Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-08-2012, 03:47 PM   #267
Senior Member
 
Murf2u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Near Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diplomat Don View Post
Many states (I live in California) have such messed up rental laws, that once someone is allowed to rent property or a space, it can take months to evict them. So if you don't have some type of effective rule to reduce the chances of being stuck with a rolling meth lab, you'll be in trouble.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mochisme View Post
I have been in 27 states this year, with only two advance reservations and they were at Military Reservations and I never encountered or at least had it brough up, the 10 year rule and my MH is a 2000 Model. Now last year in Las Vegas I checked out an RV Resort with the 10 year rule, and they would have let me stay, but after driving through and looking at it, I elected to go someplace else as I felt I would not fit in with the life style I was seeing.

And I think that's exactly the issue, and touches on something I posted earlier.

If you are asking about staying a few days or even a couple of weeks it's not likely that even the most messed up housing laws will kick in.

It's when you show up and ask about full-timing in the park they start to have exposure to some of these whacky laws.

We have one such issue up here with S & B rentals, a landlord can legally say no to a prospective tenant because they have dogs, but, once they're in, they can't be evicted for having a dog.

They can however be evicted for lying on the application if they said they had no dog when they moved in. They can also be evicted if even one other tenant comes forward and says the dog is disturbing them, or they're alergic to it.

Clear as mud that one.
__________________

__________________
Ted 'n' Laurie, plus Jackson (aka Deputy Dog, the Parson Russell Terrier 'fur kid') and, Rylie (who crossed the Rainbow Bridge June 14, 2012).
Murf2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-08-2012, 03:55 PM   #268
"Formerly Diplomat Don"
 
Dutch Star Don's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Moorpark, Ca.
Posts: 9,281
I was edited because I was being a little too personal and the Moderator was correct in doing so. My edited point was...... (toned down) If I have more money than you or a nicer rig, its just as discriminatory to call me a snob which was done often in this thread.
__________________

__________________
Don & Mary
2014 Newmar Dutch Star - All Electric - 450 ISL
2016 GMC Canyon 4WD Crew Cab
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:06 PM   #269
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diplomat Don View Post
I was edited because I was being a little too personal and the Moderator was correct in doing so. My edited point was...... (toned down) If I have more money than you or a nicer rig, its just as discriminatory to call me a snob which was done often in this thread.
__________________
Macpeety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:47 PM   #270
Registered User
 
Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diplomat Don View Post
I was edited because I was being a little too personal and the Moderator was correct in doing so. My edited point was...... (toned down) If I have more money than you or a nicer rig, its just as discriminatory to call me a snob which was done often in this thread.
And not by me.. I did use snob in one 'example' , as in 'its wrong to be a snob', but never called anyone one. Sorry if you took it that way from me..
__________________
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:39 PM   #271
Senior Member
 
JohnBoyToo's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: May 2012
Location: DFW, Tex-US
Posts: 4,830
late to the party,
but you don't have to go there if you don't like the fact that the owner has rules...
just so long as you know the rules up front - that's fine with me...

just like the HOA's - don't go there if you don't like them !
I personally like them in that I know the rules and can make my own decision...

I had the joy of owning a home that someone moved in next door and
"did what he wanted" !!!

ran us out of the place and property values plummeted...

that's not snobish - that's wanting a nice environment - just like chosing a cg because of the nice views - isn't it ?
__________________
'11 Monaco Diplomat 43DFT RR10R pushed by a '14 Jeep Wrangler JKU. History.. 5'ers: 13 Redwood 38gk, 11 MVP Destiny, Open Range TT, popups, vans, tents...
JohnBoyToo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:41 PM   #272
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 224
I agree and if some would just quit bickering and move on without the personal you said and I said and I must have the last word attacks we could continue this on an informative basis.
__________________
Macpeety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 04:20 PM   #273
Registered User
 
Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4,954
Word
__________________
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:34 PM   #274
Senior Member
 
62_inrightlane's Avatar
 
Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Florida / Georgia / Michigan
Posts: 481
I'll sum up 20 pages of posts.

Some folks believe that rules become discrimination if you don't agree with the rules.

Just saying.
__________________
Marc & Jan
Molly, Abby & Katie | The Cocker K-9 Kids!|Toad 2014 Cadillac SRX
2012 Berkshire 360FWS, Brake Buddy Vantage|Wineguard Travler SK-3005 |TST 507 TPMS
62_inrightlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:46 PM   #275
Senior Member
 
historyljc's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pensacola, Florida
Posts: 5,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62_inrightlane View Post
I'll sum up 20 pages of posts.

Some folks believe that rules become discrimination if you don't agree with the rules.

Just saying.
+1 I think that about sums it up.
__________________
Travel well, travel safe,
Jim
2006 Tiffin Phaeton - 2011 Cadillac SRX
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:05 PM   #276
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 736
Yup, after 273 posts, you explained it all in one sentence....

.
__________________
Sequim Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:35 AM   #277
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 224
__________________
Macpeety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:47 PM   #278
Registered User
 
Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4,954
However, you are wrong in that assessment..



But, because you and the other cannot actually have a conversation debating the actual issue without resorting to personal attacks, then I will simply say ado. You can revel in your victory to squash debates and I simply live under your rule...
__________________
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:58 PM   #279
Senior Member
 
Kayjulia's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Join Date: May 2010
Location: San Felipe, Baja,MX
Posts: 280
My two cents worth

That is why I have bought my winter camping spot I know what I have bought into and what the "rules" are and I am happy with that. Now I am looking for my summer camping spot either free and or very low cost where I can make trips from and enjoy at my leisure. I get frustrated at the excessive costs, rules and uneven enforcement of those rules. I have had it with rule Nazis, nosey busy-bodies, drunks, ill mannered foul mouthed, careless, noisy, reckless, loud music playing, people .

Sometimes I like solitude sometimes I like company just in moderation.

It may sound like I'm an old crab but I've had enough of other people's rules and lack of manners and I can and will do something about it because it will be my own place carefully chosen to suit me and my needs.

JMHO as usual your milage may vary
__________________
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness"
-- Mark Twain
Kayjulia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:55 PM   #280
Senior Member
 
vtwinwilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North Texas
Posts: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayjulia View Post
...I get frustrated at the excessive costs, rules and uneven enforcement of those rules. I have had it with rule Nazis, nosey busy-bodies, drunks, ill mannered foul mouthed, careless, noisy, reckless, loud music playing, people .

Sometimes I like solitude sometimes I like company just in moderation.

It may sound like I'm an old crab but I've had enough of other people's rules and lack of manners ...

JMHO as usual your milage may vary
WOW!!!

Those are my word just coming out on someone elses mouth... errr... post!

I too am tired of going to campgrounds - and it is always the privately owned campgrounds - and being treated like I'm imposing on the owners space. I'm the paying customer DADGUMIT!!!

No place else do I get treated like this. No where! When I occassionally check into a hotel, they don't hit me with 2 pages of rules. They take my credit card, hand me a key, remind me of the check out time, and ask if I need a wakeup call.

I've about decided that the "Rules" are really just an excuse for lazy management. If they layer on rule on top of rule, then no one will be able to do anything and that means less work for them!

Come on... short of a long term living arrangements, say renting a house or an apartment, where else do we as consumers get treated this way? Well, there is the DMV, but that's the government and that's a completely separate rant!

OK... deep breath!... RANT OFF!
__________________

__________________
vtwinwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.