Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-04-2012, 10:44 AM   #141

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Sure is better if you have to travel any distance to know that you will have a place to stay so I would rather send a photo and have a good idea I'm OK than get to the CG and be told to get lost. Snowbird season in Fl might mean it's not so easy just to go somewhere else.

I also don't have a problem with the 10 year rule when there is a simple exception by just sending a pic and our MH is quickly approaching 10. Ever take a ride through a CG to look around and see if you like it? We have and if the first thing we saw was a not so nice camper it would turn me right off on the place.

They decided to draw the line somewhere, made it 10 but were good enough to make an exception for anyone with a 10+ granted it looked decent. If someone doesn't like that it is easy to vote with your money by giving it to another CG.

HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2012, 10:53 AM   #142

Thor Owners Club
If you have a nice, well kept RV at all times then you don't have any problems with the 10 + year rule. If you have an ugly ill kept RV, then you do have a problem with the 10 + year rule. Which one are you?

I am the first and proud!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-04-2012, 11:14 AM   #143

Ford Super Duty Owner
should i be offended that at 29 ft i am not allowed in some class a only resorts,i look as good or better that the longer rigs
brianj
Old 08-04-2012, 11:20 AM   #144
Moderator Emeritus

I think part of the problem is that we don't all agree on what the park's objective is in setting an age rule/guideline. I contend the objective is to keep the park looking neat, clean, and inviting for their customers. Others believe that it is to somehow keep out "second class citizens". This discrepancy can lead to wildly different conclusions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiddleb View Post
Sorry, I feel if someone wants to be a "snob" and have a "snooty RV park" that's their God-given right. May not like it, may not like them, but no law against being a jerk and it's not discrimination. I keep going back to the fact that it's their property, their right to set their business rules, and the market will decide. That's all. Don't like the rules, don't go there... probably wouldn't like the people anyways.

Can't take it personally. Life's too short. This started out as a discussion about the rigs, not the people.
I agree completely with the "it's not personal" sentiment, but if it's not being taken personally then why the name calling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirpurrcival View Post
Most of us understand well a CG Owners need to make their campgrounds neat and safe. This 10 year old rule doesn't ensure that at all. At best, it might make a campground look more contemporary but it says nothing about the quality of the people behind the wheel. Rude, inconsiderate people come in all shapes, sizes and income groups. Is a 30 year old house better than a 40 year old house? Depends really oh how it is taken care. Same thing with these kinds of rules, each case is different.
I agree that the age of the unit says nothing about the quality of the people inside, and I don't believe the business owner was attempting to make that connection in the first place.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 02:14 PM   #145

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FW5000DRIVER View Post
If you have a nice, well kept RV at all times then you don't have any problems with the 10 + year rule. If you have an ugly ill kept RV, then you do have a problem with the 10 + year rule. Which one are you?

I am the first and proud!!!!!!!!!
Choice #3: One that has a nice well kept 10+ RV AND has a problem with the rule..
Old 08-04-2012, 02:18 PM   #146

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO View Post
I think part of the problem is that we don't all agree on what the park's objective is in setting an age rule/guideline. I contend the objective is to keep the park looking neat, clean, and inviting for their customers. Others believe that it is to somehow keep out "second class citizens". This discrepancy can lead to wildly different conclusions.

I agree completely with the "it's not personal" sentiment, but if it's not being taken personally then why the name calling?

I agree that the age of the unit says nothing about the quality of the people inside, and I don't believe the business owner was attempting to make that connection in the first place.

Rick
I'm just trying to get people to see that this is indeed a form of discrimination..
Old 08-04-2012, 02:24 PM   #147
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl View Post
I'm just trying to get people to see that this is indeed a form of discrimination..
Understood, and I agree that it is another form of discrimination.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
Old 08-04-2012, 02:33 PM   #148

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO View Post
Understood, and I agree that it is another form of discrimination.

Rick
I can rest peacefully now...
Old 08-04-2012, 03:30 PM   #149

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl
I can rest peacefully now...
Is that all it took?
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 03:32 PM   #150

Monaco Owners Club
Yipee!!! NOW, let's go campin' Beer and a Smores anyone? I understand the Beer and Chocolate are now considered medicinal !
Old 08-04-2012, 03:36 PM   #151
Moderator Emeritus

We now return to our regularly scheduled program of discussing black tank clogs, toilet paper, and WalMart parking.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
Old 08-04-2012, 03:44 PM   #152

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawnotes
Yipee!!! NOW, let's go campin' Beer and a Smores anyone? I understand the Beer and Chocolate are now considered medicinal !
Absolutely!
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 03:46 PM   #153

Gulf Streamers Club
I'm glad everyone's feelings have been soothed. On some recent stays in Washington, Idaho, Utah, and Colorado, I didn't pay attention to the manufacture date of the RVs in the park, but how long they had been in the spot. Seems like the longer they are in a site, the more junk accumulates around it. A couple in a park in Moab had so much 'stuff' around them, the 'campers' had erected 6' high stockade fences around their site. I'm not talking off in a corner, but right in the middle of a row of other campsites. Must have been relatives of the owners or something.

We saw this at various sites, the longer they were parked, the more junk around and under them. Maybe instead of age of the camper, you should be required to move after a few weeks, like in national, state parks and forest service campgrounds. Just an observation.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 04:05 PM   #154

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by clyon51 View Post
Is that all it took?