Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-06-2012, 10:36 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
CW wouldnt be the last place Id use for service... it would the place Id never use.
I kinda get annoyed with their multiple pricing theory anyway. Not to mention everytime I purchase something there... the register price is much higher than marked. Can only imagine what a service bill would cost.
WeatherTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-06-2012, 10:50 AM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Other than using my Good Sam discount for purchased items I would not use CW to do anything on my coach. Heard far to many stories like these.
You would be better served to find a shop who's only focus is to maintain and repair RV's.
In the Atlanta area I use Appalachee

bowpulpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:23 PM   #17

Avoid CW, in my opinion. Lousy work at lousy prices.

Steve
Old 12-06-2012, 09:55 PM   #18

Follow up from my original post. The service tech called this afternoon to tell me that I failed to lock the awning in place which is certainly the reason why it unravelled in the first place. After a moment of silence, I reminded him that it was the slide topper that was the problem, not the awning. In fact, I reminded him that when we did the walk thru, I had explained to him in detail of the problem while standing in front of the slide. Furthermore, we spent time discussing why they did not re-install/replace the cradle support that was included with the original installation. He proceeded to tell me that as time goes by, slide toppers change in style and may not fit like the original which is more than likely the reason why the cradle support was not used (yeah right). So, in other words he's gotta have the tech go back to check the slide topper.

I did post this in the RV.net forum and did get a reply from their rapid response team. I will be placing a call to them tomorrow and will update you all as soon as I have any more information.
w1kk3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:58 AM   #19

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddypaws View Post
Changing the heating element is about a 10-15 minute job on most water heaters, even if you have to remove the mixing tube to get at it. The elements are generic electric water heater elements and can be found at Lowes or Home Depot for about $15-$20. I've replaced mine a number of times over the years and done several others for friends. It litterally takes more time to find a thin walled socket to fit the element than the actual work.

I've said it before : "I wouldn't trust Camping World to install a roll of toilet paper".
I looked around and you were not there as I recall?

I can but I did not want to do it myself, my choice.

On mine the entire unit must come out the element is in the back and yes even so it does not take that much time. That is why I negotiated the fee.

In my personal experience my local CW has done the work properly the first time. I'm convinced others have not found this to be so in their local area.

CW cumulative fees on the other hand are outrageous.

It would be about $49. for the toilet paper install. Only after the $49. fee to determine if the paper needed replacement.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:19 AM   #20
laj

Any business that charges me to walk through their doors i have no use for. I won't even buy a roll of tp from them. To many honest business out there with superior work for me to ever have them do work for me. Jmho
laj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:47 PM   #21

Same ripoff attempt at CW, Lakewood NJ 5 yrs ago. Purchased a tt from them, bathroom fan was extremely noisy. Wanted them to check and replace if it was a warranty problem and I would pay to upgrade to a better fan. Service writer told me there would be a charge to check the fan! All this after they shipped my TT to the wrong CW, lost the keys, registered it w/o paying sales tax, and later I had trouble with poor grounds, etc from crappy brake controller install. So I avoid CW
tooltrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:26 PM   #22

Fist off, want to thank one of the members as they advised me to post my rant on the RV.net site which is owned by Good Sam/Camping World. You know who you are

Wanted to post an update. Shortly after I made the original post, I received a PM from a rep for their rapid response team. I was asked to contact then which I did. They took my info and forwarded my dis-satisfaction to the service manager in Golden, I believe his name is Dick. I explained my situation to him and he apologized for my experience and explained I should not have been charged for inspecting the slide topper. Additionally, he also stated that it is not normally their practice to charge their customers to check toilet leaks or other minor issues like this. Electrical outlets though would require a bit of troubleshooting so they would typically charge a fee which I was OK with and decided against having them do so as this is something I am capable of doing myself. It was more of a convenience thing and since my coach was there, I just thought it would be something they could check, but no big deal.

As for the slide topper, they did determine that it was indeed installed incorrectly and will be replacing it which I am happy about. Thank you all for your advice and thank you to the CW rapid response team for being so attentive to this matter. It's good to know that you care about your customers are are willing to do what's right to ensure our satisfaction.
w1kk3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:16 PM   #23

When we were in Texas last winter, I went to CW at New Braunfels to inquire about new slide out awnings as they were pretty weather beaten and need to be replaced.
The person I talked to could not give a a price for labor or material without making an appointment to come in to the shop. Since we were set up in Corpus Christi, this was not a good option.

So, I found a card in the CG we were at in Corpus Christi for a fellow named Lupe. The CG manager said he did a lot of work in the CG and was well liked.
OK, so I give Lupe a call and he said over the phone, that to do two slide out awnings would run about 150 bucks plus material. I had a choice of the color and type of material.
Next day he came to the site, showed me the material options and gave me a firm quote of 550 bucks installed. I said, Get at er.

He (and his son) took both awnings off, went away and came back 3-4 days later (I had told him we were there for a month so no big rush) and installed them, Took him and son about an hour or so and they look better than the originals. Never had any problems with them.

Bought the man a case of beer and everbody was happy.
Not knocking CW, but, hard to beat personal service like that.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:05 PM   #24

Freightliner Owners Club
good to hear it is getting resolved I always wondered how the rapid response team reacted to the problems.
SMRDNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:52 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1kk3d View Post
Fist off, want to thank one of the members as they advised me to post my rant on the RV.net site which is owned by Good Sam/Camping World. You know who you are

Wanted to post an update. Shortly after I made the original post, I received a PM from a rep for their rapid response team. I was asked to contact then which I did. They took my info and forwarded my dis-satisfaction to the service manager in Golden, I believe his name is Dick. I explained my situation to him and he apologized for my experience and explained I should not have been charged for inspecting the slide topper. Additionally, he also stated that it is not normally their practice to charge their customers to check toilet leaks or other minor issues like this. Electrical outlets though would require a bit of troubleshooting so they would typically charge a fee which I was OK with and decided against having them do so as this is something I am capable of doing myself. It was more of a convenience thing and since my coach was there, I just thought it would be something they could check, but no big deal.

As for the slide topper, they did determine that it was indeed installed incorrectly and will be replacing it which I am happy about. Thank you all for your advice and thank you to the CW rapid response team for being so attentive to this matter. It's good to know that you care about your customers are are willing to do what's right to ensure our satisfaction.

glad to see you followed thru & posted your complaint on RV.net. i to had a problem with their Greenwood, In. location that would be TOO long to post here but i also filed a complaint on above website to Marcus Lemonis
about it. got a call next day from someone & did receive a overpayment check. told him i wouldn't be using their service dept. again.
this goes for everyone---be sure to file a complaint with RV.net, maybe someday things will be corrected!!!!

OBTW--the check came from SIRPILLA RV CENTERS (not CW). does anyone know why that would be???
two slides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:36 AM   #26

My local Camping World in New Hampshire is so bad it actually forced me learn how to install and fix things myself.

Thanks CW!
Old 12-08-2012, 05:56 AM   #27

Workhorse Chassis Owner
The fact that they have to have a 'RAPID RESPONSE' team has to tell you something about their service. No thank you, I will seek service elsewhere. JMHO
Old 12-08-2012, 07:09 AM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
There are a Million Stories in the Naked City.

Every time I read posts like this I am so thankful I was born with mechcanical/electrical abilities and interest. Never had an RV in the shop and I've saved untold thousands of $$. Probably why I'm basically just here to help folks do their own work when possible. I get sick when I hear good folks get ripped off like this.
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping, service