Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-10-2019, 02:17 PM   #29

Seeing that with the right search terms I have over 4 Google pages to myself, I don't think having my name on a RV forum is a big deal, but I do see others with sharp keyboards that want to stay totally anon. We gladly pay to support the forum and spent money out of pocket to support it everywhere we go and hopefully have brought a few to the forum.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-10-2019, 03:09 PM   #30
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by egwilly View Post

Someone please define BOGUS member to me. If you think I am one, then tell me and I'll leave.

bo·gus
/ˈbōɡəs/
adjective
not genuine or true; fake.
"a bogus insurance claim"
synonyms: fake, faked, spurious, false, fraudulent, sham, deceptive, misleading, pretended

Only a member knows what information is posted in their profile, there are more important things to take care of here than those who register as Mickey Mouse or Donald Duck.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
Old 04-10-2019, 03:16 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post
Yep we have a lot of Bogus members on the Rolls.

Suzy and her kin? Wow! Oh, uh... spellin' aint my strong suit.
Old 04-10-2019, 04:11 PM   #32

I have been getting the same ad for rvlife for it seems years. It has the same bewildered looking fellow with the title "life in the slow lane". Either they never change their articles, or my computer is stuck in a time warp. If I contribute, will this guy go away? lol
Old 04-10-2019, 04:50 PM   #33
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I wish I could say yes but I don’t think so judging by the amount of times I see it.
Old 04-10-2019, 05:55 PM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by winniman View Post
I have been getting the same ad for rvlife for it seems years. It has the same bewildered looking fellow with the title "life in the slow lane". Either they never change their articles, or my computer is stuck in a time warp. If I contribute, will this guy go away? lol
AMEN brother AMEN!!!

I'll join Paypal and send $30 if you get rid of that guy. Maybe more.

I'll bet they could have a fund raiser to get rid of that ad. Make a fortune.
Old 04-10-2019, 06:01 PM   #35

Quote:
Yep we have a lot of Bogus members on the Rolls.

I think you didnt intended it, but the phrase "Bogus Member" might be a bit harsh. I protect my privacy on the web wherever I go through many means and other people that do the same I think are making a smart choice. The fact is that most Americans do not understand the level to which they are vulnerable on this media. Those of us who do, and who do understand how sites like this and others work are more careful. It's not Bogus...it's Prudent.

Now if anything I actually wrote about the site was factually incorrect I would gladly like to hear it and I will correct my statement.

To reiterate I like this site and consider it better managed than others. It is a good place for RV discussion and information but lets not pretend it is something it is not. It is a commercial venture with all that implies in the digital online world.
Old 04-10-2019, 06:08 PM   #36
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The word just seemed to fit while agreeing to what you posted about anonymity, it was not meant to be harsh or degrading in any manner.
Old 04-10-2019, 06:45 PM   #37

Can I change my screen name to "Bogus Member"?

(But I don't think it will fit in the back window. May have to get a bigger coach. )
Old 04-11-2019, 05:48 AM   #38

Quote:
The word just seemed to fit while agreeing to what you posted about anonymity, it was not meant to be harsh or degrading in any manner.
Maybe we should click on that little red triangle and report the post about Bogus Members so a administrator will perform a [Mod Edit] and delete it?
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Old 04-11-2019, 06:23 AM   #39
IC2

As we wander on this thread - yep, I've been a Supporter for the past 3-4 years, am not Bogus, get lots of ideas that cause me pain in the wallet but then there are ideas that have helped me out and I barely use the other benefits. I wish that there was a check off place so I wouldn't get a new sticker every year though.

As far as ads, I use ADBLOCK Plus and only see whatever is at the bottom of the page from, I believe, RV Life.

Now, your anonymity - there isn't any now though using your real name and location does make it easier for less desireables to target your name for spam/scans and S&B residence if not a full timer. Even that wont stop the trollers and their spam (ove 150 yesterday in my suspect email). Your IP address will give the average 12 year old most of the information on who you are and where you're writing your responses from.

I am hoping that the picnics and jackets are begun again since I missed that benny.
Old 04-11-2019, 08:28 AM   #40

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Just so you know, it was taken as harsh and demeaning by me.

Thank you for the webster definition of Bogus. I looked it up, and I was asking about the meaning of it on this site. I don't think its very nice or appropriate to make fun of people.
Old 04-11-2019, 08:44 AM   #41

Really?Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1554935102197.jpeg
Views:	62
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	241557
Old 04-11-2019, 09:35 AM   #42

WOW, did this ever get off track, all I was hoping to do was to inspire some, that obviously live on this site, to help contribute towards it! It's kind of like the ice bucket challenge of a few years ago, don't need to do it but I know it raised a ton of money to help a good cause. This site, IMHO, is a good cause. The reason I like it is because I get real world experiences (the good, the bad and the ugly) from people that don't get a dime from helping me. I agree, contributing is completely voluntary, just trying to use some good old Dutch Guilt (the way my mother did on me!). Now let's all play nice!

1998 Georgie Boy Swinger/2005 Jeep Liberty
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Closed Thread