Vegas till the beginning of March and most of the items they were to correct, were not done. They winterized it, since they had it throughout the winter. When I went on my first trip of this year, I hooked up my water and the water heater was spouting like a waterfall, the kitchen faucet was leaking, the grey line pipe was cracked in several places, and black line had a broken seal. Not only that problem, but we towed my car for the first time with a tow dolly they assembled, on the same trip, and I required Good Sam assistance to get the car off, because everything shifted, due to missing four bolts from the "U" bracket. When I brought my RV back, after surviving my trip, I was told that the CWs across the country were bringing on board service advisors, to improve the service departments. One month after I met my service advisor, he quit, telling me before he left that "This place is a ****-show. Management does not want to do the right thing for the customers." I can go on with the terrible service and customer assistance, but this would end up being a novel. So, based on my experience, it is easy to understand that CW is facing law suits, and is in trouble. If you want an RV or camper that CW has in stock, and especially if it is in the Berkley CW, RUN AWAY! Find it elsewhere.
Rardito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 03:48 PM   #36

just bought at campers world

i bought class a thor 2019 and didnt buy any extended warranty. just paid what i thought was fair and locked into rate. they did all they said they would do...

now i wont say the finance guy was happy but i recorded the whole meeting and told him when the pressure came. That was that. all fine now...btw love my new coach and so do Dixie, Patches, Zoey, Ricky.. My 4 border collies....lol
ncmaineac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 04:01 PM   #37

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Jayco Owners Club
CW trouble.

Based on my experience especially in the service shops, I would not be surprised if CW is in serious trouble and experiencing several large lawsuits. I find I have to take both minor and major stuff back two or three times to get fixed correctly. They bring the slides in and jam stuff inside, breaking trim and other components. Last spring they quoted $1500 for annual service and when I picked my unit up the bill was $2000 (oh, that quote didn't include parts). They are a typical business that is successful despite themselves. In some market areas though, there are not too many other options if any at all. Hate to hear they are having problems but they only need to look in a mirror to find the source.
Marshalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 04:35 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Bolt View Post
I'm hearing that CW is in big trouble. Stock price is tanking and questions about many lawsuits against them.

I'm hearing that anyone who has an ESP warranty with CW should Immediately cancel it, or risk losing your entire investment if they go out of business.

Check out The RV Show USA on YouTube for exact ways to get your money back if you feel the risk is too great to continue.

https://youtu.be/qnDm1JC7U-s

Must do before they file bankrupt. Many other don't do's and DO NOW in his video recently posted.
I doubt it they just purchased a big RV dealer in Massachusetts!
vfauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 04:53 PM   #39

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandcarol View Post
I stopped for a second at '1980's Jimmy Carter voodoo economics'. Wasn't it Ronald Reagan in the 1980's with the voodoo economics?
Depends if you are a Republican or Democrat doesn't it?
2016 Dutch Star 4018 Newmar #605899
VP Chianese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 04:53 PM   #40

Camping World financial issues

Gee I guess CW should not have gone on national media & told "Trumpers" to not shop at his stores! Seems they took him at his word! Sorry a pet peeve of mine I think corporations & their CEO's should run their business & stay out of politics!
jkkinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 04:54 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Bolt View Post
Why wouldn't a competitor point out bad behavior from a company to garner business. Should it not be exposed to the light of day?
Without a doubt the most foolish question I have ever read, anywhere.
Perhaps you can inform us why anyone with half a brain would unquestioningly accept the word of a competitor who has an interest in undermining his competition, as you seem to be doing?

Like most others here, it matters about zero to me whether CW survives or dies, but just because a competitor is bad mouthing CW does not make the competitor any more believable than CW is.
adriangordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 05:00 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loucurr View Post
For what it is worth...the Camping World near me is no more. It’s is now Gander Mountain. 🤔
So what? You are aware that Gander Mountain went into bankruptcy a couple of years back and that CW purchased some of their locations from the bankruptcy estate? Seems to me that they are in the process of switching the name of the operation to Gander Outdoors, I assume with the hope that the name change will give them an opportunity to shed the bad reputation they have. After all, if you can change the name and convince people that you have gone out of business and a new company has taken over, as they have apparently done in your case, maybe some people will come back and shop with you again.
adriangordon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping, camping world