Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-24-2015, 07:54 AM   #281

Ford Super Duty Owner
Morning, back in April we migrated West to Utah. I was only able to raise 1 RV'er and he was requesting a radio check on 19, I think it was western Ohio. Yeah I heard a few foulmouthed fools. But overall the CB saved us a couple of times. And a number of truckers broke just to talk. The big saves were; North Platte Nebraska East Bounders were notifying West Bound about the I-80 closure, 30 car/truck pile up. Hit exit and got our pick of pull through sites, we watched as the place filled up. Next day we were 2 miles east of Cheyenne, again east bounders we're warning I-80 West Bound closed due to;black ice, high wind & almost zero visibility. Again DW said this exit has a camp ground, they were about 10% capacity, got another pull through site and watched as the place filled up. Each time I made calls on 13, not a peep. We are in Ogden Utah for a short while, July DW heads back to Maryland for a Med Procedure, then she is bringing our Granddaughter back here via the California Zephyr out of Chicago. She's here for 3 weeks, and of course "We Are Going To Spoil Her Rotten". This is going to be her second train trip.
Hope everyone in irv2 Land is Happy, Healthy, and Overall Enjoying Life.
If you hear;Break, how bout those Romero Victors, this is Bilgerat we're looking, any RV'ers come back?
If you're mike shy just say, " Hi Bilge, how you doin You Ol Stinker"!.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-25-2015, 07:20 AM   #282

Good to hear it saved you twice on one trip.
I'm guessing that if there was black ice, most RVs were either south or in storage.
I'll keep my ears on.

Old 05-25-2015, 09:33 AM   #283

Question ? Are the decals reflective??
Old 05-27-2015, 05:03 PM   #284

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I'm in too!
Old 05-30-2015, 09:59 AM   #285

Waste of money! CB is dead. Might as well post your cell number.

Phil Swanson
95 Babybird
Old 05-30-2015, 02:29 PM   #286

Let me ask is differently? I am thinking about getting a decals and in making a decision on color I would like to know if they are made of a reflective material. In pa. I need a yearly inspection and have to watch that I am in compliance.
Old 05-30-2015, 07:16 PM   #287

Fleetwood Owners Club
These decals are NOT reflective.
Craig N Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 10:52 PM   #288

Thor Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by philipswanso View Post
Waste of money! CB is dead. Might as well post your cell number.

Phil Swanson
95 Babybird
So you have 100% cell service everywhere you go? My CB works no matter where I go. Just saying
Old 05-31-2015, 08:55 AM   #289

The CB is like the old question about sound. When a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it still make a sound?

Sure, Verizon works fine on any road I take the coach. I had a CB but after two years of getting no one on the highway, I junked it!

Phil Swanson
Old 05-31-2015, 09:44 AM   #290

Winnebago Owners Club
IMHO the CB is for listening and transmitting on public airways for anyone within range to listen or respond. I can usually find out why the traffic is stopped as far as the eye can see on the CB but would not know who to call on my cell phone to find out the same information. There are options like the app waze that allow input from others about traffic if you are using a smart phone but I prefer the CB most of the time in these situations. I carry both and feel that gives me the tools necessary to stay informed on the road.

Sent from my iPhone6 using iRV2 mobile
Old 06-01-2015, 09:40 AM   #291

Exactly right RLBCCB ! Everyone has experienced cell outages as towers go down or areas suffer power outages. My CB works 24 / 7. It may be a communications system from the dark ages, but when the cells are dead, CB still gets us there.
Old 06-01-2015, 04:29 PM   #292

Fleetwood Owners Club
The idea is that although the cell phone is here and we do use them, what happens when..... Your Stairs are down.....Your Antenna is up.......You have an issue out side that is not detectable from where you are sitting driving down the road......You are lost.....There is a huge wreck..... ummm..... are you posting your cell phone number on the back of your rig? Did you triangulate your position before you got lost for the person you call on your cell phone for directions?

ENOUGH WITH THE CELL PHONE VS. CB BANTER!!! The cell phone is a great tool, but the CB may save your Butt, Your Rig, or Time when you really need it on the road!!

For you guys that don't understand this.....it's ok....Move On!!! This thread was for those of us that are thinking clearly or just wanting to add another facet to our RV'ing experience!!
Craig N Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 06:28 PM   #293

Thor Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
TROONORTH. I agree.
Life is a trip, ENJOY the ride.
Safe Travels.
woodworker414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 08:03 PM   #294

. Well we made our decision. check is in the mail, snail mail we would like the red one what's a black letters. thank you very much. if you pass a little 210 fun finder. Give me a call, ( Dusty )

Tags
rvs