Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-05-2016, 07:43 AM   #379

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hey Craig,
2,000 miles and not 1 sticker besides mine.
Of course I couldn't get one person to wave as they passed us.
Drove around the park and not one here either.
What can happen too ya from a wave.?
Don't get it.
Minnesota nice must of stayed in Minnesota.
Tim

spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2016, 12:30 PM   #380

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hi Tim,
I have seen the same thing in our travels....:
I don't have an answer really but, I have only sold a couple dozen decals...
It would take a lot more than that to be noticed.
I have found a lot of guys talking to me on the road but, I wish it were more....just got to keep a positive spin on it and get them out there!
Keep Rollin'
Craig

Craig N Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 10:37 AM   #381

I have told you guys many times before. It only works if you travel in an organized convoy. Most people have scrapped the CB long ago with the advent of cell phones. CBs are great if you travel in an organized group like a trip to Alaska. Even then, you do not need a stupid decal. Sorry to rain on your parade but you started marching in a storm to begin with.
Old 01-07-2016, 10:49 AM   #382

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Please to explain to a guy with a stupid decal how you hear on a cell phone that up the Hwy is bridge work causing a 2 mile back up. ??

Tim
Old 01-07-2016, 10:15 PM   #383

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
Please to explain to a guy with a stupid decal how you hear on a cell phone that up the Hwy is bridge work causing a 2 mile back up. ??

Tim

You are absolutely correct ! Thats why I keep tuned to 19 with a little boost.
In 110,000 miles and 5 laps around the USA , I have yet to see another IRV2 emblem plate much less ever heard a living soul on 13 !!!
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 11:43 AM   #384

Quote:

Tim
Simple, There are apps out there that tell you road conditions and you can always call the Highway Patrol or local police for information. The idea is not to get caught in these situations to begin with. Sorry to tell you but the cell phone is what killed CB. Like it or not, that is a fact. The truckers can call each other now.
Old 01-08-2016, 12:38 PM   #385

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by philipswanso View Post
Simple, There are apps out there that tell you road conditions and you can always call the Highway Patrol or local police for information. The idea is not to get caught in these situations to begin with. Sorry to tell you but the cell phone is what killed CB. Like it or not, that is a fact. The truckers can call each other now.
You obviously are not preaching to the choir.

So why bother as we will continue to use the CB and it works for us whether you like it or not.
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 08:18 AM   #386

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by philipswanso View Post
Call me old fashion , your telling me a trucker going 80 miles an hour the other way will get a phone number from his Door & call him?
I can push a button and find out or just listen. Your taken your eyes off the road to find your cell and then dialing a number?
HWP and locals have better things to do but tell the public that there is a bridge under repair, and illegal to text and drive in my state.
Not sold Sir/Madam,

JMO,
Tim
Old 01-10-2016, 12:09 PM   #387

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hey Guys,

I sit back and just watch these conversations and it makes me laugh.....If you like using a CB radio like I do and if so many other guys like using their CB radios, I don't quite understand why it concerns you because you DON'T like using a CB?!?!
I will make this so easy for you.....there is a button on every thread that says...."Leave Conversation" I have asked nicely many times but, you just can't get some things through some peoples heads....HIT THE BUTTON!!! This thread is certainly not for you!
I like using my CB and have some really great conversations on it with some other RV'rs and some very nice truckers....I am using my decal and I like it!!!
I switch between 19 and 13 depending on what I see rolling down the road or what information I am looking for. I understand that you don't want to use a CB or even have one for that matter.... PLEASE MOVE ON!! Your BS posts are not going to make me stop using mine and apparently there are plenty of guys like me that are going to continue using their CB's. Why do you care if we use our radios?? Get a life that suits you and Hit The Button!!!!
Craig N Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 12:29 PM   #388

Quote:

Tim
spritz
FYI you don't NEED a CB13 decal "uglying up" your RV to get highway backup information on channel 19 of any CB radio.
Mel
'96 Safari
Old 01-10-2016, 03:20 PM   #389

Since I'm not a "C" (ex-pat Brit) I couldn't use the one I got in a used truck I bought. Does anyone know if that restriction is still in place?

It was one of those idiot regulations back in the mid-1960s. I couldn't own an airplane, but could use the radio in someone else's. I could own a boat but couldn't use it's ship-to-shore radio.

Since we've quit the lifestyle, this is academic anyway.
Old 01-10-2016, 09:11 PM   #390

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankdamp View Post
Since I'm not a "C" (ex-pat Brit) I couldn't use the one I got in a used truck I bought. Does anyone know if that restriction is still in place?

It was one of those idiot regulations back in the mid-1960s. I couldn't own an airplane, but could use the radio in someone else's. I could own a boat but couldn't use it's ship-to-shore radio.

Since we've quit the lifestyle, this is academic anyway.
To the best of my knowledge Frank, BBs both sides of our border are deregulated so you can use them at will. If you get questioned about your Brit accent, say thank you and pretend your practicing for a TV show part on an upcoming PBS special.

If pressed just say its a bit part on Doc Martin.
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 10:50 AM   #391

[QUOTE=Possum;2893096]You obviously are not preaching to the choir.

You are right. I never go to church! Just stating the facts. And yes I do use a CB radio but I realize its limitations on the highway these days.
Old 01-11-2016, 04:13 PM   #392

I have to say that coming up from FL to MA just after Thanksgiving, I used the CB on 19 extensively. The truckers were very active as there were many accidents. Helped enormously to determine whether to get off the road or press on.

Rick

Tags
rvs