Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-15-2010, 08:53 AM   #57

Just got off the phone with XM! After they sent me 2 emails saying my account was past due and they never responded to either of my email responses, I called them. BTW, they never sent me an email or letter stating my account was about to auto renew, so they attempted to charge an expired credit card. I'm glad it was expired or I would have had to discover the charge on my own. FWIW, although Sirius and XM are one company, their practices are not consistent. Sirius sent me a notification of when my subscription would renew and the cost.

I instructed XM to cancel my subscription at the end of the current subscription. They, by no surprise, said they could not do that. I would instead have to call the cancellation number. The one that's not staffed nor answered; I've been down that path before. The agent said if I didn't call the policy would again renew. I was somewhat firm when I told her that our conversation was my formal notification of cancellation and I would not call later.

The agent was very reluctant to invoice me so I could send them what I owe them by check. As much as she said I could use my credit card for a one time charge, I don't trust the crooks at XM.

For those wanting the latest rates, here they are:
XM Everything + Best of SIRIUS
Annual $186.89 + $21.79 = $208.68
2-Year $322.00 + $37.49 = $359.49
3-Year $458.00 + $53.40 = $511.40
Lifetime $599.99 + $76.50 = $676.49

XM Everything
Annual $142.45 + $21.79 = $164.24
2-Year $245.00 + $37.49 = $282.49
3-Year $349.00 + $53.40 = $402.40
Lifetime $499.99 + $76.50 = $576.49

There are other plans, but you get a since of what they are.

BTW, when I send in my payment, I will again state my intent to cancel. I'll also send a copy to DC's Attorney General as I had to use them last time to get service terminated (never answered the phone) and get reimbursement.

I wish car companies didn't support XM and Sirius' free teaser subscriptions. I'm confident their subscribership would put them out of business or they would be forced to change their arogant business practices.

Gil
ImagineIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-15-2010, 06:07 PM   #58

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
I called the Federal Trade Commission a few days ago and I do not have to pay until I get a breakdown of the charges. They told me a bill should be coming soon. Yesterday I got the bill with no breakdown of charges. They want $37 and change from the collection agency. I called the number on the bill and they stated I should have called the number they give with the XM Radio to cancel service. It seems the XM expired sometime in October. I told the guy calling me from XM that I did not want the service the end of October. He suppose to send me a breakdown of the charges and I am still going back to the FTC. As far as I am concerned I owe them nothing.
Tom
diandtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 02:54 PM   #59

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to CruisinCondo
I had a similar problem with AOL for on line service. I had changed telephone companys and their service was not compatible with the new service. I spent countless hours on the phone trying to get the service to work. When I wanted to cancel they kept offering me free months service. But, they continued to bill me. I finally sent them a certified letter stating that I would bill them $500 for every hour or partial hour to respond to any calls from them or any collection company. I also stated in the letter that any contact with me after receipt of this letter, that they agree to my terms. I never heard from them again.
Old 12-16-2010, 05:17 PM   #60
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Great info here! This thread made me to check with my Sirius subscription that I wanted for three months only.

The had it automatically extended for another three months. I contacted Listener Service, and after same talking they agreed to refund my money and cancel my subscription!

Thanks again for alerting me!
Hudsoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 06:42 PM   #61

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
For those getting unsolicated fax messages.. Title 47 SS 227 also has something to say about that.

With sales calls (voice) you have to put your phone on a Do Not Call list (national or the company that is calling)

But with faxes it's different, ALL faxes are DO NOT CALL by default.. For a sales fax to be legal YOU HAVE TO ASK FOR IT.

So read the "Restrictions on Telephone Use" (Part of Title 47 US code, I think section 227) and ... Instead of "DO NOT SEND MORE FAXES" put a different message on the reply

YOU OWE ME $500.00

Please send check
Old 12-23-2010, 04:26 PM   #62

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Since asking for a break down of the charges as the FTC told me to do, I have heard nothing. My last call to them was on 12/16/2010. The guy I talked with said they were going to keep calling and harassing me until I paid the $27. That was before I told him I needed a breakdown and have a FTC case number.
Tom
Old 12-23-2010, 04:44 PM   #63
edj

Quote:
Originally Posted by diandtom View Post
Since asking for a break down of the charges as the FTC told me to do, I have heard nothing. My last call to them was on 12/16/2010. The guy I talked with said they were going to keep calling and harassing me until I paid the $27. That was before I told him I needed a breakdown and have a FTC case number.
Tom
Have you checked your 'free' credit report with the 3 credit bureaus since this thing started? It might be helpful to respond to the credit bureau if the collection agency has labeled you as a deadbeat.
edj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 06:49 PM   #64

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by edj View Post
Have you checked your 'free' credit report with the 3 credit bureaus since this thing started? It might be helpful to respond to the credit bureau if the collection agency has labeled you as a deadbeat.
That don't bother me much as I don't use credit.
What I got so far from them does not explain the charges only reads they want $27. It show nothing about when the past due amount was due.
Tom
Old 12-23-2010, 07:02 PM   #65
a k

Newmar Owners Club
Yo might not need credit but your insurance costs are based on your credit rating. I didn't realize it until I did some checking.
a k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 12:16 PM   #66

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Would you pay for something that you don't owe ? If you will please send me some money. I can use it but will not give it to XM Radio
Old 12-24-2010, 12:39 PM   #67

When I get a call from a sales person; I do this------I tell them to please hold, I have a call on the other line. Then I simplely lay the phone down and walk away, amazing how long they will hang on and waste their time. It helps if you can lay the phone down next to a radio or TV thats playing.
melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 12:50 AM   #68

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb5300 View Post
If you like the XM, just get a lifetime subscription and don't worry about it anymore. I have it on both Lexus, the motor home, and my Explorer. For a $75.00 fee I can move it (up to 5 times) to a new car when/if I trade vehicles.
Why could you not simply move the radio to the new vehicle for free?
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 07:13 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl
Why could you not simply move the radio to the new vehicle for free?
You can. The problem is that systems built into modern cars are custom made for those cars. Therefore, it's not practical or even possible in some cases to move the the Sat Radio system.

As for the comment on just buying lifetime service if you like Sat Radio, that's not the point or the right answer, at least not in my opinion. I like Sat Radio, Sirius over XM, but their predatory business practices aren't acceptable. I wish everyone would cancel their service so maybe the company will get the point that they must change their practices.
ImagineIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 12:30 AM   #70

But if you never notified them in writing, and or don't have copies of every correspondence, it's your word against theirs.