Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-06-2012, 01:18 PM   #239

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macpeety View Post
Who said anything about a "soapbox". A " 40' flatbed trailer maybe " but you would fall off very quickly from a soapbox. All the rant and pace, rant and pace, would be very dangerous for you.
Sorry man.. But you need to read a little more before you post..

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-06-2012, 01:20 PM   #240

And off I go to "read".

Old 08-06-2012, 01:38 PM   #241

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
I think this thread could use a little pruning, personally. Basically, anything outside the answering of the OP's question, vs the ongoing debate of the application of the english language , it's gone far astray on the debate of the discrimination and it's application to the anthropomorphization of RVs .
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:57 PM   #242

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckExpress View Post
I think this thread could use a little pruning, personally. Basically, anything outside the answering of the OP's question, vs the ongoing debate of the application of the english language , it's gone far astray on the debate of the discrimination and it's application to the anthropomorphization of RVs .
I disagree, as already stated, this is sort of the electronic version of a campfire chat, minus the refreshments and smoke. No need to trim, unless some name-calling or emotions have been too heated for some. In that case, like at a campfire, when the heat's too much, move back into the shadows!

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:17 PM   #243

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
I disagree, as already stated, this is sort of the electronic version of a campfire chat, minus the refreshments and smoke. No need to trim, unless some name-calling or emotions have been too heated for some. In that case, like at a campfire, when the heat's too much, move back into the shadows!
The anything goes, around the campfire chat thread is "Thread Killer" and unless they're not applying the same principles to all threads that they are to ones like the Walmart thread, usually ones that stray far off topic tend to get pruned... This one has dived the deep end and hit the bottom with it's noggin, going into the far flung reaches of attempting to apply human attributes to inanimate objects and then argue along the lines that it's similar to racial discrimination.

The discussion was on topic till Posts #19 and #20 occurred after which, it sank faster than the titanic into the mire and has stayed there ever since.

If not a pruning, a split off to move Midnight's and those that participated subject hijacking into it's own thread would be prudent.
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:00 PM   #244

Quote:
The anything goes, around the campfire chat thread is "Thread Killer" and unless they're not applying the same principles to all threads that they are to ones like the Walmart thread, usually ones that stray far off topic tend to get pruned... This one has dived the deep end and hit the bottom with it's noggin, going into the far flung reaches of attempting to apply human attributes to inanimate objects and then argue along the lines that it's similar to racial discrimination.

The discussion was on topic till Posts #19 and #20 occurred after which, it sank faster than the titanic into the mire and has stayed there ever since.

If not a pruning, a split off to move Midnight's and those that participated subject hijacking into it's own thread would be prudent.
I totally agree. He will not leave any comment alone unless you agree with him.

I look forward to this thread returning to the origional intent.

I quit posting several years ago due to such antics.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:53 PM   #245

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabby Mike View Post
Sounds reasonable to me, at least as an alternative to a flat "no" to RVs over 10 years old. Only a relative few parks seem to have the 10-year rule, so those that don't qualify and/or feel insulted can certainly avoid those.
So send them a picture. Be proud of your "like new condition". I rather them be that way than wind up spending hundreds of dollar parked looking at a dump rig that hasn't been washed in the last 10 years and the people keep their site the same way they keep there rig.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:31 PM   #246

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:

Wow.. Et tu, Brute? The OP has participated in this thread and has taken a side in the discussion. So has the moderator...
Old 08-06-2012, 05:34 PM   #247

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macpeety View Post
I totally agree. He will not leave any comment alone unless you agree with him.

I look forward to this thread returning to the origional intent.

I quit posting several years ago due to such antics.
Trolling... Keep following me around the board, I like it

The 'original intent' is exactly what we have been discussing. Again, please learn to read and comprehend what you are reading before making such statements..

BTW, most of the posts that disagree with me, are directed too me. At least I dont go around trying to find all your posts i disagree with and say something about them..
Old 08-06-2012, 06:02 PM   #248

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
BTW.. Most of the objections seem to be directed at my use of 'illegal discrimination'.. I never said such a thing. I said it was 'discrimination', and then agreed it was 'legal'. I personally dont think its right, however. Now, the ones coming out of the wood work are trying to say discrimination can only happen against a person. But, while the current socially and politically correct definition, it is not the actual correct definition as one can discriminate against against anything. Ever like Chevy's and not Fords? You have discriminated. Like tulips but not roses? Same thing. Apples, but not pears? Red, but not purple? Dont like trailers/5'ers but do like Class A's? How about diesel instead of gas? You have just discriminated against a whole group. You did not take each one individually and make a judgement based on its own merits alone.

Now, as to my point. The CG owner is discriminating against all RVs 10yrs or older (corrected), as a group. He makes exceptions individually. That is not the same as taking all RVs individually and making a judgement call on each one. To do that, he would need to ask for a picture from each and every one who called to make a reservation. He did not do that. In fact, in this case, he didnt even tell the RV owner of the requirement until after the reservation was already made and the RV owner was already there! A double wammy of wrong.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:04 PM   #249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster View Post
I don't see the problem it's their private park and can do with it as they seem fit. It's no different than getting your plans approved to build a house at a country club.

.....or refusing to rent an apartment or house to someone because they have children or are African Americans or they're Muslims....
Old 08-06-2012, 06:14 PM   #250
laj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl
BTW.. Most of the objections seem to be directed at my use of 'illegal discrimination'.. I never said such a thing. I said it was 'discrimination', and then agreed it was 'legal'. I personally dont think its right, however. Now, the ones coming out of the wood work are trying to say discrimination can only happen against a person. But, while the current socially and politically correct definition, it is not the actual correct definition as one can discriminate against against anything. Ever like Chevy's and not Fords? You have discriminated. Like tulips but not roses? Same thing. Apples, but not pears? Red, but not purple? Dont like trailers/5'ers but do like Class A's? How about diesel instead of gas? You have just discriminated against a whole group. You did not take each one individually and make a judgement based on its own merits alone.

Now, as to my point. The CG owner is discriminating against all RVs 10yrs or newer, as a group. He makes exceptions individually. That is not the same as taking all RVs individually and making a judgement call on each one. To do that, he would need to ask for a picture from each and every one who called to make a reservation. He did not do that. In fact, in this case, he didnt even tell the RV owner of the requirement until after the reservation was already made and the RV owner was already there! A double wammy of wrong.
Ummmmm, has your position changed? Is it 10 yrs. and newer, now? Just checking.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:16 PM   #251

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by laj View Post
Ummmmm, has your position changed? Is it 10 yrs. and newer, now? Just checking.
In MY CG it is!

Typo..
Old 08-06-2012, 06:36 PM   #252
laj

Understand well.
Happens to me all the time.