Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-06-2008, 02:47 PM   #1

Well lo and behold got up this morning and we had 6 fresh white wet and heavy inches of snow and to make matters even worse by supper time(6pm) we had another 9 inches for a total of around 15 for the 24 hr period Thank goodness it should be gone in a few days but what a bummer

2006 30 ft Cherokee TT
j2detoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-06-2008, 02:47 PM   #2

Well lo and behold got up this morning and we had 6 fresh white wet and heavy inches of snow and to make matters even worse by supper time(6pm) we had another 9 inches for a total of around 15 for the 24 hr period Thank goodness it should be gone in a few days but what a bummer

2006 30 ft Cherokee TT
Old 04-06-2008, 02:59 PM   #3
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
j2detoit;

I understand your frustration. Having just gone through a winter with record snow falls, my DW and I have a bad case of cabin fever. We want to get out on the road and roll. Thankfully it is April and not January. Hopefully you can do the same real soon.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 03:20 PM   #4

ohh man,

ok ill give you a little sunshine...
we went camping up to lake pleasent just outside of phoenix arizona the weather was about 78 - 80 digrees it was an awsume weekend...
we havent been out for a year so it was a real nice weekend and we had a few of our kids were there for a day of relaxeing... and a few hot dogs & Hamburgers...

& some hot dogs & Hamburgers for yous and some sunshine...

Brr i can remember the winters in pennsylvania it was realy cold...
Old 04-06-2008, 05:51 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Guess you don't believe in global warming.

Weather was terrible here also, it was cloudy all day. Temperature held in the mid 70s, but no sunshine!.

Actually, having lived all my life in Florida, I would like to see that much snow at one time. That may sound crazy to you. Anyway, DW thinks snow is a dirty four letter word and doesn't want anything to do with it, expect watch it on TV.

Keep you spirits up - a couple ounces at the time generally helps. Just like last year, spring will come.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 06:10 AM   #6

Winter just will not give up in Minn. either. Northern part of the state got up to two feet. Cabin fever has been worse this winter than I can ever remember. Weather says cold for the next week. Thank God for the IRV2 FORUM or I would never make it.
Old 04-07-2008, 06:11 AM   #7
SRT

Monaco Owners Club
You can thank the east wind off the big lake for the snow being pushed out your way. Grand Rapids managed to get 2 feet of the white stuff. We managed to get about an inch of snow mixed in with rain and freezing rain.

It's gotta warm up enough so I can de-winterize the coach for our first trip the first weekend in May.
SRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 04:04 PM   #8

I seen on the news tonite that up on the iron range Virginea MN had 32 YES 32 inches of that nastey white frozen stuff It got up to 44 today and the snow really went away Mid to upper 50's by the weekend

2006 30 ft Cherokee TT
Old 04-07-2008, 04:30 PM   #9
jfb

Fortunately for us we stay up on the North Olympic Peninsula in WA, we have some wind and rain but generally pretty nice....
jfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 02:59 PM   #10

when will it ever stop As of 430pm this afternoon central time we are once again put into a winter storm watch for thursday nite and all day on friday We in our area could see 9 to 12 more inches of snow along with windy and cold conditions About 40 miles south of us they can expect 15 to 18 inches BUMMER

2006 30 ft Cherokee TT
Old 04-10-2008, 06:10 AM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
JJ,

Trade you one hurricane for 12 inches of snow.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote