Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-05-2012, 08:28 PM   #197
laj

Doesn't pay enough

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-05-2012, 08:28 PM   #198

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawnotes
Seriously.....they have the "right" to do anything they want, but that doesn't make it "right"!

1) Let's not throw the baby out with the bath water. I don't think anyone has proposed NO rules in a CG.

2) Statements like "keep them out, do not want, beat-up, worn-out, rundown RV's" and only applying that to RV's over 10 years old is patently WRONG!

3) Making that connection IS insulting, stupid, narrow minded, short sighted and down right RUDE!
OK...safe to assume you are not prepared to invest your life savings in the Anarchist CG. Appears you do approve of discrimination (rules)...just certain rules. Fair enough your CG... Your rules.

I think, from your tone, it is safe to assume that you would also not welcome some authority deciding which of your rules are acceptable.

I'm still curious, however...., Will your CG approve of and/or welcome "all" RV's regardless of age, physical appearance, structural integrity ....,.or will you discriminate?

Assuming you will have some rules or standards for the RV's you welcome into your CG....will you:

1) Let people know about these rules "before" they get to your CG or will you walk out and inspect each RV as it arrives.

2) Will your discriminatory rules be objective or will they be completely arbitrary depending on how you feel?

3) If they are objective.... What will they be?

By the way....I'm not looking to start WW111 with this discussion. I'm just curious as to why people are so torqued-up over a private business making some "objective" rules (discrimination) about the standards they wish to establish for their business.

Jack1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:32 PM   #199

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by laj View Post
Doesn't pay enough
Hey, you said I said it..
Old 08-05-2012, 08:32 PM   #200

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl
So a 2 year old ill kept (ugly) RV is ok? BTW, I noticed you said 'and have been discriminated against'. So you agree, its discrimination?
Nope I have a 12 year old beauty. It is highly unlikely that a two year RV will be ill kept. They just spent a big sum of money. So, bad example.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:33 PM   #201

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
So a 2 year old ill kept (ugly) RV is ok? BTW, I noticed you said 'and have been discriminated against'. So you agree, its discrimination?
Plus read the whole posting. It's not discrimination.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:37 PM   #202

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack1234 View Post
By the way....I'm not looking to start WW111 with this discussion. I'm just curious as to why people are so torqued-up over a private business making some "objective" rules (discrimination) about the standards they wish to establish for their business.
Not against having rulles at all.. Not even against a 'picture' rule. I AM against rules only being applied to 10+ year coachs, and ONLY after the owner finds out its 10 yrs old.. Make it a blanket requirement, and I'd be ok. Then, not only would you STILL be keeping out who you might think of as 'riff-raff' or what not, but you would not be ticking off any potential customers with perfectly serviceable RVs in the process.

Its a simple concept, and I'm really at a loss as to why no one is grasping it. Shoot, even professed 'lawyers' cant seem to grasp it..

Seems all anybody wants to do is read the word 'discrimination' and immediately assume I am saying its somehow illegal or dont want rules.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:37 PM   #203

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by clyon51 View Post
Couldn't agree more with this and the rest of your post. I can certainly confirm your last statement and I know I'm not the only one. We love our '99 and have no desire at all to upgrade.

The 2 motorcycles we tow with it are worth twice what the coach is. I won't tell you what our 4000 sq ft house on the lake is worth or how much we have in investments. The only point I'm trying to make is to confirm that your RV is no reflection on your bank account.

I have no doubt that the public CGs that have a 10 yr restriction are fewer than 1%, so I have no idea why some folks are so upset about this.
Just my luck the first reservation I try to make and it's at one of those "1%" places

Upset? Disappointed is the word for me..........what a dumb rule and attitude. We love our new to us coach.....she has been well loved and we can't wait to enjoy her for many more years. Felt like we were adopting her the guy loved this coach soooo much! It shows too.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:42 PM   #204

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FW5000DRIVER View Post
Nope I have a 12 year old beauty. It is highly unlikely that a two year RV will be ill kept. They just spent a big sum of money. So, bad example.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:48 PM   #205

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl View Post
Not against having rulles at all.. Not even against a 'picture' rule. I AM against rules only being applied to 10+ year coachs, and ONLY after the owner finds out its 10 yrs old.. Make it a blanket requirement, and I'd be ok. Then, not only would you STILL be keeping out who you might think of as 'riff-raff' or what not, but you would not be ticking off any potential customers with perfectly serviceable RVs in the process.

