Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-28-2018, 06:09 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted View Post
Tyndall was hit very very hard, I didn't take any pics when we were there out of respect.
Sen Rubio asked the AF to get damaged F 22s repaired quickly. The base is basically totaled. There are a few AF working to make the area safe and make determinations. The base commander has said it would take years to bring it back. Tyndall Personnel are working on other bases now. They were permitted on the base last week to go to their residence only to search for their property as they were evacuated with 1 suitcase. Naturally, the rumor is Tyndall may go the way of Homestead after the hurricane there. Tyndall has a lot more property and much more valuable property. With all that, the FamCamp and Crooked Road Beach are probably at the very bottom of the list of items of concern. Eglin is not that far away but not as nice as Tyndall was. VP Pence was there a few days ago and said it would be rebuilt, we shall see. He said Trump promised and keeps his promises.
Captn John is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-28-2018, 07:00 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted View Post
Tyndall was hit very very hard, I didn't take any pics when we were there out of respect.
I read today that the AF had to leave 22 Raptors, they were in maintenance and not flyable, in hangers on the base. Apparently the hangers fell apart and wrecked all 22. About 6 billion in lost aircraft. Let alone the cost to repair the base.

Hope everyone recovers swiftly and things get back to near normal.
Lmacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 07:18 PM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I didn't think they made that many.

Mike
Old 10-28-2018, 07:24 PM   #32

Cottondale to Crawfordville

Today I drove from Cottondale over towards Marianna (didn't go into town), then down SR-71 to Blountstown, then east on SR-20 and down to Crawfordville.

Hitchin Post Corral RVP at Cottondale has most every pine tree shredded while the sturdier cypress appeared ok. The CG is open and full, with lots of insurance adjustors, but crews are still moving downed trees and restoring service. The owner told me it took two days to cut their way out to the road.

From there I went east on I-10 and turned off south on SR-71. From there to Blountstown and east to Hosford was on the nastier side of the storm. Hundreds of thousands if not millions of pine trees were simply snapped off and what wasn't snapped off was simply pulled up and thrown. I saw oodles of blue tarps but not the structural damage as seen at the coast, but if you had trees overhanging your house or mobile home you now had trees on your house or mobile home. A CG south of Marianna had the stuffin blown out of it.

Proceeding east of the Apalachicola River, trees were broken off or laid northward, then farther were bowed over, and then farther east there was no damage. I'm now at Wildwood RVP south of Crawfordville.

That area of north Florida, because it's covered with trees, is going to be a long time recovering not because of direct wind damage but because of downed trees on buildings etc. It's far enough from the coast that citizens thought they would be safe.
Old 10-29-2018, 03:50 PM   #33

We stayed at Ho Hum last January and loved our site & view! How did the park fair during the hurricane?
JWBranning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 02:12 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by kksalmon View Post
We are booked in at "Carrabelle RV Resort" for a week start in November 22nd (on our way to Fort Myers for the winter). The resort posted they had minimal damage and expected to have power back in a few days. I also saw the Golf course was going to open next week for play. What else does anyone have to report about this area and what should we expect.
Thank you,
Kim & Connie
Hi, On Sunday drove past Carabelle Beach-RV Park right across from it, looked in good shape. Quite a few RVs in Park.Roads are clear. Lots of damage in area. Huge debris piled next to road. We were driving our RV. Enjoy your stay.
LisaVWH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 02:11 PM   #35

Stayed at Ho Hum for six nights last week while we repaired our house two miles to the east. All of the beach sites were destroyed by Michael but have been repaired now and half occupied as of yesterday. They also lost one wall to their office and should no have their internet back up. They had to call up to Tallahassee to check everyone in and find out what sites were available. Very nice people.
Old 10-31-2018, 07:08 PM   #36

Just got a call from Reserve America cancelling December reservations through 31 December at St. George Island state park. Was hoping that wasn't going to happen (it was our Christmas trip) but not terribly surprised.
scubes3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 08:32 AM   #37

Went across a portion of I-10 both directions in early summer. After Layafette on to Mississippi border it was no less than horrible both ways. Single lanes in many areas and tougher than a wood haulers ass.
Wayne Clamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 05:14 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag73e View Post
We will be at Ho Humm for Thanksgiving - 3rd year. They called us a couple of days ago to confirm our resv and said they will be open, with elec, water and sewer. No cable, WiFi unknown. Working hard to get everything back. Lookin at the pictures it looks like wind was sustainable, trees still standing, don’t know about the surge. Looks lots better than Carrabelle. The folks at Ho Humm are so nice, love going there.

Enjoy your time at Ho Hum it’s one of our favorite campgrounds

Click image for larger version

Name:	DD246A9A-CF47-4339-8478-C9FDC012A8D0.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	438.5 KB
ID:	227069

This is a picture out of our window or the jetty at Ho Hum I took 5 years ago hope it’s still a beautiful
Vsilvester is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hurricane