Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-21-2013, 04:43 PM   #323

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyon51 View Post
Couldn't agree more with this and the rest of your post. I can certainly confirm your last statement and I know I'm not the only one. We love our '99 and have no desire at all to upgrade.

The 2 motorcycles we tow with it are worth twice what the coach is. I won't tell you what our 4000 sq ft house on the lake is worth or how much we have in investments. The only point I'm trying to make is to confirm that your RV is no reflection on your bank account.

I have no doubt that the public CGs that have a 10 yr restriction are fewer than 1%, so I have no idea why some folks are so upset about this.

Well said... we have 3 antique Corvettes and a classic 442 Olds that we tow behind our 2003 Class A MH (one at a time that is). I can assure you that my DH is just as meticulous with our 9 year old coach as he is with his show cars. Age is not a good beauty indicator! That being said... if and when a CG chooses to screen us in advance I can make the choice to comply or elect to stay elsewhere. That is the beauty of living in the US...freedom of choice...mine and theirs.

Car Dolly: Mini Cooper Clubman
vanbuskirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-21-2013, 05:14 PM   #324
laj

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanbuskirk View Post

Well said... we have 3 antique Corvettes and a classic 442 Olds that we tow behind our 2003 Class A MH (one at a time that is). I can assure you that my DH is just as meticulous with our 9 year old coach as he is with his show cars. Age is not a good beauty indicator! That being said... if and when a CG chooses to screen us in advance I can make the choice to comply or elect to stay elsewhere. That is the beauty of living in the US...freedom of choice...mine and theirs.
I think it's more then 1% but i agree with you. great attitude and perspective. wish more had it

Old 04-22-2013, 06:31 AM   #325

Monaco Owners Club
For me the issue is a trend beginning where those percentages will flip eventually. And, in regard to " freedom", we also have a history of banning together as like minded individuals and through that mechanism we move the trend line. It will be interesting to see if it moves and how far. I will " vote", if you will with my pocketbook.

Pawnotes
2000 Monaco diplomat 38 a
Old 04-22-2013, 07:47 AM   #326

Winnebago Owners Club
Just visited four parks in St Augustine in order to book one for a future trip with the grandchildren. All looked great "on line". After looking at the junkers parked in two of the parks they were quickly crossed off the list. At least with the 10 year rule the managers have a legal option to keep out the trash and by asking for a picture they can make exceptions to those that in their opinion will not lower the standards they are trying to maintain.
These parks are owned by individules whom have a lot of dollars invested and although you may not agree with some of their rules, you have the option staying elsewhere.
Just my opinion.
Paulandvicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:05 AM   #327

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We stay in a pretty nice RV park, all the sites are brick pavers, no truck campers or popups allowed, rigs must be in good condition, yada yada. Our TOAD is a Jeep which we leave the top off of in nice weather. Wondering how long before someone complains that we put a blue tarp on at night to keep the dew off the interior...
CJ7ole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:33 PM   #328

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7ole View Post
We stay in a pretty nice RV park, all the sites are brick pavers, no truck campers or popups allowed, rigs must be in good condition, yada yada. Our TOAD is a Jeep which we leave the top off of in nice weather. Wondering how long before someone complains that we put a blue tarp on at night to keep the dew off the interior...
These are pretty nice and beat the tarps and are fairly priced:

Bestop 81035-09 - Bestop® All Weather Trail Cover in Charcoal for 80-91 Jeep® CJ-7 & Wrangler YJ - Quadratec

Had something like this when we had our CJ. We have a hard top JK now.
Retired in Apple Valley, California
Rich and Cork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:12 PM   #329

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich and Cork View Post
These are pretty nice and beat the tarps and are fairly priced:

Bestop 81035-09 - Bestop® All Weather Trail Cover in Charcoal for 80-91 Jeep® CJ-7 & Wrangler YJ - Quadratec

Had something like this when we had our CJ. We have a hard top JK now.
I think I will put one on my birthday list. Thanks.
CJ7ole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:57 AM   #330

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7ole View Post
I think I will put one on my birthday list. Thanks.
We do sort of the same thing with our Tracker. Instead of putting the top up with snaps, zippers and velcro we put a blue tarp over the top to keep it dry then use a car cover that isn't water proof to hide it all. The cover works well when it is not raining just to keep it clean.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:32 AM   #331
Commercial Member

when i am asked that question, i always ask how old their campground is. when was the last time they did any improvement. if it has reliable electric service. if the campground is kept clean, and free of dog crap? turn the table on them, and then, go somewhere else. tell them why you wont stay at their campground.
i know why they do it, its just that some of them are really obnoxious when your camper is older.
never put up with snotty people, they need you. you dont need them. there is always another campground.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:56 AM   #332

Monaco Owners Club
I learned many years ago not to judge people by what kind of house they live in. There are some wonderful people living in really run-down houses and some real jerks living in big beautiful homes. The same goes for rv's.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:00 AM   #333

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadrand
I learned many years ago not to judge people by what kind of house they live in. There are some wonderful people living in really run-down houses and some real jerks living in big beautiful homes. The same goes for rv's.
And people. How many of us would run to have dinner with Si and the Duck Dynasty clan if they were parked next to you and you didn't know who they were. Plenty of folks look just like em and are just as friendly and fun without the dynasty.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:05 PM   #334

Freightliner Owners Club
I felt a little funny on January 1st of this year........our 02' Discovery turned 11 years old and we no longer qualified for any parks in Surpise, AZ or the surrounding area!!......no kidding?
Old 04-23-2013, 02:11 PM   #335

Quote:
Originally Posted by csrrsr
I felt a little funny on January 1st of this year........our 02' Discovery turned 11 years old and we no longer qualified for any parks in Surpise, AZ or the surrounding area!!......no kidding?
Are you sure...I couldn't find any reference on their web-site to a 10yr rule at Donorma, Sunflower, El Mirage, Paradise...just to name a few. Besides why not just pick-up an "extended build date" policy. As long as you maintain your rig these allow you to post date your build date by 5yrs....you'll be good until 07!
Jack1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:54 PM   #336

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack1234 View Post
Are you sure...I couldn't find any reference on their web-site to a 10yr rule at Donorma, Sunflower, El Mirage, Paradise...just to name a few. Besides why not just pick-up an "extended build date" policy. As long as you maintain your rig these allow you to post date your build date by 5yrs....you'll be good until 07!
Thanks for the info. I wish I would have had the names of these parks last February. I did get info on Sunflower, but the reviews were pretty negative. But, it did seem most of the others I Googled had the 10 year rule. Our coach has a new full body paint job and would surly pass, but it was a little irritating to know that on January 1st a very large investment (to us) was automatically being discriminated against. I understand keeping the "junk" out etc, etc, etc, still didn't lesson the irritation.