Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-01-2011, 07:39 AM   #71

Ken,

I think you are missing the point. XM doesn't make cancellation easy. As some factual examples, they don't notify you when your current subscription is about to end, you can't buy service without auto renewal, you can't cancel your service in advance, and you can't cancel calling the same number used for payments and new service (the cancellation number is seldom answered).

I finally received an invoice for the auto renewal quarterly service I forgot to cancel. BTW, they charge $2.00 for an invoice and only offered a paper invoice. Yet another scam to steal. My invoice came with a both colored paper warning that my account was delinquent because I didn't respond to previous invoices. I have NEVER received an invoice from XM prior to the one I asked for and just received. I was NEVER notified that my account would auto renew at x rate effective x day. My ONLY notification from XM was that my credit card on file had expitred and I needed to update my card on record.

BTW, although XM and Sirius are the same company, there practices are not the same-how bizzare! Sirius, which I still have, does notify me in advance of the auto renewal taking place.

The net-net is that XM-Sirius doesn't have to care! They have a monopoly on satelitte radio and they know it, as is evident from their business practices.

The best thing that could ever happen to XM is that they are bought by someone that understands the customer's perspective; they clearly do not. I've had more than one bad experience with XM, so I don't believe my bad experiences are isolated.

To each their own...no more XM for me...
ImagineIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-03-2011, 01:55 PM   #72

Tiffin Owners Club
Tom,
This might be helpful.
Mel KarmazinChief Executive Officer, Sirius XM Radio Inc. Karmazin oversees all aspects of the company's operations from its New York City corporate headquarters.
1221 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10020
212)584-5100
David J. FrearExecutive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
Whenever I have had to deal w/corporate compaines I have contacted the "head" guys/gals at their corp offices. Let me tell you when they hear from ppl, they get the job done for you.
Call them and good luck
phxmtngirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 02:13 PM   #73

I had good luck using the DC Attorney General's office. I used them given XM was a DC based company and continues operations out of DC.

I finally got my invoice from XM and they turned off my service today. I spoke with them a couple weeks back and said to terminate at the end of my current subscription, which would have been Jan 25th. To bad I already sent them my check or I would have taken the month off the quarterly subscription. It's really a shame they are so arrogant because I like satellite radio service. I still have Sirius and although Sirius and XM are one company, they operate as two.

Hopefully, I'll never hear from XM again, unless they want to refund the month of service they took away from me.

Gil
ImagineIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:31 PM   #74

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by phxmtngirl View Post
Tom,
This might be helpful.
Mel KarmazinChief Executive Officer, Sirius XM Radio Inc. Karmazin oversees all aspects of the company's operations from its New York City corporate headquarters.
1221 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10020
212)584-5100
David J. FrearExecutive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
Whenever I have had to deal w/corporate compaines I have contacted the "head" guys/gals at their corp offices. Let me tell you when they hear from ppl, they get the job done for you.
Call them and good luck
Thanks, I wrote XM Radio last week and kept a copy for me. The FTC said I was suppose to get a detail report of when the service ended and why the charge now. I never got this, only they want $27 for service after it was suppose to end. Tomorrow I got some bank business and going to ask them if anything on my credit report. If there is I will go after them. I also ask they stop the XM Radio on my wife's car.
Tom
diandtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:01 PM   #75
edj

Quote:
Originally Posted by diandtom View Post
Tomorrow I got some bank business and going to ask them if anything on my credit report. If there is I will go after them. I also ask they stop the XM Radio on my wife's car.
Tom
You can get your own free credit report from each of the 3 agencies. I get a copy of the report from each of them once a year.
edj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:07 PM   #76
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Did you get a date when you were supposed to get that itemized invoice? If you know that, the name of the person you spoke to & the date you talked to them (better yet, a letter from them stating such), you've got plenty of ammunition to blast them for not sending it.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:28 PM   #77

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
I talked with someone on the phone a couple weeks ago and told him I had contacted the FTC and need a breakdown of the charges. The next day I got a bill in the mail for $27 in the mail. I sure not related to the phone call. The bill in the mail only states for XM Radio, but dates or anything. I have since wrote them back telling them I need a breakdown of the charges. The snail mail only been off about a week.
Tom
Old 01-03-2011, 09:32 PM   #78
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
I learned from experience, even though it costs extra, to send any mailed correspondence via return receipt. That way, I got a signature receipt showing delivery date & who signed for it for any letter - especially important when I had to deal with a collection agency due to a billing error.

Lori-
Old 01-04-2011, 04:49 PM   #79

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
The lady at the bank told me today, that she did not think it would bother my credit score. She also said that I probably don't have a credit score, as I am not using credit.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:52 PM   #80

Do you have a contract? What does it say?
garym114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:23 PM   #81

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
What ever I got was done over the phone over four years ago, so I don't remember. I was cleaning the truck out yesterday getting ready to go to Florida. There is a booklet with XM Radio on it. It a little late but maybe I need to read it. This was in the stuff that came with the truck.

What I can get about the credit report is a business can put you down as a dead beat or a credit risk, without you having any say or even knowing about it. Where I am at now I don't know if XM Radio has giving me a bad credit rating or not. I know they are suppose to give me a detailed report about the charges. This they have not done.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:29 PM   #82

Call your credit card company, have them to block any charges from them,------end of problem. ruin your credit. lol
melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:35 PM   #83
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by diandtom View Post
...Where I am at now I don't know if XM Radio has giving me a bad credit rating or not.
Even if you don't have or use credit cards, it's a good idea to check on your credit rating. Go to annualcreditreport.com to get yours. The Fair Credit Reporting Act is a Federal law that guarantees you a free credit report from each of the 3 major credit reporting companies, each year.

Even if you aren't concerned about your credit rating, it's neat to see what they have on you...& who's been checking up on you (i.e. any credit card offers you've received in the mail will show up on the reports).

Sorry for going . Now we'll get back to getting that collection agency off diandtom!

Lori-
Old 01-04-2011, 10:29 PM   #84

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Lori, Since telling the collection agency I was a case number with the FTC. I have not heard a peep from them. I wrote them just putting it in writing about need when the charges were made.