Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-01-2015, 10:38 PM   #309

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Where in the U.S. Are they on ch13? Or is it mostly used while caravanning ?
Out of all the vast membership of irv2 there have been only 300 plus inquiries for ch13 plates.
When I am on the road I leave my CB on scan and in 100,000 plus miles have never heard anyone on 13.
This is a serious question as I travel all over the U.S. and would be interested in the areas 13 is used .

Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-01-2015, 10:48 PM   #310

Winnebago Owners Club
Wiki says it's the "unofficial RV channel" - maybe it will catch on some day

Old 07-01-2015, 11:53 PM   #311

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
We used to run "7" while traveling in a group, now we run "13" to chat with each other. I must admit that we don't get much 13 chatter when traveling alone, although I have recently had conversations with others as a result of my decal.
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 08:39 AM   #312

I have started to hear more of my fellow R.V'ers on Ch 13 over the last few years. It is clearly a case of CB in general falling into disuse and now being re-discovered slowly. One would think that in a community of this size ( several million R.V. operators?) that there would be a channel on CB used mainly by that community.

We may be at the end of a trend or at the beginning. I would prefer the latter. And it costs nothing to have my CB tuned to 13 while we travel. God knows, that there is little else of interest ( or rated P.G. on there - the language is just awful) on the CB so we are not missing much! So my CB stays on ch 13, and in the words of 'Doctor Frazier Crane'; "I'm listening......"
Old 07-17-2015, 10:12 PM   #313

We travel with the CB on 13 and 19 scanning but have heard nothing on 13 despite CQs on the channel for any RVers. I will continue to have it on 13 but we also monitor HAM via portable on 146.520 mhz.
Old 07-18-2015, 08:43 AM   #314

I rarely use CB anymore but if I am in a traffic tie up I use ch 19 to hear whats going on. I guess cell phone are to blame. Just mhop.
Old 07-19-2015, 03:28 PM   #315

I'm In good idea
Old 08-03-2015, 10:09 PM   #316

Wow... wish I had read this thread a few years ago! I own a print shop, would easily print these for 1/2 the price in this thread. Be interested in seeing if there is still a demand for these.
Old 08-04-2015, 07:57 AM   #317

Hello its me again dusty one well we have made it successful trip to North Carolina and back. a couple of people have asked about the sticker. Told them we were starting up channel 13 again as an RV channel. It got a couple of campers thinking maybe it would be a good idea I think the more we get the idea out there the better chances we could get back together again see you on the road still out here enjoying headed north on 79
Old 08-04-2015, 10:56 AM   #318

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRod View Post
Wow... wish I had read this thread a few years ago! I own a print shop, would easily print these for 1/2 the price in this thread. Be interested in seeing if there is still a demand for these.
I got mine at Cafe Press for a lot less, too. And I got to custom design it. Sorry to see someone making money off of us when we can get it cheaper elsewhere.
Old 08-04-2015, 12:31 PM   #319

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVJeeper View Post
I got mine at Cafe Press for a lot less, too. And I got to custom design it. Sorry to see someone making money off of us when we can get it cheaper elsewhere.
Walmart shopping isn't for everyone.
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 10:35 PM   #320

Fleetwood Owners Club
I tried to keep my mouth shut but that last comment got to me.....I started this for Fun and Safety while on the road! I went to a local automotive graphic designer for these and as so many wanted different colors and to be large enough for people to see, not to mention automotive grade that will last, I started getting them out to people that wanted them.... The Decals cost me $17.30 each, The heavy duty envelope cost me $1.50 each, and then the postage to mail these all over the US, Canada and Mexico has been more than I ever thought it would be! I have lost almost $1.00 for every decal I shipped!! I didn't care because I thought it was a good idea....I have had to reorder them on several occasions to get everyone the colors they wanted and this is the comments I get for my donation and trouble??
I own a very successful business that has nothing to do with decals or graphics and I didn't need to do this to make any money! I have been in business for 19 years and have never been so insulted!!
If you two can get us a better quality decal that is many different colors and you will ship them all over the US, Canada, and Mexico for half!!! Please knock yourselves out!!
Craig N Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 10:42 PM   #321

iRV2 No Limits Club
Our present rig doesn't even have a CB nor is it wired for one. The '02 DSDP had one and I really never found it useful, even in a caravan as the coverage was very poor. The SWR was correct but there wasn't a good ground plane and really needed a no ground plane antenna. Just never felt the need to upgrade it.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 12:06 AM   #322

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Craig N Deb
Don't let this stuff get to you ! With all the members that irv2 has there will always be a naysayer.
You provided a service that was needed. They did not ! For every 50 people that say the sky is up, there will be one or two that say it is down and someone else that says there is no sky at all.
It happens for any subject that is posted !
Thank you for providing the signs, you are the only one to step up and fill a need . Thanks !

Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rvs