Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-23-2007, 04:45 AM   #1

OK guys, I finally broke down and bought a few odds and ends for our camper. Bigger chocks, toothbrush holders, sink organizer, etc. I ordered them online at CW and used a gift card and was just a few dollars over the amt of the gc.

Well, I was checking my bank acct online today and yesterday CW charged my card the full amt. I thought, no big deal, maybe they credit the gc amt after the order if fully processed. BTW, I placed the order almost a week ago. So, I go to their website to check the status of my order as I have already received things from other companies that I ordered abt the same time. Well, I clicked my acct and went to order history and it shows my order as cancelled. What!?

Does anyone know if they are just a "glitchy" website? I plan on calling in a little bit after I do a few things, but I am not sure when they open and right at this moment I don't have time to sit on hold nor do I really feel like talking yet.

Any ideas?

mamaloya is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-23-2007, 04:45 AM   #2

OK guys, I finally broke down and bought a few odds and ends for our camper. Bigger chocks, toothbrush holders, sink organizer, etc. I ordered them online at CW and used a gift card and was just a few dollars over the amt of the gc.

Well, I was checking my bank acct online today and yesterday CW charged my card the full amt. I thought, no big deal, maybe they credit the gc amt after the order if fully processed. BTW, I placed the order almost a week ago. So, I go to their website to check the status of my order as I have already received things from other companies that I ordered abt the same time. Well, I clicked my acct and went to order history and it shows my order as cancelled. What!?

Does anyone know if they are just a "glitchy" website? I plan on calling in a little bit after I do a few things, but I am not sure when they open and right at this moment I don't have time to sit on hold nor do I really feel like talking yet.

Any ideas?

Old 08-23-2007, 04:49 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
I've ordered from their web site for years. I have never had a problem.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:23 AM   #4

Texas Boomers Club
I too have ordered many times without problems. Call their Customer Service number to see what's up. Maybe the Gift Card did not take when you submitted the order. Or maybe they recognized the error and canceled the order in order to credit you. Watch to see if you get a credit on your CC.
Roam America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 10:55 AM   #5
Administrator Emeritus

Camping World?

Try out rvupgrades for all your RV parts and accesory needs...

They're not part of some mega-conglomerate and they're a major sponsor of iRV2!!

By supporting our sponsors you help those that help us!!
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 11:18 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

I wholeheartily agree with Bob. While I haven't had any issues with the throughput of my orders at Camping World, I'd much rather get my stuff from RVupgrades. Camping World does nothing for this site. Actually it's a part of the Affinity Group, which is a huge conglomerate that also runs the RV.net forum.

RVupgrades, on the other hand, has everything going for it. They help sponsor IRV2. They have better pricing than Camping World and you don't need to belong to a dues collecting President's Club in order to get the best price. Plus, their service is top shelf. Unless they absolutely do not carry it, I support RVupgrades. I recently let my President's Club membership lapse because I rarely use CW any more.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 12:08 PM   #7

Well, I don't know why the website says my order was cancelled because I got my stuff this afternoon. I would still like to know why they did not credit the gc. I have been too busy today to call.

The only reason that I bought from CW is that I had the gc. I did not buy the club membership either, it came with the camper. I probably will not renew as I don't find their prices that great.

I have not checked out RV upgrades yet. I will have to give it a look see.

Old 08-23-2007, 01:58 PM   #8

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cruzer:
RVupgrades... have better pricing than Camping World and you don't need to belong to a dues collecting President's Club in order to get the best price. Plus, their service is top shelf. Unless they absolutely do not carry it, I support RVupgrades. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I use both as resouces for my RV supplies. I mildly disagree with Cruzer about prices... it pays to shop both. There are products that one will carry that the other doesn't.

I agree that RVupgrades shipping service is usually quicker than CW's, but to me price and availability are the determining factors, not how quick I can get the product.

I keep my President's Club card active because we often stop at CW when we're on the road and need to buy something.

2002 Thor Tahoe 23FBGL TT, 28'
Paul Heuvelhorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 02:44 PM   #9

Texas Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rebelsbeach:
Camping World?

Try out rvupgrades for all your RV parts and accesory needs...

They're not part of some mega-conglomerate and they're a major sponsor of iRV2!!

By supporting our sponsors you help those that help us!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bob

I was referring to the days before RVUpgrades existed.
Roam America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 03:05 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
I also shop both sites. So far, CW won on price (total price). RV Upgrades may get some of my business yet. I'm looking at the Super Steer Motion Control unit. As soon as I can get the purchase by the family CFO, RV Upgrades may get the order. At this time they are cheaper than CW.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 04:18 PM   #11
Administrator Emeritus

Paul H, it's all good Sir....

I can certainly understand shopping for price in today's world and I realize there are certainly some things one carries and the other doesn't.

For my money, I will buy it every time I can at rvupgrades, as in my opinion those folks over at the Affinity Group aren't interested in doing anything to help me....They're out to BUY the entire RV industry, whether it's a campground, a Camping World, a camping club.

I certainly respect everyone's freedom of choice...

By the way, for those of you that have visited the Elkhart CW location, it will close on August 26th....There was an RV dealership next door at one time that closed some time ago.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 04:23 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
I agree 100% Bob.

Plus, so far I don't have a state sales tax from RV Upgrades and I get socked with that from Camping World.

Also, Debbie is a pleasure to deal with on the phone. She will get the job done and the parts shipped.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 03:27 AM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rebelsbeach:

.......By the way, for those of you that have visited the Elkhart CW location, it will close on August 26th....There was an RV dealership next door at one time that closed some time ago. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup, that was Hart City. We stopped there in the past. Affinity worked out a deal where they would put a Camping World right next door to it. Then they bought Hart City, mainly to gain control over their Monaco, Newmar, and Gulfstream lines. It became a Freedom Roads dealership (owned by Affinity). But they had another Freedom Roads dealership in the area so they closed off the ex Hart City location, eliminating a competitor to the other dealership. Now they are closing the Camping World because it isn't doing to well any more.

However, Hart City is returning with the original owner. I understand they will strictly concentrate on the Gulfstream line. I don't know if they are going back to the old location or a new one though.

I guess that's the WalMart philosophy of business. Being in business myself it's tough to compete against the megas. That's why I don't compare prices between CW and RVupgrades. While they generally are less I'd support a business that supports this website any day over one that doesn't.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 05:50 PM   #14

Rvupgrades had a 50 amp EMS at my door in less than 3 days, with a price that beat any I could find anywhere else. I am a believer! HarveyP

Cummins/Allison
HarveyP is offline   Reply With Quote