Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-16-2008, 07:41 AM   #1

Has anyone used scotchguard or and other carpet protectant on your carpeting? We are picking up our 99 Chieftain this weekend which is new to us! I have a small Bissell Spot Lifter Power Brush that I thought I would use to freshen up the carpeting. If anyone has any other advise on carpet cleaning that would be great. I was thinking using a protectant of some sort might be a good idea, after cleaning. Any advice? I checked other posts regarding carpet cleaning, but have not seen any posts on using a protectant. Thanks, Mary
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2008, 07:41 AM   #2

Has anyone used scotchguard or and other carpet protectant on your carpeting? We are picking up our 99 Chieftain this weekend which is new to us! I have a small Bissell Spot Lifter Power Brush that I thought I would use to freshen up the carpeting. If anyone has any other advise on carpet cleaning that would be great. I was thinking using a protectant of some sort might be a good idea, after cleaning. Any advice? I checked other posts regarding carpet cleaning, but have not seen any posts on using a protectant. Thanks, Mary
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 03:47 PM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
hey jc i had my carpet,s cleaned when ibought it last year then sprayed it with protectant sprayed the carpet ,seat's and any thing else that i thought had to be proteted . glad i did because i knocked over acup of coffee and no stain.
bmanSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 03:26 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Take a look at 303 Protectant website. They make a fabric protector that looks really good. I haven't tried it yet but I have a small container and will be spot testing it soon.
lthrnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 05:14 PM   #5

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by J.C.:
Has anyone used scotchguard or and other carpet protectant on your carpeting? We are picking up our 99 Chieftain this weekend which is new to us! I have a small Bissell Spot Lifter Power Brush that I thought I would use to freshen up the carpeting. If anyone has any other advise on carpet cleaning that would be great. I was thinking using a protectant of some sort might be a good idea, after cleaning. Any advice? I checked other posts regarding carpet cleaning, but have not seen any posts on using a protectant. Thanks, Mary </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is a good idea after you get it completely clean. You would not want to seal or protect any residual dirt. Vacuume well so you won't be waisting cleaner on loose dirt and keep at it until it is clean enough to apply the stain guard. If it is badly soiled it may take a few cleanings before you get there.
Old 04-18-2008, 05:24 PM   #6

We've used Scotchguard Oxy Carpet Cleaner for years. Its good for spot cleaning and general cleaning.

Mostly we use it to clean the occasional water stain on the ceiling carpet.

Fulltimers! - Currently in Gainesville, FL - working as Webmaster & Special Projects Manager
Digital Boy is offline   Reply With Quote