Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-22-2013, 04:09 PM   #29

Damon Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
I would like a red one. Tell me where to send the money. I appreciate your efforts in this matter.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-22-2013, 04:10 PM   #30

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ditto.

Old 10-22-2013, 05:12 PM   #31
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KP2X View Post
I would like to have Monitor CH 13 and 146.520" decal. I am in.
I believe the OP is trying to keep this as simple as possible. Adding more words to the decal will only make it smaller type, harder to read & much more expensive. Keeping with just CB 13 keeps the cost down & gets the message out in a concise manner.

@Craig - any break if we settle on just 1 color scheme?

Lori-

P.S. Thank you for all the work you're putting into this. We couldn't get enough interest in a 2x3 flag, so I know the time & effort you're putting into this.
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:16 PM   #32

Winnebago Owners Club
Count us in. Thanks for looking into this.

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:32 PM   #33

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig N Deb View Post
If I was selling them 1 color world wide like a bumper sticker or advertising my company or if we ordered 2,000 of them, I am sure they would be cheaper.
I am just a guy that is trying to do something for the RV community to try and make life more fun and in some cases safer on the road. You are welcome to try and get some prices from someone you know and then handle getting them made, paid for, and then shipped.
These are not paper bumper stickers, they are lasered vinyl that will hold up in the weather and road grime and will not fade.
Please tell me if you guys want to bail on this......I will only do this if you really want it. I am not going to deal with negative BS right off the bat. Wow! way to ruin my day!!!
This was actually tried on the rvnet open roads forum several years ago. I ordered a decal-seems to me it was black and white-and stuck it on the back of my then travel trailer. Traveled thru several States and never had a call but did monitor a few conversations of people traveling together but that was probably because of people knowing about channel 13. I can't say it isn't worth the effort but nothing happened for me as far as RVers are concerned. I did have one trucker ask me about the Rvin lifestyle though. To me, all it would indicate is that the driver has a CB and might or, might not, be tuned to channel 13. I still think it's a good idea to have a CB radio. Got me out of a jam once.
Richard
Old 10-22-2013, 06:42 PM   #34

Freightliner Owners Club
We have a real nice CB (Cobra) and it's a real talker.....but.....nobody's on them anymore? I've monitored most of the lower channels (2-23) on trips just to see if I can catch a conversation. Seems the only conversations I pick up are coming off of "skip". The truckers hardly talk anymore I guess because of their smart phones yet I always see CB antennas mounted on their mirrors. And, very few of our RV friends have CB's. I think it's a great idea. I come from the old CB days and really enjoyed talking and listening to the conversations of others. But, I doubt CB's will get much traction in the future. I know I sound wishy-washy but to my own dismay even though I think it's a great idea I'm not sure the sticker is going to help any. $20 seems a little high to get someone to "breaker, breaker for that Discovery MH". But, I'd pay it if I thought it would work...is that wishy-washy or what?
Old 10-22-2013, 06:45 PM   #35
Alaskan Member

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Put me down for one
Old 10-22-2013, 06:48 PM   #36

Ford Super Duty Owner
I'm in
(RVM#26) THE U-RV 94 F-700/24 foot U-haul box home built RV
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:01 PM   #37

Winnebago Owners Club
Count me in as well....
Old 10-22-2013, 10:18 PM   #38

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kratzkr View Post
Count me in as well....
Me too for two.
Just set it up so I can mail the money I don't do paypal after getting ripped off by paypal.
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:42 PM   #39

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I don't like decals because they curl, peel, fade and fracture. Just had them all removed from the RV and got paint to cover the shadows.
I'll get an acrylic goose egg made with CB 13 and my handle underneath made by a vendor at the nest RV Rally I attend.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:54 PM   #40

Im in.

While I am not keen on glueing a sticker direct to my fiberglass chassis, I would likkey make a plate that I can fasten to the rear without defacing the rig unless the decal could be removed if required.

Have 2 CB's in my garage + 1 portable unit around somewhere , do not have one installed in my present RV, but I could readily install one, back in the CB heyday years, (long before we had cell phones, which I only got my first one in1987) I used a CB all the time. Mainly for traffic info, but I did communicate with truckers and other RVers, mostly on CH 19. The police monitored CH9 back then also, Don't think they do that anymore,
Old 10-22-2013, 11:05 PM   #41

I think CH13 would be more appropriate.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:03 AM   #42

Thor Owners Club
CB 13 Decals

I suppose I'd get one, but a couple thoughts:
  • Many, many years ago, there was a similar move to make Channel 13 the RV channel. Someone designed and sold decals to that end, I put one on my trailer, and ... nothing. And this was back when lots of people had CBs. If I recall correctly, the decal was a white background, black text, with an icon of a microphone and "CB 13" on it, oval about 6" x 4". I thought I still had one laying around someplace, but it's probably in the same place where everything else is that I can't find.
  • Any my luck isn't much better with my "146.52 MHz" stickers. I've had those on my vehicles for 10+ years, and I have an Amateur Radio vanity license place with my call sign (K4EAK), and I can count on one hand the number of calls I've gotten on the road. And that's for people (hams) who are mostly radio kooks (like me) and will talk to anyone.
  • On the other hand, I pulled into the Good Sam Rally in Daytona Beach and, just for the fun of it, called "CQ" on Channel 13 (actually the CB equivalent, "Anyone on this frequency?") and got lots of call-backs. Had a nice time chatting with various people while I was lined up waiting to get directed to my spot.
I guess the bottom line is that it's a good idea, and you can count me in, but don't expect a flurry of radio activity...

Skip

SkipRD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rvs