Its a simple concept, and I'm really at a loss as to why no one is grasping it. Shoot, even professed 'lawyers' cant seem to grasp it..

Seems all anybody wants to do is read the word 'discrimination' and immediately assume I am saying its somehow illegal or dont want rules.
Thank you! Well said.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:06 PM   #206

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
It's clean and well kept.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:09 PM   #207

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FW5000DRIVER View Post
It's clean and well kept.

Old 08-05-2012, 10:12 PM   #208

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl View Post
Dude.. the discussion, again, is not whether they have the right to make, or not make, these rules. It is about whether such rules, and more importantly, the way the rules are applied, are discriminatory. As a lawyer (in seven states, no less), I fail to see why you haven't grasped this yet..
Dude, it's clear that you have a cross to burn here. Has your rig been refused by a campground?

You are entitled to your opinion, however what you see as discrimination the majority of posters see as rules set by a private establishment.

Again you don't get to change the accepted definition of a word to suit your feelings. You don't get to make the rules unless you are the owner and it's your money that's at risk, if you make the wrong rules.

62_inrightlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:23 PM   #209

Quote:

Hey I get it! To deny someone access to an RV Park based upon the age of their RV is discrimination. It is particularly egregious since it is selective ( applies to some not all). So is a Pet rule...so is an Age rule (no children) (+55)....so is a Clothing rule .... So is a No Guns rule.... so is a ClassA only rule...so is a No Outside Smoking rule.... In fact CG's have a lot of discriminatory "selective" rules.

I feel your pain...I'm a pet owner.

So......your money... your skin in the game....your CG.

Are you or are you not going to establish standards & rules (discriminate) in YOUR CG against RV's on the basis of age, physical appearance or structural integrity?

Let's assume you are...OK? Let's also assume you will NOT apply your rules selectively (they will apply to everyone)......OK?

I'm curious... how will you develop & implement your discriminatory rules for RV standards in your CG?

1) Will they be objective ...,everyone, regardless of the age of their RV, will be required to submit a photo prior to acceptance into your CG.

2) Will you be the ONLY judge of acceptability or will you have a committee?

3) Will you publish your rules and standards of acceptability or will you judge every RV upon their arrival at the gate.

4) OR will your rules ( discrimination) be subjective? You or your committee will just decide on a unit by unit basis depending on your "gut" feel.

Again... This is just in the spirit of discussion, not a challenge to you as a person or your integrity. BTW....The most offensive guy where we are currently camped is the guy in a "mint" Prevost with an "loud" outdoor entertainment center. Him...I do not like.

In fact, in MY CG, I would discriminate against anyone with an outdoor entertainment center. Since these things are relatively new (within the last 10yrs), I would require that any RV produced after the advent of the flat screen TV would have to submit a photo proving that they did not have an outside EC.
Jack1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:25 PM   #210

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Geeze, 15 pages because an RV park can decide whether they want your business or not?
I'd think that if an RV park owner wants nothing but Prevosts , that's their business. Same if they only want tents or pop ups.
Have you ever noticed that you can't put a 'double wide' in Beverly Hills, even if you own the lot. What about these places that require a dress code? What's wrong with blue jeans and flip flops?
Oh goodness, the list of discrimination could go on forever.
I know it's nice to look out the window and see all nice expensive rigs but maybe people in Prevosts do not like to look at a converted school bus next to them either.
I'd say either just move on to another park, or go out and buy a MH that the park approves of.

max49 is offline   Reply With Quote