Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 09-30-2013, 11:36 PM   #43
Winnebago Owners Club
State parks have nothing to do with the yankee government

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-01-2013, 03:02 AM   #44
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Get Out In 48 Hours: Smokies Closing In Government Shutdown; Campers Told To Leave - The Daily Times

Foothills of the Smokies
2005 Bounder 35E
Old 10-01-2013, 03:48 AM   #45
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club

Your point regarding early notice is valid and well taken. Your point regarding not being able to access other CG because they are full? Hopefully not the case. It was nice that they called to notify of the cancellation. That is very rare. I still do not understand why a business would shut down before they needed and turn any needed profits away. It may be that they are making a statement but my opinion it is a shame that our government cannot come to a resolution. I feel for the people who will suffer furloughs in a time that every penny counts.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:13 AM   #46
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Generally if the park or program is considered "essential" or if it is funded on a multi-year basis it should be unaffected. Stay flexible as local managers may have to reverse decisions based on directives from DC. [moderator edit]
1988 Holiday Rambler Alumalite
Old 10-01-2013, 05:01 AM   #47
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Folks, we will have to close this thread if general comments regarding the government continue.

iRV2's rules only permit political comments when they are DIRECTLY related to RVing.

Complaints about the government, politicians or parties, posts urging members to contact their elected officials, etc are not permitted.

Adios, Dirk - '84 Real Lite Truck Camper, '86 Wilderness Cimarron TT, previously 4 years as a fulltimer in a '07 DSDP

No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message, but millions of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.

Old 10-01-2013, 07:28 AM   #48
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
[moderator edit]

We are parked behind locked gates this morning.

Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|Full-Time! - 2012 6.7L Ford Crew Cab Dually -2013 HitchHiker Champagne 38RLRSB - Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot
Old 10-01-2013, 08:07 AM   #49
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post

They locked you in??
Old 10-01-2013, 08:39 AM   #50

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
THAT IS horrible !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My goodness - I thought my little conundrum of will my weekend reservation be honored, cancelled or double charged is not so bad after all ....
If you really are sad and think nobody cares, just try missing a few payments ! '11 Monaco Diplomat 43DFT RR10R pushed by a Demco Excali-Bar II hitch which is pushed by a '14 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:43 AM   #51
Its bad enough for American tourists, consider the Europeans, Asians, etc. coming here, renting a camper and trying to visit our closed National Parks.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:54 AM   #52
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
As I posted on another thread that was closed and redirected to this one, I woke up when the alarm went off this morning, there was coffee in the coffee maker, the lights came on, the computer booted up and the Internet worked, the traffic lights worked on my commute to work this morning and traffic was still horrible. The card reader let me into the office where the lights were still on and everyone else showed up for work as well.

My point? Yes, closing National parks is an inconvenience, but life goes on. In fact, as I'm typing this, the Dow Jones, Nasdaq and S&P 500 indices are all up this morning. This isn't the end of the world, so let's just relax and see how it plays out.

2016 Ram Longhorn 3500 Dually 4x4 CCLB, 385/900 Cummins, Aisin AS69RC, 4.10
2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!
Old 10-01-2013, 08:59 AM   #53
We have Yosemite reservations starting this Saturday for a week. Website says park is closed and website will be down. Redirects you to DOI site which won't load. How do you explain this to your 7 year old daughter the reason for a park to close? Hopefully it will get sorted out before then but we are starting to look for other places to go.
'14 Thor Palazzo 33.2
'15 Jeep Sport Unlimited
Old 10-01-2013, 09:02 AM   #54
Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
too many good fishing spots to worry about a couple of parks shutting down.
1996 Damon DayBreak 2500 454 P37 Chassis
NRA Benefactor, NRA, OSBI Certified instructor,
Old 10-01-2013, 09:05 AM   #55
Newmar Owners Club
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post

Need us to bring supplies?

Chuck & Chopper (the fuzzy 1)
2003 DSDP w/ 2012 F150 4x4 that wants to be a Jeep.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:07 AM   #56
This too, shall pass. We were planning on a series of Corps Park strays this month, but will make alternate plans. No other choice at this point. I'm guessing that the dog and pony show will settle down and the scare tactics will end soon. If not, then Wal-Mart will be seeing more of us in the perimeter parking lot. Probably will boost their bottom line due to more RVers shopping while parked for the night. Note to self ... buy more WMT stock.

Closed Thread