Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-05-2012, 11:56 AM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We use our captains chairs all the time when we're parked at a location. After removing the tv this past summer I just had a door made to cover that opening and now have the tv on a stand in the living area. Much easier watching for us being it's more at eye level.

Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2012, 03:04 PM   #16

On our serrano we cant even swivel them enough to use them even if we wanted to. The drivers hits the steering wheel ; and yes that is adjusted to clear it and the passenger has the seat belt attached to it so it wont extend out enough to swivel all the way around either way. God job thor!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-05-2012, 03:13 PM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If we're parked for more than just overnight the chairs are turned in facing the living area. I use the passenger seat with it's footrest to read since the cat normally has my Euro chair and ottoman. Mustn't disturb "His Majesty".
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 03:56 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I spin the chairs around on stays longer than a day. If guests want to watch TV... they can watch it via the mirror reflection on the back wall
Old 02-05-2012, 08:00 PM   #19

We almost always turn our around. We watch the mid coach tv and I like the passenger chair with the footrest and reclining positions. We like the way the interior looks when they are turned around also.
Ann n Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:39 AM   #20
SRT

Monaco Owners Club
Our older coach has the tube type TV in the dash. The captains chairs are swiveled for sight lines to the tube.. If not watching the TV and we're sitting for a while, I use the co-pilots seat for using the computer. Have a foldable type tray for the laptop. The printer sits on the floor.
SRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:08 AM   #21
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
We have been thinking about going to a Class A and this is a major "negative" for us! As you said, almost all Class A's have the TV over the windshield so you have to sit on the couch and turn sideways to watch it. Bummer! The TV in our 5er is angled for perfect viewing from the two recliners in front of the rear windows. I'm sure some of the new Class A's have the TV back in the living area since we now have flatscreens. Guess back then there was not much choice!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:56 PM   #22

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
We have been thinking about going to a Class A and this is a major "negative" for us! As you said, almost all Class A's have the TV over the windshield so you have to sit on the couch and turn sideways to watch it. Bummer!

I changed out the overhead CRT television in our motorhome for a LED flatscreen, and hung it on the wall across from the couch. No more looking sideways and up while watching TV from the couch. I enclosed the area where the original overhead TV was with an extra shelf and door. It makes a really good storage area.
Old 02-06-2012, 02:16 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
We have been thinking about going to a Class A and this is a major "negative" for us! As you said, almost all Class A's have the TV over the windshield so you have to sit on the couch and turn sideways to watch it. Bummer! The TV in our 5er is angled for perfect viewing from the two recliners in front of the rear windows. I'm sure some of the new Class A's have the TV back in the living area since we now have flatscreens. Guess back then there was not much choice!
Our 2011 serrano has the tv in the middle of the coach across from the couch. The dimwits at thor left the hookups for sat receiver and cable in the upper right front cabinet. DUH! To change channels you have to point the remote behind you away from the tv.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:13 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherone View Post
To change channels you have to point the remote behind you away from the tv.
X10 makes a really good gadget to wirelessly change channels while pointing the remote in a different direction from the receiver. Downside is it is yet another energy consuming device.
Amazon.com: X-10 POWERMID Remote Control Extender Kit - Model 5900: Electronics
CapnMorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:26 PM   #25

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
We replaced our dinette with a second sofa and it really opened up the space.

We placed a removable table between the front seats so we have an eating area. We turn then 90deg so they face each other and the table stand between them . Our entry door is mid unit so this wouldn't work if your entrance is in front of the passenger seat.
Wow, what a great idea! I hate my dinette, it gobbles up so much space and if you want to watch tv, and someone else is laying on the sofa, you have to sit at the dinette and watch. That replacing the dinette with a second sofa is number one on my wish list. Hadnt thought of using the front chairs as an eating area. Can you send me a picture? Where did you mount the removable table? I would really appreciate it. I really like that idea.
Lincolnboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:32 PM   #26

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeatherTodd View Post
I spin the chairs around on stays longer than a day. If guests want to watch TV... they can watch it via the mirror reflection on the back wall
great idea!
Old 02-06-2012, 04:35 PM   #27

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I think it would be great if the front chairs were recliners. The back does recline but I mean the footrest that comes out. When you are in the parked position and the chairs are turned around. But, probably wouldn't work in my coach because there probably isn't enough room, the foot extensions would probably run into the sofa / dinette
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5482235.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	17729  
Old 02-06-2012, 06:29 PM   #28
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincolnboy2 View Post
Wow, what a great idea! I hate my dinette, it gobbles up so much space and if you want to watch tv, and someone else is laying on the sofa, you have to sit at the dinette and watch. That replacing the dinette with a second sofa is number one on my wish list. Hadnt thought of using the front chairs as an eating area. Can you send me a picture? Where did you mount the removable table? I would really appreciate it. I really like that idea.
Here is a pic. I wanted to add a larger more formal table but the one I have the wife likes that it is light and easier to get into the chairs.

Improvise, adapt and overcome... "Semper Fi"
TAZ is offline   Reply With Quote