Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-16-2017, 07:26 PM   #15

Sounds like problem could be that it was on consignment and can /will sometimes take longer.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2017, 07:45 PM   #16

IIRC, temp tags are only valid for 7 business days in Mississippi.
RickNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 08:20 PM   #17

First of all I am not defending CW. Personally I will never do business with them again for a reason I won't discuss here.
That being said there are many players involved here. If there was a lien was it ever recorded correctly? Did the previous owner turn in a title not current instead of a duplicate title which may have had the lien recorded on it? Did the CW title clerk miss the lien on the title? Has all the paperwork been handed over to the MS DMV and they are dragging their feet? Of course there are other reasons too numerous to mention.
A few years ago I bought a vehicle from a customer who had the vehicle towed in with a blown engine. The customer didn't have time to wait for the replacement engine to be installed etc. as he had to be back in his home state (Tennesee) in a couple days for a commitment. I bought the vehicle on a Thursday. I talked to the customer's sister on the phone before I paid the customer as the sister was the actual owner. She approved the price and said she had a clear title and would send it right out to me. The following Tuesday I received the title and a receipt for my payment. I knew I was taking a chance but I also held a signed repair order to inspect the vehicle and estimate repairs. I have the right to hold the vehicle until the accrued charges are paid. After a certain time period I can charge storage and after another time period I can apply an artisan's lien and assume ownership.
I took the title from TN and other necessary paperwork to NY State DMV and applied for a title. I wanted to be doubly sure I was the owner before I did repairs and licensed the vehicle. It took four months for NY DMV to send out the new title. I wasn't in a rush as this was just a third vehicle mainly for use around my property and hauling our race sled trailer in the winter.
I can understand the OP'S concern. I'm sure he is more eager than I was to start using his vehicle. I think if I was in his position I would trace all the steps from the seller (CW or the consignor) to where the paperwork is now and see who dropped the ball or holding the game up.
Lynn
Old 10-17-2017, 02:06 PM   #18

Thanks to all for your thoughts.
After calls to corporate and emails and a formal complaint to the IL Atty General today I received the title by certified mail and was able to get my plates and registration at IL Secy of State!

I also received a call from CW MS saying it had been mailed. I told them I received it but was disappointed that it took this long to complete a basic transaction that is the foundation of their business. Really if you can't provide a title in a reasonable time something is broken with their process. I'm not a litigious person but this is an unacceptable business practice.
Teddyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 02:09 PM   #19

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddyman View Post
Thanks to all for your thoughts.
After calls to corporate and emails and a formal complaint to the IL Atty General today I received the title by certified mail and was able to get my plates and registration at IL Secy of State!

I also received a call from CW MS saying it had been mailed. I told them I received it but was disappointed that it took this long to complete a basic transaction that is the foundation of their business. Really if you can't provide a title in a reasonable time something is broken with their process. I'm not a litigious person but this is an unacceptable business practice.
Great, now you can get it licensed and go camping!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 02:24 PM   #20

Also NOT a fan of CW at all for a myriad of reasons that I won't go into either. Suffice it to say that any RV being bought OR sold should have a clear Title BEFORE the transaction is consummated.

Dealers "in general" give me the creeps for practices they have engaged in.

I only buy 1-3 year old vehicles and RV's Private Sellers...been doing that for 35 years and have never had a bad experience. I would rather buy from an original owner, give them a "fair" price and get a "fair" price so BOTH parties can walk away winners. Have made several new friends that way also.............

Wundertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 02:32 PM   #21

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
I did agree with you until this weekend when I met one of the nicest salesman ever at CW and I have had 4 other RVs. He's a retired police chief Very honest, very straight forward, and a man of God. I'm seriously thinking about buying the Navion from him
Old 10-17-2017, 02:34 PM   #22

Forest River Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
I three am not a fan of CW. That said, my tow vehicle broken down 100 miles from Vegas, I live in Arkansas. Bought a new, used tow vehicle in Vegas. They gave me a 14 day registration. Needed 4 more before the bank sent the title to Arkansas DMV so I could get plates.

Sometimes you just have to be patient and let a slow process flow to conclusion. I did call every week just to check status, though.
BuzzWolfAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 02:42 PM   #23

The salesman was very knowledgeable and the service tech did a thorough walkthrough demonstrating how everything works and gave me ride to drop off my rental car.. I did feel like a pinball in a machine though.

I had looked at few units prior on craigslist CL but found most owners were very sentimental about their units and had them overpriced and frankly one gal was a total nut job.
I too was hesitant about CW but figured hey its got to be better than a CL clown. I will see if they follow up on anything else. Hopefully things will go better here on out.
Happy Trails!
Teddyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 04:24 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBMahan View Post
I did agree with you until this weekend when I met one of the nicest salesman ever at CW and I have had 4 other RVs. He's a retired police chief Very honest, very straight forward, and a man of God. I'm seriously thinking about buying the Navion from him
Throw a post on here how this works out for you. I sincerely hope it does BUT!
Lynn
Old 10-17-2017, 04:31 PM   #25

That states DMV, file a complaint?
Old 10-17-2017, 05:41 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBMahan View Post
I still like my camping world salesman its the service after the sale that's terrible.
Old 10-17-2017, 06:01 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrnBru View Post
I still like my camping world salesman its the service after the sale that's terrible.
If I ran my Funeral Home like that...would you still use my facility?

Wundertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 06:38 PM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
Oh, you are the last to let us down. Huh.
roscoesdad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping, camping world