Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-08-2012, 02:47 PM   #267

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diplomat Don View Post
Many states (I live in California) have such messed up rental laws, that once someone is allowed to rent property or a space, it can take months to evict them. So if you don't have some type of effective rule to reduce the chances of being stuck with a rolling meth lab, you'll be in trouble.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mochisme View Post
I have been in 27 states this year, with only two advance reservations and they were at Military Reservations and I never encountered or at least had it brough up, the 10 year rule and my MH is a 2000 Model. Now last year in Las Vegas I checked out an RV Resort with the 10 year rule, and they would have let me stay, but after driving through and looking at it, I elected to go someplace else as I felt I would not fit in with the life style I was seeing.

And I think that's exactly the issue, and touches on something I posted earlier.

If you are asking about staying a few days or even a couple of weeks it's not likely that even the most messed up housing laws will kick in.

It's when you show up and ask about full-timing in the park they start to have exposure to some of these whacky laws.

We have one such issue up here with S & B rentals, a landlord can legally say no to a prospective tenant because they have dogs, but, once they're in, they can't be evicted for having a dog.

They can however be evicted for lying on the application if they said they had no dog when they moved in. They can also be evicted if even one other tenant comes forward and says the dog is disturbing them, or they're alergic to it.

Clear as mud that one.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-08-2012, 02:55 PM   #268
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I was edited because I was being a little too personal and the Moderator was correct in doing so. My edited point was...... (toned down) If I have more money than you or a nicer rig, its just as discriminatory to call me a snob which was done often in this thread.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:06 PM   #269

Quote:
I was edited because I was being a little too personal and the Moderator was correct in doing so. My edited point was...... (toned down) If I have more money than you or a nicer rig, its just as discriminatory to call me a snob which was done often in this thread.
Macpeety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:47 PM   #270

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
And not by me.. I did use snob in one 'example' , as in 'its wrong to be a snob', but never called anyone one. Sorry if you took it that way from me..
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:39 AM   #271

Monaco Owners Club
late to the party,
but you don't have to go there if you don't like the fact that the owner has rules...
just so long as you know the rules up front - that's fine with me...

just like the HOA's - don't go there if you don't like them !
I personally like them in that I know the rules and can make my own decision...

I had the joy of owning a home that someone moved in next door and
"did what he wanted" !!!

ran us out of the place and property values plummeted...

that's not snobish - that's wanting a nice environment - just like chosing a cg because of the nice views - isn't it ?
Old 08-20-2012, 11:41 AM   #272

I agree and if some would just quit bickering and move on without the personal you said and I said and I must have the last word attacks we could continue this on an informative basis.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:20 PM   #273

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Word
Old 08-21-2012, 07:34 PM   #274

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I'll sum up 20 pages of posts.

Some folks believe that rules become discrimination if you don't agree with the rules.

Just saying.
62_inrightlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:46 PM   #275

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62_inrightlane View Post
I'll sum up 20 pages of posts.

Some folks believe that rules become discrimination if you don't agree with the rules.

Just saying.
+1 I think that about sums it up.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:05 PM   #276

Yup, after 273 posts, you explained it all in one sentence....

Sequim Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:35 AM   #277

Old 08-22-2012, 11:47 AM   #278

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
However, you are wrong in that assessment..

But, because you and the other cannot actually have a conversation debating the actual issue without resorting to personal attacks, then I will simply say ado. You can revel in your victory to squash debates and I simply live under your rule...
Old 08-22-2012, 12:58 PM   #279

Tiffin Owners Club
My two cents worth

That is why I have bought my winter camping spot I know what I have bought into and what the "rules" are and I am happy with that. Now I am looking for my summer camping spot either free and or very low cost where I can make trips from and enjoy at my leisure. I get frustrated at the excessive costs, rules and uneven enforcement of those rules. I have had it with rule Nazis, nosey busy-bodies, drunks, ill mannered foul mouthed, careless, noisy, reckless, loud music playing, people .

Sometimes I like solitude sometimes I like company just in moderation.

It may sound like I'm an old crab but I've had enough of other people's rules and lack of manners and I can and will do something about it because it will be my own place carefully chosen to suit me and my needs.

JMHO as usual your milage may vary
Old 08-22-2012, 01:55 PM   #280

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayjulia View Post
...I get frustrated at the excessive costs, rules and uneven enforcement of those rules. I have had it with rule Nazis, nosey busy-bodies, drunks, ill mannered foul mouthed, careless, noisy, reckless, loud music playing, people .

Sometimes I like solitude sometimes I like company just in moderation.

It may sound like I'm an old crab but I've had enough of other people's rules and lack of manners ...

JMHO as usual your milage may vary
WOW!!!

Those are my word just coming out on someone elses mouth... errr... post!

I too am tired of going to campgrounds - and it is always the privately owned campgrounds - and being treated like I'm imposing on the owners space. I'm the paying customer DADGUMIT!!!

No place else do I get treated like this. No where! When I occassionally check into a hotel, they don't hit me with 2 pages of rules. They take my credit card, hand me a key, remind me of the check out time, and ask if I need a wakeup call.

I've about decided that the "Rules" are really just an excuse for lazy management. If they layer on rule on top of rule, then no one will be able to do anything and that means less work for them!

Come on... short of a long term living arrangements, say renting a house or an apartment, where else do we as consumers get treated this way? Well, there is the DMV, but that's the government and that's a completely separate rant!

OK... deep breath!... RANT OFF!
vtwinwilly is offline   Reply With Quote