Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-05-2012, 08:08 PM   #183
laj

Quote:
Originally Posted by FW5000DRIVER
If you have a 10+ year old RV and have been discriminated against, you have an ill kept (ugly) old RV. It's not discrimination ; it's called rules.

Plus even if I showered perfectly and went to a restaurant with no shoes and no shirt, the business would not let me in. They aren't discriminating but ensuring an environment that people feel comfortable in. In the end customers come back because of the atmosphere.
Damn straight

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-05-2012, 08:09 PM   #184

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawnotes View Post
Well, the coach sure doesn't drive it's self or make the reservation.
LOL. I have bitten my tongue at a few points regarding this "it isn't discrimination if it isn't directed towards a person" argument. It is just like some ferry companies that charge x number of dollars for the vehicle and then add y number of dollars for the driver. I love it when they say that because my response always is "well, I'll just send the car then". It is a silly distinction. Ok, my MH can't enter but I can proceed? End result = same.

Reservations are not always possible. Unforeseen things happen all the time. You didn't get to your destination because of trouble on the roads. You were out of cell range, had mechanical difficulties, bad weather. Try to imagine how you might feel at the end of a long exasperating day when you find a CG and some wet behind the ears teen says to you that "I"m sorry your MH is too old" and the CG Owner can't be contacted to make an exception and no assurance that he/she will make an exception even if they are.

Old 08-05-2012, 08:12 PM   #185
Community Moderator

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The campground is presumably a private entity and as such can refuse service to anyone for any reason. In just the same way that the Augusta golf club can and does refuse membership to women.

And what about the "Class A Only" resorts? I don't hear all the Class C owners yelling about that. Get serious people, if you own a rig older than 10 years, just go to another campground and don't give this one your business. Sheesh, get a reality check!
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2012 Honda CRV on Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar. Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:13 PM   #186

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by laj View Post
The law does when it is used against an inanimate object.
So the law DOES say its illegal to discriminate against an inanimate object??

Quote:
Here's something for you to ponder on. I am licensed In 7 different states to practice law in. I can't just waltz in to that 8th one and set up an office, or even represent a client in that state unless I go by their rules, I.E pass their state bar exam and pay my money. Now, is that discrimination or going by the rules? If that didn't work every attorney across the us would have a CAS that wouldn't quit.
Wow.. lawyer huh? With that comparison to lean on?
Old 08-05-2012, 08:15 PM   #187

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FW5000DRIVER View Post
If you have a 10+ year old RV and have been discriminated against, you have an ill kept (ugly) old RV. It's not discrimination ; it's called rules.
So a 2 year old ill kept (ugly) RV is ok? BTW, I noticed you said 'and have been discriminated against'. So you agree, its discrimination?
Old 08-05-2012, 08:18 PM   #188
laj

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawnotes
Seriously.....they have the "right" to do anything they want, but that doesn't make it "right"!

1) Let's not throw the baby out with the bath water. I don't think anyone has proposed NO rules in a CG.

2) Statements like "keep them out, do not want, beat-up, worn-out, rundown RV's" and only applying that to RV's over 10 years old is patently WRONG!

3) Making that connection IS insulting, stupid, narrow minded, short sighted and down right RUDE!
Oh, I see, you just want to pick the rules as long as they don't hurt you. What about the next guy? He will have a different set he wants or doesn't want. How about we let the guy with the money and his butt on the line set his rule, if we don't like them or don't fit we move on. When you put your money, and financial life on the line you set the rules not before.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:19 PM   #189

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I was checking out a beautiful park right on the Pacific in Puorto Valarto (spell check) and this beauty had a great spot 200' of white sand from the water. The rebar on the windows was unusual. We decided to go back to San Diego and camp.

max49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:21 PM   #190

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by max49 View Post
I was checking out a beautiful park right on the Pacific in Puorto Valarto (spell check) and this beauty had a great spot 200' of white sand from the water. The rebar on the windows was unusual. We decided to go back to San Diego and camp.

Nice!
Old 08-05-2012, 08:22 PM   #191
laj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl

Wow.. lawyer huh? With that comparison to lean on?
That's not what question nor answer was. The law says you can discriminate against an inanimate object. Better be quicker then that.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:24 PM   #192

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Oh, I see, you just want to pick the rules as long as they don't hurt you. What about the next guy? He will have a different set he wants or doesn't want. How about we let the guy with the money and his butt on the line set his rule, if we don't like them or don't fit we move on. When you put your money, and financial life on the line you set the rules not before.
Dude.. the discussion, again, is not whether they have the right to make, or not make, these rules. It is about whether such rules, and more importantly, the way the rules are applied, are discriminatory. As a lawyer (in seven states, no less), I fail to see why you haven't grasped this yet..
Old 08-05-2012, 08:26 PM   #193
laj

No, you said it was illegal to discriminate in this way. The op was asking about sending pics of more then ten yr. old rigs
Old 08-05-2012, 08:26 PM   #194

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Discrimination is legal. Only when it points to a person in a specific way does it become illegal
Period. That's the law. Like it or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl View Post
Again, who said it was illegal?
Quote:
The law does when it is used against an inanimate object.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl View Post
Quote:
That's not what question nor answer was. The law says you can discriminate against an inanimate object. Better be quicker then that.
Faster than you apparently

Please make up you mind. Or are you trying to become a politician?
Old 08-05-2012, 08:27 PM   #195

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack1234

I agree that the 10yr rule is discriminatory. Can't agree that there is a correlation between one's bank balance & the age of their RV.
Couldn't agree more with this and the rest of your post. I can certainly confirm your last statement and I know I'm not the only one. We love our '99 and have no desire at all to upgrade.

The 2 motorcycles we tow with it are worth twice what the coach is. I won't tell you what our 4000 sq ft house on the lake is worth or how much we have in investments. The only point I'm trying to make is to confirm that your RV is no reflection on your bank account.

I have no doubt that the public CGs that have a 10 yr restriction are fewer than 1%, so I have no idea why some folks are so upset about this.
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:27 PM   #196

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
No, you said it was illegal to discriminate in this way. The op was asking about sending pics of more then ten yr. old rigs
Where did I say that?